Ryonaneer Content (Dizzy, Stun, KO) (3 Viewers)

Ryonaneer

Club Regular

Quick vid with SFV Beta.

Surprise! Cammy's stun animation is actually different! Chun's is the same, buuut...I actually do like hers a lot, haha.
Buuuut hopefully it means if other vets come back they'll have new stuns. WOWWW stuns are gonna happen a lot lot more in this game! Jeeeezzz.

Anyway. I'm gonna do some Rumble Rose vids next. I plan to do Aigle, Makoto, Reiko, and Candy Cane, with focus on stun animations. Aigle is almost done.

Last edited by a moderator:

stunanimation

Potential Patron
Damn, really wish Chun could have a different stun animation!
Actually, Chun li could be my favorite ryona character, it attracts me even when I was playing ussf2 when i was at like 10 yrs old. But none of the later version of the chun li could beat the original ssf2 one IMO. It even make things worse when the stun animation becomes pretty much the same thru many version. The same problem goes for Mai in kof series. Being a character with possibly greatest ryona potential, the stun animation and the outfit of Mai never changed through more than 10 generation within game series. Did they even hire an artist when they remake the game??? lol

Some Chun and Mai stun pics, which you could tell that it doesn't change much.
Chun-Li gets Dizzy by FlameFlair on DeviantArt
Mai gets dizzy by FlameFlair on DeviantArt

In SFV, the stun animation and anything else for Cammy is outstraight better than Chun li IMO. Cammy has brilliant texture for her muscle on her leg, and it could tell that It's pose and animation was made with much efforts and enthusiasm, while Chun's were plain and normal.

Oh, and I saw your Korra video, it was great! I really like it for both the video and korra the character. The dizzy moan for Korra was perfect. It's shame that the game it self was not very well made, the animation was raw and, well, they use the same facial expression for hurting, dizzy and yawning.................

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since I already wrote that much, I wish to know that in every body else's opinion, what makes a good stun-type ryona?

To me, my favorite part is to see the character suffer and struggles a lot in the dizziness, and they will try really hard to actively getting out of dizziness, to put themself together and get back into the battle. The exact reason I enjoy this cammy dizzy animation so much.
Despite stun animation, I also love to see characters waking up from dizzy, such as shaking head and clapping on their head, to get out of the dizziness. Any ideas anyone? Some vids focusing on that would be great!

Thief

Club Regular
I dunno, stuff I like to see are when they really look they lost their senses? How to put it? Small details I like is like when the stumble a lot, struggle to keep balance or bend their legs like Cammy does in that vid of SFV, when they look up or have their arms hanging. The expressions also help a lot, perhaps that's why I like Samus's dizzy so much in SSB4 she has a very nice expression of dizziness. Guess that's what makes Super Street Fighter II Cammy's dizzy my favorite: she stands there groggily without the same pain expression of the Alpha series, she looks like she lost her senses.

One thing that really brings the whole thing down though is when they put their hands on their head or their body (like their stomach or chest), I dunno why but it really bothers me. I can let it pass when all the animations in the game are similar or low key, but more oftern than not it really sticks out. This is probably why I have such mixed feelings with Palutena's animation in SSB4, everything is perfect except for her hand and given how many dizzies are in that game it bugs me a lot... Dunno why, really. THough her expression, really really helps. Talking about expressions, if it is boring it also kind of bothers me, but this is only if the game has dizzy expressions, if all the animations have a pain expression or just eyes closed (like in Tales games) I don't mind, but again like in SSB if there are expressions around, which that game has aplenty, having a boring one undermines things... which is what happens with Zelda for me (I love her animation overall), she is my favorite Nintendo girl and her dizzy was so close to perfection but her having the same expression when she gets hit really made me feel "Aww... really it was almost there almost perfect!" I really wish she puts the same face as Samus or Peach when stunned.

On another weird note, having a dizzy "effect" also helps things up, having the circling birds or stars on the character's head is what completes the thing for me. When it isn't an effect, it doesn't bother me like the things above, but it does become much less appealing. This is epecially nice if there is a sound effect like tweeting or something accompanying things. You may guess how excited I was when I found out that SSB4 had added a circling stars effect to stuns.

stunanimation

Potential Patron
Haha, really interesting, then Maki from cvs series is probably your type? Actually I personally enjoy the characters putting hands around their head, (not chest or stomach), probably because this is what made of "dizzy" to me I guess? Take sfiv chun li for example, when she bowing down breathing, It could be tired, or stomache or anything, you can't tell she was dizzy if there were no dizzy birds. But other animations from such as Sakura, Rose or Poison, everyone could tell that they were stunned.
Also I personally enjoy the "painful" facial expression, as stated before, it feels like they were trying really hard to get themselves out of dizziness.... And well, ok, zelda one is my favorite... haha
Btw, I've been checking your youtube likelist a lot, XD Many great vids were there, keep adding stuff in! LOL

Ryonanomachine

Potential Patron
- - - Updated - - -

Well, since I already wrote that much, I wish to know that in every body else's opinion, what makes a good stun-type ryona?

To me, my favorite part is to see the character suffer and struggles a lot in the dizziness, and they will try really hard to actively getting out of dizziness, to put themself together and get back into the battle. The exact reason I enjoy this cammy dizzy animation so much.
Despite stun animation, I also love to see characters waking up from dizzy, such as shaking head and clapping on their head, to get out of the dizziness. Any ideas anyone? Some vids focusing on that would be great!

Now that you mentioned it, my favorite Dizzy animation are those where the character is completely defenseless and vulnerable, and her hands are completely down or out of place without covering nothing of her body like if she doesn't care anymore what the other character can do to her in that position, like "Oh, you are beating me so hard that you made me dizzy, do whatever you want to me now".

My favorites are Arina from Waku Waku 7:

OhgwoNk.jpg

Kula and R.Mika:

xENv6uT.gif
u9FTIYZ.gif

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Speeeeeeaking of R. Mika, she got confirmed for SFV today! I hope her dizzy animation is the same~!

Also, I did a vid for Aigle.

Reiko, Makoto, and Candy Cane will also have similar videos, maybe a bit shorter since the first one has a lotta me figuring out how to activate certain animations. ^^;;

Ryonanomachine

Potential Patron
Speeeeeeaking of R. Mika, she got confirmed for SFV today! [/video]

Basically my reaction.

a1Jo1vh.gif

I'm gonna upload a video of the trailer adding a slowmotion section of her moves.

Now imagine this Vega position on Chun-Li, Cammy and other girls in SF V in the future, that will be glorious.

9vcHFwF.jpg

stunanimation

Potential Patron
It's great to see so many people discussing in this thread! Really hope there's more dizzy videos coming out from everybody.

Great video on the Rumble Roses! I love the facial expression of aigle so much. If you plan to make further videos on RR series, what I suggest is that focusing your attack on the head and deal more head damage. What happened when huge amount of damage done on the head is that the characters will cover her head when idle(similar to that in the video when aigle cover her stomach), and most subsequent hit on the head will cause a dizzy animation. You probably want take a try on that.

Also for the MKX, I was wondering if there's anything like Shao Kahn's hammer toss in MK9? Definitely it'll be awesome if same thing appear on MKX characters.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Ahhh, thanks for the replies everyone! And also the dizzy GIFs from earlier.
I am excited for R. Mika and also SFV in general. I played the beta a couple days ago and I actually really really like the direction it's goin' in yup yup!

I reaaalllly want Ibuki and Sakura, though. Um, well, and Makoto. And Juri.
The best part is that with their new model of character release it's very likely all will be added! Very exciting right??

Anyways, thank you for the tip on Rumble Roses! I will try that out.

I plan to do a vid like that one for Aigle but with Reiko, Candy Cane, and Makoto, then probably one showing a single cycle of certain animations on everyone, I guess? Gives me somethin' to do while I wait for other games!

Ummm can't say I know about the MK9 hammer thingy tho...^_^;;

As always if you have suggestions for games with good stuns/dizzies lemme know!

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Ahhhh that makes sense 'cuz I haven't seen it!
There's no way for me to play RRXX 'cuz it's only on XB360...

Too bad I'll be missing a few animations. Do you know anyone on YT with a video of animations like this for Rumble Roses?

ALSO yea yea the Jap version is way better with voices. It has English AND Japanese recordings and they are more vocal yea.
I wonder why they REMOVED voices from the English version??

stunanimation

Potential Patron
Haha so true but the lucky things is that the original RR has better character design, i really love Aigle and Benikage in this game, and Aigle in RR is out straight better than that of RRXX, at least in terms of the suitability of stun type ryona.

I can't found any of the vids right now since there're not too many vids that mainly focusing on stuns, but what i've seen is that there's also a kind of strong punch that directly stun their opponent and make them groggy, with stats circling around their head. However it's even harder to see through the whole animation because just like all other vids out there, once they stun their opponents, they will want to connect with other attacks as soon as possible.

Thief

Club Regular
Haha so true but the lucky things is that the original RR has better character design, i really love Aigle and Benikage in this game, and Aigle in RR is out straight better than that of RRXX, at least in terms of the suitability of stun type ryona.

I can't found any of the vids right now since there're not too many vids that mainly focusing on stuns, but what i've seen is that there's also a kind of strong punch that directly stun their opponent and make them groggy, with stats circling around their head. However it's even harder to see through the whole animation because just like all other vids out there, once they stun their opponents, they will want to connect with other attacks as soon as possible.

Question, you mean the usual dizzy effect animation or that move has a different one?

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Hmmmm well sometimes just hitting will make them see stars for a bit, buuut I dunno, I haven't played a whole lot to actually see everything. Do you mean something in RR or RRXX?

Oh, I did find an extra dizzy animation from slamming them into the corners. But it only lasts a couple seconds. Stillllll it's one I should add to the vid I wanna do with everyone later.

stunanimation

Potential Patron
Oh I'm mentioning RRXX, stuff you might have missed and might want to pick up through vids on the internet. I don't know whether they were normal stun animations, it was just the character get hit and get groggy, sometimes bury their face in their hands, with stars circling around their head. Some of the animations were pretty good actually, and were different from the "pull someone up from the ground" dizzy animation. Also in RRXX when you grab someone from behind, you might get elbowed so that you get stunned and your opponent escape from your grip.

Examples could be found at 1:37, 2:07. I believe if we dig into it there might be more good ones, but it's a shame this game is on xbox360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y0li12fDi0

It looks like most of the nice dizzy animations comes from the street fight mode.It's a pity that RR1 didn't include that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-XnXI0sRs&index=2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCSXOCsEJM&list=PL9J4GDV2zTL3ZV0BmS1rVK4ud_g0dH0c6

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Ah, hmmm...
The examples in that one vid might be in RR1. They only last a second or so. I've found one like that, the one I mentioned before.

That's cool if there's different animation based on which part of the body is more injured, it's a nice detail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.