Rise of the Tomb Raider (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
A Tomb Raider sequel for next-gen is "well into development" as part of its re-commitment to triple-A development, according to Square Enix .

A sequel to the game was hinted at during Comic-Con by the Tomb Raider comics series writer Gail Simone, who said the comics would bridge the gap between the last game and its sequel.

The news was posted by Square Enix's CEO of Europe and North America, Phil Rogers, in an open letter on the firm's blog, discussing the firm's commitment to development.

"I am also excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel - something you may have heard about recently," he wrote.

"In the future, we'll offer gamers more choice, support more platforms and try new things - but we will make sure that whatever the platform, we'll always keep our focus on raising the quality bar. We feel that is what gamers should expect from a Square Enix game."

Rogers goes on to say he has spent the last few months "building a senior team in the Americas and Europe," to support the firm's new and evolving strategy.

The firm intends to share a fuller title release plan soon on games ranging from "next-gen blockbusters to new cutting-edge tablet and mobile games, to live and online PC games ."

Source : Tomb Raider sequel for next-gen is ?well into development? | VG247

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 31

Can't wait. Lara is gonna look so real and sexy. Lets hope they double the amount of damage animations

Rag40

Swell Supporter
The new TR was a big let down for me (ryona wise) and it was mainly the voice acting that bothered me. Camilla (the actress) didn't utter a single choke/gurgle even though she endures the following: Arrow to throat, wolf tears out throat, machete to throat, 8 foot pole through throat, throat slit while hanging upside down, throat crushed by the handle of her own climbing axe...

Audio is really important to me, so if things don't sound right, it can kind of ruin the whole thing. Add that to the fact that there was really only one generic death animation and that the screen turns black/white upon death and it was a big disappointment for me. I was so hyped, too, lol.

So, I'm hoping for some better direction for the actress during audio sessions and some more varied animations for normal deaths. MP could be amazing if they draw inspiration from The Last of Us MP. Imagine seeing Lara suffer some of those crazy execution animations from TLoU? That would be nuts. Oh, and they should also improve their ragdoll physics to match TLoU as well.

Anyway, still looking forward to whatever they got coming, just with a bit less expectations regarding the ryona aspect of the game. Take care.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
can't say i'm excited. the newest one didn't exactly have a lot of what's expected in a tomb raider game, and i don't see this changing with the modern game audience.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I also think that the new game won't change much from the last game in terms of animations and deaths and the enemies will still be humans that carry guns because the combat system is heavily built on the cover system , there might be some small additions to the gameplay and a new story but other than that it will be much more like Tomb Raider 1 and that thing is very common is sequals that gets released in short times (AC , Uncharted , Batman Arkham ...etc) , even in Graphics there won't be much improvements as the PS4/XB1 version will simply be like the PC version of TR1 which already was early next generation quality while the PC version of the new game may get additional features that makes it the superior version but there won't be a huge step forward from TR

I hope they prove that i am wrong in terms of animations , deaths and enemies , Bring the monsters and creatures back please

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
hm i would guess that maybe Temple of Osiris is some kind of side-game, like Guardian of Light. maybe for mobile or something.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like with Tomb Raider Square will do the following Cycle : One Year Lara Croft , One Year Tomb Raider , One or Two years Off

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Rise of The Tomb Raider has been confirmed as a sequel during Xbox One's E3 press conference with a pre rendered trailer.

[video=youtube_share;zfl4E_BHQnk]http://youtu.be/zfl4E_BHQnk[/video]
Sequel to Critically Acclaimed and Top Selling Action-Adventure Coming Holiday 2015

REDWOOD CITY, CA (June, 9 2014) – Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider® series, Rise of the Tomb Raider ® . The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft® was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is a followup to the downloadable Tomb Raider title, Guardian of Light.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
From this Concept art it is confirmed that there will be a fight with a bear

7cb4ah4l.jpg

I hope that there is monsters and creatures in this game but I am afraid that the bear is the best we can get in this game just like what the wolf was in the previous game

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Really hoping they give her back her confidence and the character's trademark attitude/sass in this installment. The last game I spent the entire game worrying about helping her timid, cowardly ass get to the end alive. There's no ryona for me unless there's the downfall of an overconfident/skilled warrior/fighter, so please, let's just get her in the hotpants and give her the pistols so I can get back to enjoying her screams and moans instead of feeling bad.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
Really hoping they give her back her confidence and the character's trademark attitude/sass in this installment. The last game I spent the entire game worrying about helping her timid, cowardly ass get to the end alive. There's no ryona for me unless there's the downfall of an overconfident/skilled warrior/fighter, so please, let's just get her in the hotpants and give her the pistols so I can get back to enjoying her screams and moans instead of feeling bad.
i agree!

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster

I think Crystal Dynamics answer would be like that : " If you want the old overconfident badass lara with the short shorts go play the Lara Croft series , the lara in the reboot is different from your childhood lara croft "

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Here is another photo of Lara against the bear that was shown before in the previous art but the bear looks way bigger and larger than the concept art so it will be interesting if they will finally add supernatural creatures in the game

10425515_10152702384686158_3913140552102478206_n.jpg

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Oh, I...I actually loved the reboot. ^_^;
I never, like...CARED...about Tomb Raider before?

And then that game turned out a lot better than I expected. It's the only TR game I cared about, and I actually liked Lara in it, though she basically went a LIL' bit crazy by the end and became a murdering psycho. Haha. :P Then again, hm, maybe that's cool in a way. I dunno.

Guess I didn't care about ryona in TR though, I just, uh...enjoyed it as a game. Won't be able to play the sequel, tho, 'cuuuuuz it's only on XBone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.