RWBY Grimm Eclipse (1 Viewer)

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Sooo the RWBY is on Steam Early Access now I guess!

I don't watch the show buuuut I do like the character designs. I was wondering if anyone knew if this game has any good ryona in it or not? I guess if it's in dev still maybe not much but if it's on Early Access it must have a decent mounta stuff in it?

Sickerton

Content Creator
Going by the wiki page on it, it may still be a bit too early to know for sure. The only versions you could actually check it out with right now for free are an ancient proof-of-concept with just Ruby facing off against endless waves -- which has been officially down for ages but knowing the Internet must be still floating around somewhere -- and an early alpha only available for Sponsors of Rooster Teeth.

Looking at it right now, I'd wager that the finished product would probably have only light ryona at best. The titles they say they're drawing inspiration from focus a lot more on the player stylishly whupping enemies instead of vice-versa, and the multiplayer aspect would also limit most uses of press-button-now-or-get-beaten setpieces similar games get most of their ryona possibilities from.

Maybe some of the Grimm will be able to pin down and render helpless a player, requiring help from one of the others to break free? I'm always in for bear maulings.

Last edited:

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
May need to wait after Early Access. No bosses that I want to see like Melanie or Neo :confused:

Thief

Club Regular
The early access came out and it's pretty repetitive. The game doesn't look bad, but all you encounter are mooks in large amounts and their only attacks are flailing around. Still, when the game adds more content I wouldn't discard new attacks for enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.