Short zako(ish) comic, opinions? (blood/death warning!) (1 Viewer)

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
hi, so you may know that i make some pretty violent comics! i am trying to work in some zako elements, but since zako isn't my fetish it is hard to know what works. here is the first comic where i put some thought into a sort of zako scenario. the zako are henchgirls for an evil circus-themed supervillain, and they are fighting a sort of Rule 63 killer Batman.

[URL='https://68.media.tumblr.com/adaf5aef8877bfeb4b9cff9e7bcae58d/tumblr_orn2xdGVXn1qbzacko1_1280.jpg']

[URL='https://68.media.tumblr.com/994ee2eff165f9fa00d0abd9c24058cd/tumblr_os04vn4qOV1qbzacko1_1280.jpg']

[URL='https://68.media.tumblr.com/924e88b3c177ebff301452e4058d0e01/tumblr_osdv65Ce0j1qbzacko1_1280.jpg']
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Strix

Casual Client
That's pretty hardcore, but its a concept that probably hasn't been explored enough. Also I think many others will agree that new material is always welcomed. Good job!

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
That's pretty hardcore, but its a concept that probably hasn't been explored enough. Also I think many others will agree that new material is always welcomed. Good job!
thank you! does it hit the "zako" button for you?

Bad7

Swell Supporter
I think it def qualifies. It will probably feel more "Zako" once there have been multiple kills.

Love the outfits on the minions.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
Nice.
I like the "I wonder what her name is..." thought.
cool, from my understanding a lot of the attraction in zako is that they are treated as anonymous and fungible even though they are each individuals, i wanted to try to impart that idea :)

I think it def qualifies. It will probably feel more "Zako" once there have been multiple kills.

Love the outfits on the minions.
thank you! in the comic she kills several more but is eventually taken out by the boss (Ringmistress) with the help of some of the henchgirls. i suppose for better "zakoness" it should have been the henchgirls alone, i will try that next time!

dinomoneyman

Master of this Domain
You've pretty much got it down. I'd have to disagree about the part that next time you should do henchies only though since a thing about zako that's great is that sometimes they're such cannon fodder that even their boss, usually the big bad, doesn't care about them.

Zamaron1

Club Regular
I don't mind it if the hero is eventually defeated, but just make sure quite alot of the sexy female zakos are killed first.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
putting together a new scene that will involve zako. this villain is called the Pharmacist (for now, brainstorming better names) and her minions are nurses. real pharmacists don't have nurses but... who cares. the idea is that she is a poison expert with a doctor theme, her nurse minions all carry syringes with a poison that makes the victim compliant and aroused. if you have read my Game Over Tales/La Mouette Noire comics before, their whole goal is to get the player into a minigame, defeat her, and then kill her.

anyway here is a quick render of the Pharmacist and her minions

it will be a while before i can start work on this scene, but it will definitely involve a lot more zakos being killed. suggestions and ideas welcome!

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
Syringes in the junk!
lol probably!

a question, is it important for zako to fight and die in groups? for instance in my Salem Sanatorium comic above, the zakos split up and Black Bat starts out killing them one at a time (basically think of a stealth takedown area in Arkham City, where the hero sneaks around and silent dispatches guards one at a time). is that a good type of zako, or is it better when there are lots of zakos together fighting (more like the big group combat areas in Arkham City, where the hero fights 5-10 or more enemies at once).

Bad7

Swell Supporter
lol probably!

a question, is it important for zako to fight and die in groups? for instance in my Salem Sanatorium comic above, the zakos split up and Black Bat starts out killing them one at a time (basically think of a stealth takedown area in Arkham City, where the hero sneaks around and silent dispatches guards one at a time). is that a good type of zako, or is it better when there are lots of zakos together fighting (more like the big group combat areas in Arkham City, where the hero fights 5-10 or more enemies at once).

Individual stealth kills are a pretty common Zako setup. Sounds good to me ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.