1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow & Incomplete Downloads/Uploads

Discussion in 'Guest Room' started by detritus, Jan 15, 2016.

1. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Nov 23, 2009
    After looking into reported issues with downloads/uploads going extremely slowly and stopping randomly, I'm fairly certain this is due to an external network issue as I'm getting three different types of behavior from three different geographic locations to the site. Nothing so far points to an issue with the server or the server being under attack and it's getting 800+ Mbps throughput to other regions.

I've upped the timeouts for downloads temporarily so that people will be able to download larger files without it dying randomly, but the speeds won't improve until the issue with the external networks gets sorted out. Not much we can do on our end and there's nothing you can do on yours either. If it persists into the weekend, I'll take another look.

On a separate note, if you're having technical issues with the site, it'd be preferable if you posted in this subforum and not PMing staff directly so we see if there's some systemic issue that needs to be investigated. Troubleshooting requires data and the longer it takes to get data, the longer it takes to figure out what the issue is and try to address it.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016