Rumble Roses / Rumble Roses XX (1 Viewer)

Gordmin

Potential Patron
Why is there no thread about those both jewels? Womens wrestling at it's best. You can torture the girls really nice. It also included Robotgirls to have some fun with. And ofc skanky outfits.

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
I'm pretty sure there is? If not, that is really a shame because the first Rumble Roses really at the time was set apart, for better or for worse. I can at least remember the first time I've seen it on the cover of PSM and I was just suddenly taken back by it.

Anyways, wonderful ryona in that game, more so if you had the japanese version and is able to unlock the male wrestler/clown in the game (as my type of ryona usually is male/female).

Mardion

Potential Patron
Both games, but I'd say especially the first, are among the best games a fan of fem/fem wrestling or fem/fem non-bloody ryona can buy. Each girl has got so many moves to perform, and many of them are painful as all get-out. Some of those submission moves are effing fantastic, others being pleasurable to watch, others producing so much pain and/or bone-cracking moments on their opponents as to be unbelievable. The gameplay is also quite slow, allowing you the luxury to savour each and every move. And the wrestlers themselves cover pretty much every taste, there's everything from a schoolgirl and a judo teenager to a nurse and a teacher ; the last one's alternate self (yes, it has those too!) is a BDSM leather-clad woman that fights using a whip! The fact that all of them can be seen wearing swimsuits is also a plus, although it's a shame they can't be barefoot in them. The original Rumble Roses also features a Mud Wrestling mode, for those who like to see the girls getting dirty. Seriously, there's so much to love in these games that it's ridiculous!

Platforms
Rumble Roses is a Playstation2 game
Rumble Roses XX is an X-Box360 game

Gordmin

Potential Patron
Both games can be obtained quite cheap nowerdays. The japanese version is prefered because of the original voice acting. (Does only run on japanese 360's or Jtag 360's -sadly)

onlinehero

Casual Client
I love RR XX too, especially Reiko in her normal outfit. Best thing in the game is that cpu actually uses the lovely wretling moves and doesn't just try to kick/punch you like it usually does in fighting games. Second best thing is 2 vs 1 mode which is sooo damn sweeeeeeeet. Two girls doing submission hold to my character... aahhhh :D

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, RRXX alone kinda makes me wish I had a 360. Maybe in another 5-10 years we'll have workable emulation for it, eh?

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here, and say that I didn't think much of it. Don't get me wrong. Reiko, Aigle, Candy Cane, and maybe Noble rose are quite cute. But then you have Ms. Spencer and Anesthasia who look like men with boobs. Customisation was 'meh', character creation was even more meh, and you'd think that a game a voyeuristc as Rumble Roses would let you save replays and let you take photos, right? In all fairness, it was an early game, but they choked hard when they made it. And there will never again be a sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjaryona

Potential Patron
I never got the chance to play XX, but the first one was a gem for me. I love Reiko and Makoto the most. I like Bloody Shadow too, but I hate the mask (which is good that her alter-ego is there).

???

Potential Patron
Oh yes, it's just as I feared....I just decided to play XX today and surely enough the graphics were considerably better then in the last game as well as the gameplay and individual movesets.

Unfortunately, just like the last game this one is still missing my preferred ryona. I'm considering hacking it the same way I did the last one, except since it's an Xbox game it wouldn't be quite so easy this time around.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
WHAT WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS

I always play matches on the skyscraper, and there's no weapons there... there's weapons on the other two arenas though. I knew that much.

I DIDN'T know Sgt. Clemets and Candy Cane started the match with their own special weapons! Holy shit, and they do a ton of damage. Pardon me. I have to go beat Reiko completely senseless with Dixie's nightstick...

edit: Well that was more fun than I expected. I only clobbered her for about half an hour with it. I think she'll be a little sore after that.

So then I decided to see who else had a weapon, and HOLY SHIT GREAT KHAN HAS A FIRE BATON WHAT THE HELL.

I do believe this has renewed my interest in this game... I think my next victim of police brutality will be Miss Spencer...

Last edited by a moderator:

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I'm kinda with anotherguttersnipe on this one. There was something about the girls that was just a little off putting. The only girls I liked was Reiko, Benikage when you redressed her and Candy Cane, the others just seemed a bit off or had costumes I didn't like. The the shape and figure of the women, whilst you could change it a little bit had something a little off about it for me. The biggest highlight of the game as you'd guess for me was the bearhug was very good... which there had been more variants of it as there tends to be a lot of variants of slamming moves and what not. I felt this game personally was a lot of potential wasted.

The controls were god awful too...

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
They... they take some getting used to, yeah, but they can be dealt with easily enough. Also, I've recently put Dixie in Reiko's red outfit... good choice. :D

Mardion

Potential Patron
@Raden, I hope you have already know about Mistress Spencer's own special weapon, it's the only weapon with a decent Lethal Move available.

@thedude, the controls are pretty standard for a wrestling game, if you've played any Smackdown game then RR's controls shouldn't take more than half a minute to get used to. And yeah, I'm afraid we all agree that they made a huge blunder with the girls' figures, whoever thought making them more muscular/masculine should get put down by a shotgun. But anyway, even if you don't like most of the girls' default outfits, you can always buy new ones for them, put them in Superstar mode and see if that costumes works better for you (although that takes some work) or just play Queen's Match mode where they only wear swimsuits.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Damn, who else has a weapon? I knew about Sgt. Clemets and Candy Cane, and I found Great Khan has one... there's more specific ones? jeez. Back to the ol' drawing board then.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
@Mardion I like giving some of them a little tone :P
I hate the unlocking system in XX. I STILL have not gotten Lady X. It annoys me to hell and back. Random encounters my ass

onlinehero

Casual Client
@randomguy if you're willing to try savegame modding, I have a save that unlocks all characters and something :) Just tried it few mins ago and it seems to work:

reikovsladyx.jpg

reikovsladyx2.jpg

If you are interested, tutorial and save files are here: http://www.undertow.club/tutorials/2940-modio-save-game-tutorial.html

I used the first save file in the set: "1: R. Hinomoto's : Champion/Costume. Win Championship fight, All Singles Champion unlock plus Singles Champion Complete unlocks. Then go to the Shop, Enter the Swimsuit section and buy the last costume. R. Hinomoto's Costume Complete unlocks."

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
hah, I'm glad I posted about Modio in the DOA4 thread. Glad everyone can get some use out of it.

I unlocked the robots myself a long time ago, I have no idea how I did it. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.