Saving a character (1 Viewer)

Rave

Potential Patron
Hi I'm a little confused on how to save my character. I'm using a mac so i'm not entirely sure if that could be the cause. Below is a picture of what I'm trying to save but it says that I need to enter the missing paths manually.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/screenshot20121006at113.png/

Maineim

Content Creator
That's not a problem of Mac, It happens in all systems.

I explained the same thing here:
http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2740.msg31991#msg31991

if you have you .swf file in a folder and all your hairs in a subfolder like /hairs, you should add that in your Default Folders, so you don't have error and can save characters fast.

Rave

Potential Patron
Okay so I think I got the clothes imported because I imported them onto the character and it didn't have me save them but I'm not entirely sure since I don't see them in the clothing section. I still can't get the hair imported though so I'm not sure what the problem is this time. As seen in the picture, there is the red outline on it indicating it can't find the correct source but that's the folder that I placed the hair in so now I'm confused.

screenshot20121008at928.png

Maineim

Content Creator
The default folder is fine. What's wrong is the file name, the name is incomplete. For ie "mods/hairname.png" (clearly you are missing the extension).

Rave

Potential Patron
Okay so I added the extension and it is still not working for me. I could just be doing something wrong since I have little experience with flash.

screenshot20121008at105.png

Maineim

Content Creator
try this... rename the file to something simple, without special symbols like ", ; ( ) :".

load the hair, and try to save again

Maineim

Content Creator
Now I'm lost, now everything looks right.

A possible cause to not letting you save, is the Flash configuration for local storage, but I in this case the path is red, which clearly means it can't see the file.

Have you tried putting the swf and the png in the same folder?

Rave

Potential Patron
Okay so this is weird, I placed it in the same folder as the loader and it's green now without me specifying the folder. It's correct now right?

screenshot20121008at112.png

Maineim

Content Creator
Well, I think something is not working with the default folders. I don't know if it's a problem of Mac (in theory it should the same as any Unix, any Linux like the one I'm using)

maybe the default folder should be "/hairs" or "/hairs/".

Kyro

Potential Patron
Are you sure it's not meant to be ''Mods/Hairs/''?

If you don't specify a path it will just assume it is in the same place as the Loader(that is the starting point). If you try to just put ''Hairs/'' it wont work since there is no folder called ''Hairs'' where the Loader is. You have to go through the ''Mods'' folder first before going to the folder ''Hairs''. >.>

Edit: Just to make sure you understand: Just put ''Mods/Hairs/'' in the ''Default Folders''* thing and it should work as long as what you're trying to save is in the ''hairs'' folder. Otherwise you will have to manually put the path in.

*''Default Path'' would make more sense. >.>

STDRidden

Vivacious Visitor
Kyro said:
Are you sure it's not meant to be ''Mods/Hairs/''?

If you don't specify a path it will just assume it is in the same place as the Loader(that is the starting point). If you try to just put ''Hairs/'' it wont work since there is no folder called ''Hairs'' where the Loader is. You have to go through the ''Mods'' folder first before going to the folder ''Hairs''. >.>

Edit: Just to make sure you understand: Just put ''Mods/Hairs/'' in the ''Default Folders''* thing and it should work as long as what you're trying to save is in the ''hairs'' folder. Otherwise you will have to manually put the path in.

*''Default Path'' would make more sense. >.>

I think both him and I are using Vanilla SDT. I just created a folder named Hairs and downloaded new hair styles into it and I think he did the same. Nothing to do with other mods or loader ;D (Not sure what it is yet. I'm still trying to get accustomed to the Vanilla version. :P)

The forwards stroke "/" does not work for me. I had to use backstroke "\". I thought that he might have had same issue as me.

ModGuy

Content Creator
That feel when the amount of work going in to creating a structured filesystem for vanilla is basically identical work involved in the loader.
May as well use the loader, stuff is portable. (Also mods)

Kyro

Potential Patron
STDRidden said:
I think both him and I are using Vanilla SDT. I just created a folder named Hairs and downloaded new hair styles into it and I think he did the same. Nothing to do with other mods or loader ;D (Not sure what it is yet. I'm still trying to get accustomed to the Vanilla version. :P )

The forwards stroke "/" does not work for me. I had to use backstroke "\". I thought that he might have had same issue as me.

Rave said:
Okay so this is weird, I placed it in the same folder as the loader and it's green now without me specifying the folder. It's correct now right?

Nope. You should really look more carefully before you say someone is misunderstanding or don't know enough to give a helpful answer.

If I didn't know enough to give a sure answer/solution, I wouldn't give a answer. >.>

Edit: Well the way he got it to work(put it in the same folder as game), works with Loader and Vanilla SDT. But, why would he mention the Loader if he wasn't using it? That just makes things confusing lol. >.>

STDRidden

Vivacious Visitor
:o
The advise was nothing more than the direction of the stroke so it wouldn't matter what directory it was in.

ModGuy said:
May as well use the loader, stuff is portable. (Also mods)

I think I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.