Ryona in sad stories...? (1 Viewer)

TricoNitroz

Potential Patron
Do any of you like ryona in sad story?

For example:

I hate it. I always get carried by the sad story rather than the ryona the video offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardion

Potential Patron
Same here, I always delve deep into any (good) story I watch, so in cases like those I feel too sorry for the girl to actually think about the ryona value.

TricoNitroz

Potential Patron
Same here, I always delve deep into any (good) story I watch, so in cases like those I feel too sorry for the girl to actually think about the ryona value.

That's the problem, we can't even concentrate to the ryona!

I don't like there to be too much psychology or back story when I'm enjoying ryona. It is what it is.

True. If we know the back story we'll just be sad and might want her to be free.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

corrswitch

actually I like the story part, it provides more depth. I can always change focus and watch again with a focus on the ryona

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
My position is a bit self-contradictory, I think.

In a realistic movie or story, I don't look at these scenes as enjoyable for it's violent content. The same is in a semi-realistic setting, like a good thriller movie. For example, Babs Milligan strangled im "Frenzy" was just sad. The same goes for female soldiers shot in a WW2 movie.

A similar scene in a light hearted action or horror movie would be enjoyable. Especially if the victims are a villain's henchwomen (aka Zako).

But here comes the twist: I love to know their personal background, and since it's almost never hinted, I create it in my fantasy. They get a funny, painful, humiliating, often over the top brutal, comeuppance, and they certainly deserve it. But they are also somebody's daughter, sister, girlfriend, mother...

So a story can turn really sad and the question "whether to silence the sentry temporarily or permanently" may become important.

zer

Potential Patron
Well, depends really. Sad is fine most of the time because for me, what I like about ryona is basically the empathy towards the girl in question. It's a peril kinda thing, only if bad things actually do happen to her it's better than just the possibility of bad things happening.

Seth

Potential Patron
I don't mind seeing really bad end for character, but there's one thing, that I don't like. It's when I start to like heroine and suddenly, she is killed. That's something that makes me feel sad, sometimes.

Baku|Haku

Avid Affiliate
No I don't, I mean in theory the heroine or the female protagonist get's defeated and it's sad but if you are watching something for the ryona element it's bound to happen eventually.
Yet it's curious how certian defeats can be depressing if you really like the heroine in place.

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
I don't mind seeing really bad end for character, but there's one thing, that I don't like. It's when I start to like heroine and suddenly, she is killed. That's something that makes me feel sad, sometimes.
It makes me feel sad, sometimes, too. For example, I absolutely hate it when "Vasquez always dies", just because there seem to be an unwritten rule for moviemakers that strong female characters can't survive when they are no part of the happy end.

But in general, the possibility that a really bad end can happen to anybody at any time ("memento mori"), including somebody I really like and empathize with, adds suspense to the story. So, while it makes me feel sad, it doesn't ruin the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.