sby's loader imports (3 Viewers)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I noticed you added moan sounds for positions other than oral, which is really nice. Is there a way I can add more sounds effects?
unless you replace audio files and rebuild the project in adobe flash, end users don't really have a way to add sounds to animtool's sounds. I believe dialog actions has some features for playing sounds, but that would be in some scripted dialog manner.

2017Pandey

Hi, I'm new here and I'm totally lost, I need help to make these mods work, any help would be appreciated.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hi, I'm new here and I'm totally lost, I need help to make these mods work, any help would be appreciated.
There are two primary types of SDT content available on this site. Vanilla imports (usually PNG or SWF format, but also TXT dialogues) can be loaded directly into the game while it's running. Each file will typically alter one aspect of the game's visuals, such as a hairstyle or skirt.

Loader mods (SWF or MOD format) can achieve more significant changes. But they often require installation or configuration before they'll do anything useful, and they won't work at all unless you're running the SDT Loader. sby sby 's work includes some game-changing stuff, such as the ability to alter the sexual position of the on-screen characters. But in order to take full advantage of this ability you will need to spend time posing the characters into your preferred position -- or you'll need to find and download position files created by someone else (example).

If you'd like to know more about SDT customization and modding then I recommend that you read the Newbie Guide.

If you'd like to get a quick start then you can download sby's Loader Pack, which is available in the first post of this thread. It includes several pre-installed and pre-configured mods; you simply need to double-click on the shortcut to start. You won't fully understand what's going on, but you might enjoy the gameplay nonetheless. You're free to download additional mods and use them (or install them) on top of the Loader Pack "baseline." You can also disable or remove any mods which you don't like. But you should probably read through the Newbie Guide before you start editing or deleting files.

Whiteford Richardson

Potential Patron
I recently updated to sby_loader_8_545d and everything is working great except for all the dialogues. Specifically the Dynamic dialogues. They are reading out of order and the animators are no longer functioning at all. The Loader still sees the animtools positions folder, but the dialogues will not access them?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I recently updated to sby_loader_8_545d and everything is working great except for all the dialogues. Specifically the Dynamic dialogues. They are reading out of order and the animators are no longer functioning at all. The Loader still sees the animtools positions folder, but the dialogues will not access them?
hmm, got a dialog i can try to see this?
also, does your setup have any other init mods that i need to recreate this?

as a preemptive suggestion, in the loader settings folder, dialogpatchV4settings.txt file, you can try setting cascadepriorities=0

S

Something Blue

stupid question incoming:
there is a way to print some loading error log for moreclothing? the messages for wrong attributes of new cloths that i add are too fast and cant read

stuntcock

Content Creator
the messages for wrong attributes of new cloths that i add are too fast and cant read
Unless you want to reassign clothes to different selectors, you shouldn't need to specify any attributes. Just list the files and aliases using the minimal format:
Code:
SomeFilename.swf=SomeClothingName
; Don't bother with colons or angle braces
;SomeFilename.swf=SomeClothingName:YOU_DONT>NEED_TO:DO>THIS

There's also an easy workaround:
  1. You should be able to see at least 4-5 lines of error messages.
  2. Wait for the errors to appear.
  3. Press the PrntScr key.
  4. Paste the screenshot into MSPaint.
  5. Read the messages.
  6. Fix the errors.
  7. Restart SDT.
  8. You should now see 4-5 different error messages.
  9. Repeat until all errors are fixed.

Iago

Content Creator
Hello, I've been starting to use the new mirrored option from Animtools positions and I've noticed something that was to be expected but might be worth mentioning. If you load a mirrored position and after that you load and old one without that variable, the screen stays mirrored (obviously, since the position changes the game variable, but I didn't think of that at first). I don't have any trouble with it and I'm more than glad to update my old ATpositions if necessary, but I thought you should be aware that sooner or later, when mirrored positions start to be available, someone is gonna come asking why his screen is going crazy after loading some positions.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Hello, I've been starting to use the new mirrored option from Animtools positions and I've noticed something that was to be expected but might be worth mentioning. If you load a mirrored position and after that you load and old one without that variable, the screen stays mirrored (obviously, since the position changes the game variable, but I didn't think of that at first). I don't have any trouble with it and I'm more than glad to update my old ATpositions if necessary, but I thought you should be aware that sooner or later, when mirrored positions start to be available, someone is gonna come asking why his screen is going crazy after loading some positions.
i did make the decision to make the default value as 'don't care' for positions that do not have it. This is because the setting is indeed a game setting, and the positions did not change this before, so i set them like that to keep the behavior consistent with those positions.

I could add a setting to consider older positions to have the 'regular' camera angle, but even then i would probably have that disabled by default.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
wasn't there a version where you could use your mouse to move the parts around ? or was that removed.
i don't think so. however a couple settings use the mouse coordinates to choose where to set their location, but it is not a click to select and drag sort of deal. the tweens do continue updating until you anchor them,so that is about as close as it gets.

Jack-The-Ripper

Potential Patron
Is there a way to get rid of the side bars for full screen mode, or at least change their colors to something more aesthetically pleasing? The light tan that they are is very ugly. Also, is there a reason for why those bars are there for Sby's loader when using wider background images, but they aren't there when using the basic loader?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there a way to get rid of the side bars for full screen mode, or at least change their colors to something more aesthetically pleasing?
Main SDT folder, Settings.txt file:

Code:
; This parameter allows you to change the color by providing a hex code (if you want black then specify 0x0)
borderRGB=0xFAD6C8
; This parameter allows you to show or hide the colored bars (1=use the color chosen above, 0=use grey)
bordersEnabled=0

Also, is there a reason for why those bars are there for Sby's loader when using wider background images, but they aren't there when using the basic loader?
If you mean that the default loader uses black or grey bars then see above.

If you mean that the default loader actually automatically displays a full widescreen image of the game then that's news to me.

--------------------​

Please note that it is possible to obtain a fullscreen view of gameplay ... but it's somewhat tedious and restrictive.

1. Begin with an animtools position which zooms the camera out farther than usual.
    • For best results, you should be using a position which is inherently "wide" instead of "tall", such as a missionary sex scene.
  2. From the main menu, select (View > Zoom In).
    • The camera might be centered on an irrelevant part of the scene (such as the guy's foot). That's OK.
  3. Press Ctrl+F to switch to fullscreen.
  4. Right click anywhere in the scene to show the context menu.
  5. Left click outside the context menu to dismiss it, but then hold down the left mouse button.
  6. Mouse the mouse pointer while continuing to hold the LMB. This movement will pan the game view.
  7. Pan towards the correct area and then release the LMB.
  8. Activate Auto Mode and enjoy your fullscreen view.

There are a few important drawbacks. It's difficult to use the in-game menu because you'll see only a fraction of it at any time. Your mouse movement won't cover the entire motion tween (i.e. moving to the left edge of the screen won't pull the girl's mouth off the guy's penis, and moving to the right edge of the screen won't result in a full deepthroat). You may not be able to see the closed-caption box at the bottom edge of the screen so you won't enjoy the writing in a custom Dialogue. Therefore you should use this technique only when you intend to activate Auto mode and sit back for a while.

If you're unhappy with the results then you can use (View > Zoom Out) to return to normal.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, i never actually noticed those settings for borders xD
the default settings for the loader were probably changed, and i never noticed them. many of these settings were carried over from my own sdt setup.

anyway, that bordersenabled setting should be the one you want.

Sass

Content Creator
Hey sby, the 'reversescreen' setting works great.

I was wondering if you could add a 'invertcontrols' setting alongside it. That way if you load a mirrored position via dialogue, it doesn't change the orientation of the controls automatically. To be more clear: as in, have a setting that controls whether the controls are inverted upon loading the position.

Thanks

Iago

Content Creator
Hey sby, the 'reversescreen' setting works great.

I was wondering if you could add a 'invertcontrols' setting alongside it. That way if you load a mirrored position via dialogue, it doesn't change the orientation of the controls automatically. To be more clear: as in, have a setting that controls whether the controls are inverted upon loading the position.

Thanks
I thought of that, too. Then I realized that I could achieve the same by simply switching the start and end values of the x coordinates in the inverted positions.

sby sby , there seems to be a bug with the latest animtools version (19.1 I think). Sometimes on loading a new position (at least through dialogues, I didn't thought of trying it separately) the girl went completely messed up, or the body dissapeared or the position loaded displaced. When returning to 19 version, those things stopped happening.

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I thought of that, too. Then I realized that I could achieve the same by simply switching the start and end values of the x coordinates in the inverted positions.

sby sby , there seems to be a bug with the latest animtools version (19.1 I think). Sometimes on loading a new position (at least through dialogues, I didn't thought of trying it separately) the girl went completely messed up, or the body dissapeared or the position loaded displaced. When returning to 19 version, those things stopped happening.
got a dialog with some positions to recreate this? so far i can not get it with my simple tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.