Shielder from Fate/Grand Order static hair (1 Viewer)

Rizael95

Potential Patron
Can someone make this character? Here's the references

BlyEe91.png

QbRkz9y.jpg

OEuc5mB.png

P.s. possibly in png file

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
This hair mod seems easy to do at first sight, but the proportions of the head of this girl and SDT's are quite different on these references, so the drawing needs quite big readjustments, that may produce a mod far from the canonical character, because the fringe seems to be an important characteristic of this girl (that is difficult to make with the SDT girl, due to her small forehead).

Here are my tests with the 1st and 2nd refs (the right one has been stretched to fit the template):
wtiedAq.png

R Rizael95 : try to find some other references with different styles, so the work may be easier for the artist/modder. Personally, I do not want to spend much time on this character using these refs, because I think that I am going to waste time to have a mediocre result.

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
R Rizael95 : the thing is the head of this girl is really different from the SDT one, and as I said above, the fringe seems to be an important characteristic of this girl.

Look this picture: the eye of the SDT girl is above the middle of her face, and shielder's is under, so the eye of the SDT girl will be hidden by the fringe.
Ov386Lq.png
Trying to reproduce shielder's hairstyle in SDT will be horrible, and trying to adapt it to SDT may certainly not give a good result.

I thought that something could be done with the 3rd ref of your previous post, but the first tests make me think that there is much work with uncertain results:
8YsM7Jb.png

Sometimes, the style of some characters do not allow to make SDT hair mods. I believe that Shielder is one of them, and I frankly do not have the motivation to try to do something with it...

Your references are very good indeed, but the problem is not the references, but the shape of the head.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Your references are very good indeed, but the problem is not the references, but the shape of the head.
We could compensate for the head-shape inconsistencies by rotating or shortening some of the frontal hair strands. The right eye is normally obscured by hair, but we can compensate for that by mirroring the hairstyle (as you've already done).

R Rizael95 - for me, the biggest problem is the lack of consistent visuals. The reference images depict several different shading styles, and the color palette ranges from white to grey to blue to purple to pink (as well as a few gradients which combine several of those).

To echo SyntaxTerror's statement: "it's a lot of work with uncertain results." When I spend time on a modding project, I want to believe that the finished product will be appreciated by fans of the character. In this case, I can imagine someone downloading the SWF file and then complaining: "this file is labeled incorrectly. It says Shielder but it's not actually her. Shielder has lavender hair, not this pink bullshit."

-----------------​

If the character is depicted with several different hair colors in official artwork, then I'd recommend that you choose a preferred color and find a few really good references which show that color consistently. You can keep the other reference images that you've already found, but maybe hide them behind a spoiler tag and explain that they're deprecated.

If the hair colors are all correct -- if the character is supposed to have some kind of iridescent hair which changes color based on ambient lighting or whatever ... then forget it. We can't recreate that sort of advanced coloring effect in SDT.

If you don't really care or you'd be happy with any of the colors then please say so explicitly. In that case I'll bow out, because I don't like to deal with ambiguous requirements.

dark_knight17

Content Creator
Hey, just watched the Grand Order anime and I remembered your request. I was able to find some good references in there, as well as a consistent colour, so I whipped up a hair for Shielder. I'd agree with SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror in that the bangs are difficult. As said previously, the shape of SDT's face doesn't fit well with the bangs. Anyways, let me know what you think!
charName:Shielder;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1.01375;arms:onlegs,onlegs;throatResist:50;iris:normal,76,57,137,1;breasts:76;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:255,12,44,0.204;freckles:60,24,24,0,0;mascara:0,0,0,0,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:normal,138,102,130,1,0,0,0,0;collar:genericcollar,0,0,0,1,255,255,255,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;panties:briefs,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;top:none,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,1;armwear:elbowglove,0,0,32,1,0,0,0,1;bottoms:skirt,0,0,32,1,105,39,178,1;tops:tank,0,4,32,1,105,39,178,1;legwear:overknee,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;legwearB:overknee,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:highheel,0,0,0,1,105,39,178,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1,0,0,0,1;herTan:none,1;

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.