Skin color changing affecting color of vanilla body mod? (1 Viewer)

walkeroftheocean

Avid Affiliate
The EDI (from Mass Effect 3) mod I'm making is a vanilla body mod, and using vanilla the neck and face can't be modded, so I have to use the sliders ingame to change her skin color to match the mod. However, when I do that the color of my mod changes too. Is it possible to prevent the sliders from affecting the color of the vanilla body mod? Or would that only be possible in a loader mod?

stuntcock

Content Creator
walkeroftheocean said:
The EDI (from Mass Effect 3) mod I'm making is a vanilla body mod, and using vanilla the neck and face can't be modded, so I have to use the sliders ingame to change her skin color to match the mod. However, when I do that the color of my mod changes too. Is it possible to prevent the sliders from affecting the color of the vanilla body mod?
After glancing at the applySkinHSL() method... there's no obvious loophole. You could achieve the desired effect by painting your robotic limbs entirely in SDT skin-tones. In that way, any HSL shift which yields a metallic-looking neck+head will also yield a metallic-looking body. But actually drawing and shading the thing would be a pain-in-the-ass because it isn't WYSIWYG.

Or would that only be possible in a loader mod?
Yep, easily achieved with a Loader mod. You can draw silvery metallic stuff wherever you want and - if necessary - make specific parts of it eligible for (or exempt from) HSL shifting.

Both approaches are feasible. If you've already drawn a lot of silvery stuff then the first approach would probably necessitate some re-work. The key question is "how much are you willing to suffer in order to ensure that your mod is Vanilla compatible?"

walkeroftheocean

Avid Affiliate
Thanks, man. Might make a better loader version in the future, but for the moment, I've just used the saturation slider on pale skin to make a close match to the right color. It doesn't seem to have changed the color of the mod, so yay. Have a look.[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• In Progress.png
    In Progress.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 342

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.