Ryonaneer Content (Dizzy, Stun, KO) (5 Viewers)

Thief

Club Regular
- Mevella (Big Fight: Big Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean -Arcade-)
- Justicia (The Crystal of King -Arcade-)

---

Update:
- There is now a stun in Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash but it really short and hard to get a good camera angle before it goes away... they just kneel to the ground and face the ground, I noticed it when I used Murasaki's explosion blast as my support card helper.
- As for my videos, soon -_-

Hey, nice to hear from you! Glad to see updates are coming!
Thanks for the gifs by the way, Mame has many games with good stuff.
Saw your newer vids and I am wondering about something: in Valkyrie Drive appartently there aren't stuns, but what happens when there's a guard break on your character? Also, it has a Smash Bros like mode as well, have you tried there if there are items or, again, guard breaks that may get a stun?

Also, gotta say I love Menat design and I am pretty happy with her stun animation (especially after SFV has only disappointments in that regard save a couple of cases.) Just wish we didn't have that weird glitch that makes the circle of stars or birds fly all over the place when she's dizzy, it's pretty distracting. Hope it gets patched or someone mods it.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Tutturu~
Sorry, too busy and broke these days...>_>;;

Will try to do something at the end of the year, maybe November?

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
Thief - I actually haven't tried to block in that game (Valkyrie Drive).
Ryonaneer - Dang that sucks, still you make good videos always worth the wait.

---

PS4
- Touhou 14.5 Urban Legend in Limbo (no voices): Guard Breaks
- Ys VIII: English voices are ehhh, there seems to be low health stance for the 'Earth (Power)' Dana and the 'Light (Speed)' Dana
- Exist Archive: This game is ungh... trying to rush it to get the other characters...
- Dragon Quest Heroes II: I'll progress more in that story somehow, forest has enemies that causes you to go to sleep though!

PSV
- Mary Skelter: English voices are ehhh, still need to get the other characters (and the secret character), Pandora & Ruby only does two of them

Mobile
- Fantasy War Tactics: I got a few more characters (haven't recorded yet)
- War of the Crown: I got a few more characters (haven't recorded yet)
- Dragonblaze: Stopped playing it for a while
- Wonder Tactics: Stun animation is like 3 frames... hard to get the characters too
- Seven Knights: Voices so messed up -_- Stopped playing it for a while

Last edited:

Thief

Club Regular
Give it a shot with guard breaks, sometimes it's what leads to a stun status. Not only valkyrie drive I mean in general. may be worth a shot, like YSVIII for example.

I think that in that Touho game there are more traditional, longer stuns by just hitting opponents enough.

Lotsa stuff, great!

Soo, commenting on stuff... Still rather ticked off that Fire Emblem Warriors does not have stun animations. I mean, large collection of cute girls, a Stun Meter per se (even called that) but when depleted the character just kneels down for a moment. LAME.

Marvel Vs Capcom infinte has stuns as well witht the Mind Stone, but seems to use the same animations as MVC3.

EDIT: Speaking of...

Last edited:

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
PS4
Accel World vs Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight: has a lot of status effects: 1) dizzy 2) sleep 3) bind & paralyzed are almost the same and 4) unbalanced from when someone pounds on the ground, but sadly there is no 'low hp' animation like Lost Song. There aren't a lot of places where you can zoom in. There is 'guard break' but it's you just get knocked backed a bit. (Added edit: You can move the camera unfortunately if you have a status effect 'cept bind and paralysis. Also forgot there's a losing pose where the person's hunch over but that's almost impossible to get.)

Fire Emblem Warriors, I was thinking Koei would be transporting their common animation they used for Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors to it.

I've also been noticing that a bunch of companies have been reusing the same animation probably to save bandwidth when transporting data across the network. I feel like there's no uniqueness between characters anymore.

Last edited:

quiet_resolve

Club Regular
Give it a shot with guard breaks, sometimes it's what leads to a stun status. Not only valkyrie drive I mean in general. may be worth a shot, like YSVIII for example.

I think that in that Touho game there are more traditional, longer stuns by just hitting opponents enough.

Lotsa stuff, great!

Soo, commenting on stuff... Still rather ticked off that Fire Emblem Warriors does not have stun animations. I mean, large collection of cute girls, a Stun Meter per se (even called that) but when depleted the character just kneels down for a moment. LAME.

Marvel Vs Capcom infinte has stuns as well witht the Mind Stone, but seems to use the same animations as MVC3.

EDIT: Speaking of...

It's similar, but different. I really don't like the art style of MVS infinite and how they turned every female character into pretty doll, but still hope somebody could catch a better camera on those animations and maybe remove the circling light effect(it's way too bright)

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
PS4
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - Apparently you can create the main character (to replace Kirito), there's like 8 voices and so far two types of effects (stun and low hp). Haven't ventured far in the game to see if there's any more.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Four Goddess Online - It's nice to see the items that cures certain ailments tells you what status effects are yet to come, but so far I've seen burn and frozen (you're in a non transparent block of ice). Btw, it's so far not worth it's price, buy it when you see it on sale.

---

I just figured out that somehow PS4 can't record any videos with sound with Samurai Warriors 4-2 for some reason, which sucks.

Thief

Club Regular
That's some nice info, Zaysha. From what I could tell, in SAO vs Accel World they use the same animations as Lost Song, don't they?

In Four Goddesses Online there are stuns, actually. If a character gets hit repeatedly by wind attacks they are stunned.

Yeah, Koei Tecmo recycles that animation a lot. Nights of Azure 2 another game from the company also uses the same, though only seen the main character's animation.

quiet_resolve quiet_resolve : Yeah, I kind of agree. MVCI's graphics are pretty lackluster... I mean, too detailed and "realistic" to feel stylized, but too unpolished and dry to look good in detail. Would have been a lot better to stick to the comic book stylized look of MVC3. Then again, big criticism this time is that they tried too hard to follow on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Last edited:

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
Thief - Guess I'm not that far in the game yet, thanks for the heads up. As for Lost Song, pretty much.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
How much time does it take to get the characters in Ys 8? ALSO!
Are 'danas' forms for the character, liiiiiike in Shadow Hearts 3?? :O

Also also, do we know when Dragon Quest 11 is coming west?

That's too bad for FE Warriors, I really liked the stuns in Hyrule Warriors BUT it was a real pain to get some of them recorded...>_<
Still a while until I can do a video I care about...But eventually I will! I really wanna rent Ys 8 and do one like I did with the demo but with all characters.

Akumart

Avid Affiliate
Would like to leap in and ask as to where it would be possible to find monsters that inflict stun and some of the other status effects in SAO vs AW?

Just for... research's purposes and all that~

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
Ryonaneer - I would say uh 20+ ish...Dana's other forms might take a while. I took a break from the game and haven't received her 3rd form yet (problem with Dana is that she is in her own dungeon by herself). As for the Shadow Hearts 3 similariti, I would say kinda... slightly varying costume but definitely different weapon which leads to various stances (same voice tho).

Akumart - Currently, I have only seen scorpions from normal enemies do paralysis -lightning sparks- (similar animation to bind -chains-), but as for everything else, it's so far been bosses -_- Though if you can find someone to fight in a pvp online, the AW character can inflict status effects upon you.

---

Usually when I play video games, I try to get the character I want to do, then try to find enemies that produce 'x' status effect or a 'good' ryona spot. I've been 'eh' on the story with some of them and there are just times I just don't beat the game if it's not worth it.

Thief

Club Regular
That's too bad for FE Warriors, I really liked the stuns in Hyrule Warriors BUT it was a real pain to get some of them recorded...>_<
Still a while until I can do a video I care about...But eventually I will! I really wanna rent Ys 8 and do one like I did with the demo but with all characters.
Still holding to the tiiiny bit of hope there's a particular, special attack that may dizzy characters. But eh... nothing but a hope. It's the same disappointment as Fate/Extella, which also had removed the stun status (was really looking forward to Tamamo and Medusa). And Star Ocean Anamnesis, as well, which didn't even change the genre, got a huge cast crossover and removed precisely the stun status leaving all others in.

In that regard, Hyrule Warriors was a "luxury" by giving most characters a different animation, given that musou games don't really use stun as a staple status and tend to use the same Dynasty Warriors animation everywhere else.

Funny thing is that once you get to adventure mode finding stages where you quickly find characters by themselves is rather quick and easy, but you need a little patience.

Last edited:

quiet_resolve

Club Regular
Ran into this video today and found a very nice stun animation:

(0:46, and many more after)

It's similar to urban reign, where you break a body part and get stunned.

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
Ran into this video today and found a very nice stun animation:
(0:46, and many more after)
It's similar to urban reign, where you break a body part and get stunned.

I wish that guy did more videos. You ever check the link section I posted on the forums (the one dealing with ryona links). I posted this link to this guy there. I need to update a few of those links though, a few of them... got removed.
- Ryona video uploaders on YouTube list

---

Summon Night 6 has stun animation but it's the same for sleep, paralyzed, etc... but the voices are in fricking English. I might have to buy the JPN copy because the voices don't match at all to the characters.

Unfortunately some of those games don't have guard button... to have a guard crush animation. :/ These games mostly have evade instead of block. I might get Nioh to focus on guard crushes though.
- I did a bunch of 7 Knights Ryona videos (US Voice) and some ArcheAge Begins (Mobile, there is a stun animation as you can see in the video but they cycle it once then stop the animation of the character, blah)... I'm just kinda mad that there's only 9 KOR voices atm (for 7 Knights). I'll do them when I have the time. For some reason they removed Amelia's US ryona voice...

Last edited:

Thief

Club Regular
Heya, how'sit going? Yeah, I found out in the Lacrimosa of Dana demo that there isn't a guard command. Sad, but hey, Guard Crushes are all in all just taking a look at all possibilities with the game =P

Do you plan to do 4 Goddesses online?

Wish someone would make vids of Nights of Azure 2, it does have Stun Effect and lots of cute girls (though I think they went overboard with the boobs). But there isn't a single vid of it, weird considering the first one got a bunch.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Hum I noticed there's a different Ys game like that one with some cute girls but can't find my kinda ryona for it, only vore vids...

Buuut I can finally rent Ys 8 soooo I will see what I can do with that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.