sby's loader imports (7 Viewers)

dick322

Potential Patron
Hi sby sby
Question for moreclothing, is there a way to generate a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file for any active mods for the current character?
Lets say you have like 500 active moreclothing mods, and the game is laggy, so you just want to save a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file for the needed mods for the active character?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Hi sby sby
Question for moreclothing, is there a way to generate a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file for any active mods for the current character?
Lets say you have like 500 active moreclothing mods, and the game is laggy, so you just want to save a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file for the needed mods for the active character?
sounds like a good idea. i was able to add a button to save a charsettings file in the modpage next to the load settings button.

i have been fixing up the charsettings loading and queued entries loading in my working copy of moreclothing that RokPhenix has been testing, so hopefully this on the fly loading will be much more feasible in the next release.
if you want a copy early and want to test stuff with your setup, give a holler in the SDT modding discord if you happen to have that

dick322

Potential Patron
sounds like a good idea. i was able to add a button to save a charsettings file in the modpage next to the load settings button.

i have been fixing up the charsettings loading and queued entries loading in my working copy of moreclothing that RokPhenix has been testing, so hopefully this on the fly loading will be much more feasible in the next release.
if you want a copy early and want to test stuff with your setup, give a holler in the SDT modding discord if you happen to have that
Right on.
Which discord server is that? I am on the STD Sever discord, is that it?

dick322

Potential Patron
Another issue I wonder if you can help with this dress pack from Billy: https://www.undertow.club/downloads/billys-bodycon-dress-pack.5890/
I have setup Billy's dresses from this pack in moreclothing as modular dresses, with all the unique skirts in the CostumeBottoms cagegory and all the unique tops in the CostumeTop category to prevent duplicates.

However, I am having an issue where in this way RGB does not work for the bottoms unless the top is also registered

For example, in this setup the bottoms will not change RGB (with the top slider):
Code:
;--- Billy Dress Tops (Works fine) ------
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress-Low 2Mini.swf=BCD Strapless L:CostumeTop
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress-Low 2Mini Belt.swf=BCD Strapless L Belt:CostumeTop

;--- Billy Dress Bottoms ------
;---- These bottoms will only load as BLACK and not change RGB at all
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Short.swf=BCD Skirt Short:CostumeBottoms
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Tiny.swf=BCD Skirt Tiny:CostumeBottoms

In this setup the bottoms change RGB fine, but it causes a duplicate item to be registered in the Tops menu:
Code:
;--- Billy Dress Tops (Works fine)------
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress-Low 2Mini Belt.swf=BCD Strapless L Belt:CostumeTop

;---- These bottoms will load properly because the top is also registered, even though I don't need the top registered
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Short.swf=BCD Skirt Short:CostumeTop:CostumeBra>CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Tiny.swf=BCD Skirt Tiny:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Another issue I wonder if you can help with this dress pack from Billy: https://www.undertow.club/downloads/billys-bodycon-dress-pack.5890/
I have setup Billy's dresses from this pack in moreclothing as modular dresses, with all the unique skirts in the CostumeBottoms cagegory and all the unique tops in the CostumeTop category to prevent duplicates.

However, I am having an issue where in this way RGB does not work for the bottoms unless the top is also registered

For example, in this setup the bottoms will not change RGB (with the top slider):
Code:
;--- Billy Dress Tops (Works fine) ------

;---- These bottoms will only load as BLACK and not change RGB at all
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Short.swf=BCD Skirt Short:CostumeBottoms
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Tiny.swf=BCD Skirt Tiny:CostumeBottoms

In this setup the bottoms change RGB fine, but it causes a duplicate item to be registered in the Tops menu:
Code:
;--- Billy Dress Tops (Works fine)------

;---- These bottoms will load properly because the top is also registered, even though I don't need the top registered
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Short.swf=BCD Skirt Short:CostumeTop:CostumeBra>CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms
Dresses/StraplessBodyconDress Tiny.swf=BCD Skirt Tiny:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms
to make other modtypes follow different color slider, the common way is for one of the modtypes to look at the other piece of clothing the mod is also adding and copy its coloring. if that other modtype isn't loaded, it causes errors (if you use the flash debugger, you will see these).

an easy fix would be to open the mods in a swf decompiler like JPEXS and remove the followcolorslider code, then register them and deal with having to also adjust the bottoms RGB in game.

the harder fix is come up with a better implementation than what the common 'followcolorslider' code uses to set the RGB.
while typing this i glanced at how i handled this same case in my example modtype+code mod 'flexing buttplug', https://www.undertow.club/downloads/flexing-buttplug.6442/
this is how i implemented it:
(in this case, i was only grabbing rgbfill2 so rgbfill1 was commented out, and my mod is following the anklecuffs color)
Code:
var rgbFill1ToUse;
        var rgbFill2ToUse;

if(loadermode)
        {    //if in loader, can be very efficient and grab it directly

//if want to use rgb picker 1:
            //rgbFill1ToUse = g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.rgb1;

//if want to use rgb picker 2:
            rgbFill2ToUse = g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.rgb2;

}
        else
        {
            var fills = g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.getDataString().split(",");
            /*
            if(fills.length >= 5)        //Check for rgbFill1
            {
                rgbFill1ToUse = {r:fills[1], g:fills[2], b:fills[3], a:fills[4]};
            }
            else
            {
                rgbFill1ToUse = {r:0, g:0, b:0, a:1};        //default to black
            }
            */

if(fills.length >= 9)     //Check for rgbFill2
            {
                rgbFill2ToUse = {r:fills[5], g:fills[6], b:fills[7], a:fills[8]};
            }
            else
            {
                rgbFill2ToUse = {r:0, g:0, b:0, a:1};        //default to black
            }

}

//here is an example follow color slider piece of code
        //var mycolor1 = new ColorTransform(1, 1, 1, rgbFill1ToUse.a, rgbFill1ToUse.r, rgbFill1ToUse.g, rgbFill1ToUse.b);
        var mycolor2 = new ColorTransform(1, 1, 1, rgbFill2ToUse.a, rgbFill2ToUse.r, rgbFill2ToUse.g, rgbFill2ToUse.b);

tryToSetFill(bottoms.backside.plug.myplug2, "rgbFill", mycolor2);
it requires some setup to be able to reference the 'g' game object in vanilla, and it is a bit messy to cover the various different ways a mod can be loaded (took many iterations to get to where it is now), so the simplified implementation modders using with followcolorslider is probably best, and really only breaks because moreclothing is ripping out parts of the mod.

as for the SDT moding discord, i fixed my signature to include it. i tried to update the link the other day but apparently had too many clickable links in my signature. changed them all to non-clickable links.

dick322

Potential Patron
to make other modtypes follow different color slider, the common way is for one of the modtypes to look at the other piece of clothing the mod is also adding and copy its coloring. if that other modtype isn't loaded, it causes errors (if you use the flash debugger, you will see these).

an easy fix would be to open the mods in a swf decompiler like JPEXS and remove the followcolorslider code, then register them and deal with having to also adjust the bottoms RGB in game.

the harder fix is come up with a better implementation than what the common 'followcolorslider' code uses to set the RGB.
while typing this i glanced at how i handled this same case in my example modtype+code mod 'flexing buttplug', https://www.undertow.club/downloads/flexing-buttplug.6442/
this is how i implemented it:
(in this case, i was only grabbing rgbfill2 so rgbfill1 was commented out, and my mod is following the anklecuffs color)
Code:
var rgbFill1ToUse;
        var rgbFill2ToUse;

if(loadermode)
        {    //if in loader, can be very efficient and grab it directly

//rgbFill1ToUse = g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.rgb1;

rgbFill2ToUse = g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.rgb2;

}
        else
        {
            var fills = g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.getDataString().split(",");
            /*
            if(fills.length >= 5)        //Check for rgbFill1
            {
                rgbFill1ToUse = {r:fills[1], g:fills[2], b:fills[3], a:fills[4]};
            }
            else
            {
                rgbFill1ToUse = {r:0, g:0, b:0, a:1};        //default to black
            }
            */

if(fills.length >= 9)     //Check for rgbFill2
            {
                rgbFill2ToUse = {r:fills[5], g:fills[6], b:fills[7], a:fills[8]};
            }
            else
            {
                rgbFill2ToUse = {r:0, g:0, b:0, a:1};        //default to black
            }

}

//here is an example follow color slider piece of code
        //var mycolor1 = new ColorTransform(1, 1, 1, rgbFill1ToUse.a, rgbFill1ToUse.r, rgbFill1ToUse.g, rgbFill1ToUse.b);
        var mycolor2 = new ColorTransform(1, 1, 1, rgbFill2ToUse.a, rgbFill2ToUse.r, rgbFill2ToUse.g, rgbFill2ToUse.b);

tryToSetFill(bottoms.backside.plug.myplug2, "rgbFill", mycolor2);
it requires some setup to be able to reference the 'g' game object in vanilla, and it is a bit messy to cover the various different ways a mod can be loaded (took many iterations to get to where it is now), so the simplified implementation modders using with followcolorslider is probably best, and really only breaks because moreclothing is ripping out parts of the mod.

as for the SDT moding discord, i fixed my signature to include it. i tried to update the link the other day but apparently had too many clickable links in my signature. changed them all to non-clickable links.
Wow, thanks for the detailed response!
Do you use JPEXS btw? If I edit the ActionScript directly to remove the followcolorslider it breaks the file (it does say ActionScript editing is experimental).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Wow, thanks for the detailed response!
Do you use JPEXS btw? If I edit the ActionScript directly to remove the followcolorslider it breaks the file (it does say ActionScript editing is experimental).
yeah, i have removed code from mods like that before. make sure you are removing the creation of the event listener

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.