Start HD SDT & SDT FrameRateUnlocker [Updated 10/17/2022] (3 Viewers)

eh?

• Total voters

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
At a certain point your hardware ceases to matter with flash.
I'd phrase more as: Flash performance doesn't scale as expected.

Your hardware always matters but mostly in clock speed. Things you'd expect to matter can make things worse. Like some notebooks are 4 cores... but their clock speed is as low as 1.4ghz... and that sucks for flash.

Then the difference between 2-4 cores is still important, though certainly disappointing, especially if your clock speed is low to begin with.

If you can get many cores at high base clock is the sweet spot. This is how I can get both high resolutions and frame rates. Now my main pc is a Ryzen 7 3700X. I get 40fps at 1440p Max settings... Flash's performance just doesn't scale.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I've updated the OP and download page with a new application

Start HD SDT
Application

This is a C# console application that starts SDT in widescreen centered to your display. Starting the application again quickly restarts the game. The app starts the game as a high priority process which should generally boost performance as well as dynamically sets the Flash Projector to use all CPU processors, which aims solve an unconfirmed incorrect Windows configuration with the Flash Projector.

German Prince

Content Creator
Modder
Writer
Editor
When I start "Start HD SDT" right from your package and choose 32 threads, it just starts with this setting.
Using it with my mods it always resit it to 15 threads, any clue?

Wither

Content Creator
Having an odd graphical issue with the Start HD SDT app, specifically around Her cheeks - strange blue artifacts keep showing up intermittently, which doesn't happen when loading through the usual loader system:

b930ec16c9.png

Seems to be related to the "Blush" section of the face, as messing with that attributes (specifically the Alpha) is what causes the artifacting. Quality doesn't seem to affect it at all, not sure what's going on here.

EDIT: Tried turning off "Dynamic Blushing V1" which has temporarily fixed the problem.

EDIT2: It appears "Mooremoods V13" is also causing this issue as the different moods include dynamic blushing.

Last edited:

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
EDIT: Tried turning off "Dynamic Blushing V1" which has temporarily fixed the problem.

EDIT2: It appears "Mooremoods V13" is also causing this issue as the different moods include dynamic blushing.
Thanks for that screenshoot! good to finally see this bug, someone has told me about both of these before but I can't find it now

I think its an issue when using the framerate unlocker and Flash player 10.3 with those mods

I've not been able to reproduce the artifacts, please me know your:

CPU:
Flash player version:
Framerate unlocker: 48 or 60fps version?
Does restarting sometimes fix it?
and if you can post your mods.txt and settings txts for Dynamic Blushing and Mooremoods V13 (see if the default settings fix it as well)

^with that info I should be able to reproduce it and then I can post guidelines

Wither

Content Creator
Thanks for that screenshoot! good to finally see this bug, someone has told me about both of these before but I can't find it now

I think its an issue when using the framerate unlocker and Flash player 10.3 with those mods

I've not been able to reproduce the artifacts, please me know your:

CPU:
Flash player version:
Framerate unlocker: 48 or 60fps version?
Does restarting sometimes fix it?
and if you can post your mods.txt and settings txts for Dynamic Blushing and Mooremoods V13 (see if the default settings fix it as well)

^with that info I should be able to reproduce it and then I can post guidelines

Sure thing, here's the details:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5649
Flash Player Version: flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa (the one linked in your resource post)
Framerate Unlocker: both versions
Does restarting sometimes fix it?: Not as far as I can see, seems consistent.

The settings txt for Moremoods V13 is unedited from the default that comes with the resource, but I've attatched the nightmarish miasma that is my current version of mods.tx, for what it's worth.

Hope this helps! Would love to use your loader because it does make a noticable difference in performance.

Attachments

Mods.txt
4.6 KB · Views: 162

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I took another look just now, its going to have to be some mod setting or an incompatibility of the settings from a few mods. I would try updating and resetting the settings for these mods and see if it still happens.
Code:
progressiveExhaustionV6.swf
dynamicBlushingV1.swf
cheekbulgeeditV3_1.swf
blushmod.swf
moremoodsV13.swf
|
which doesn't happen when loading through the usual loader system:
Especially if this is the case, try still using Start HD SDT version 1.2 and set its settings to use another flash projector like version 11 that's included in sby's pack see if it goes away completely.
Seems to be related to the "Blush" section of the face, as messing with that attributes (specifically the Alpha) is what causes the artifacting. Quality doesn't seem to affect it at all, not sure what's going on here.
If you can, continue to try to find steps to reproduce this effect and let me know if you find anything :D

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I'm testing a new stable release of Start HD SDT, source code is now available, honestly don't know why it wasn't before. Some new features will be added soon and then I'll update to op and RM listing

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I've uploaded a new version of Start HD SDT to the RM, it includes the above pre release and some new fixes

WolfWitz

Potential Patron
Question, would this work with SDTL2 v0.1.2?

I'm guessing I'd have to rig it to that the Start HD SDT functions on start-up as it doesn't really recognize SDTL2 and using it on it's own just launches the game through the Flash player?

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Question, would this work with SDTL2 v0.1.2?
Its not necessary, SDTL2 can be configured to use wide screen at start up and already should be efficient performance wise but separately has its own performance quirks, i think the consensus is SDTL2's performance will always just drop randomly until you reinstall it or delete it's app data folder

WolfWitz

Potential Patron
Ah, okay... I will keep that in mind then, I have noticed weird spiking in performance so I wasn't sure if that was the Loader.swf itself or the SDTL2 wrapper. Good to know! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.