Revolution in SDT request: Pairing with Fleshlight V-Stroker (1 Viewer)

harumoni

Potential Patron
Hi guys. I recently purchased a v stroker, and noticed how the motion is paired with a .swf file. It only seems too practical to swap the input for v stroker with the mouse input, and pair v stroker to SDT. This would completely revolutionize the game, which is by far the best interactive sex game that is currently out. (I.e. Fleshlight down = mouse right, Fleshlight up =mouse left). Essentially you would force the model's head down using the Fleshlight, talk about interactive!

Supposedly we could begin by deconstructing the .swf of the v stroker videos, to figure out what how we could use v stroker as mouse in SDT.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello H harumoni . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

I recently purchased a v stroker, and noticed how the motion is paired with a .swf file.
You're not the first person to propose this idea, but you've laid out your proposal much more clearly than the first guy did.

Ideally we would want to capture the input data directly using AS3 code. If that's infeasible then we could attempt to create a companion application using a more powerful language (e.g. c++ application detects Vstroker input, c++ application writes to text file, SDT mod reads from text file). The latter approach is limited by the fact that the modder would need to buy the hardware in order to have any hope of success with the project.

The first step would be to analyze an existing SWF file and figure out how it works. When the first Vstroker thread was posted, I wasn't able to find any such files available for public download. I assume that you have some of those files on your PC, so could you please review the accompanying legal/copyright information?

My main concern is that any content associated with the Vstroker will have embedded monetization/DRM mechanisms. Reverse-engineering those files may therefore prove to be difficult, or illegal, or both. There's some open-source stuff available on the Metafetish site, but they mention only Fleshlight Launch; I can't find any information about the Vstroker. I'll email the guy to confirm.

This is a somewhat unusual request, in that the person who creates the mod probably won't be able to use it (or even test it to verify that it works). Most Undertow members will derive no benefit from it, because they don't own the necessary hardware. I'm willing to help out (because it's an interesting project, and because there's a natural "affinity" between SDT and this product) but there's a significant likelihood that the project will fizzle out and produce nothing useful. If it also requires us to defeat a bunch of DRM mechanisms and dodge lawsuits from Fleshlight then it's simply not worth doing.

If you can find any interactive SWF files which aren't copyright-protected then we could take a look at them. But we'll probably find that they've been obfuscated.

Alternatively, you could contact Fleshlight directly, explain your idea, and appeal for assistance. They might be willing to share API information if they believe that it would result in additional hardware sales. Their website lists a few game-integration projects, but I can't tell whether any of them are actually complete. If they're eager to deliver new content to their members then they might be willing to cooperate. But this would be a departure from their usual subscription-based stuff, and so they might prefer to stick with their existing videos and in-house game development projects.

we could use v stroker as mouse in SDT.
Why stop there? And after we complete this project, we can move onto the next one: use VStroker as a Morse code signalling device and capture the output into a word processor application. :grin:

Activate the transcription function and unzip your pants whenever you need a source of entropy to generate new cryptographic keys.

Send your sweetheart a romantic poem. "It took me two hours to write this thing, and I was thinking of you the whole time."

If your boss walks into your office and finds you masturbating, then you can tell him that you're hard at work on the quarterly report.

harumoni

Potential Patron
What files would you need to examine to begin this project? Any idea to where could I locate them on my PC? You're absolutely right about the "natural affinity" between SDT and V-Stroker... as a project I almost seems destined that the Undertow community makes this work out, one way or another.

stuntcock

Content Creator
What files would you need to examine to begin this project? Any idea to where could I locate them on my PC?
SWF files.

If the Vstroker interactive videos play in a browser window, then you should be able to read the address bar to find out where the files are located. If you're running a desktop application, then you could use something like Process Explorer to determine which files it's accessing.

You could also just explore any obvious filepaths, such as "C:\Program Files\Fleshlight\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstroker".

But please check carefully for EULA or legal information before you proceed. The terms of your subscription may forbid you from re-uploading those files. And don't forget the website rules. You're allowed to discuss copyrighted material and share download links in your forum posts, but please remember that you must not directly upload a copyright file onto the Undertow fileserver (i.e. as an attachment).

I would also encourage you to contact Fleshlight support. I can't find any open-source development related to this product, so it's possible that the driver software (and/or the data stream) is heavily obfuscated. I'd much rather proceed with support and encouragement from Fleshlight, instead of struggling halfway through and then getting slapped with a cease-and-desist notice.

harumoni

Potential Patron

Attachments

• 1500397981508.jpg
    1500397981508.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 166

stuntcock

Content Creator
So it seems there's a "main" .swf file, which is opened and read with an "application" file.
Thank you for finding those public files; it simplifies things greatly.

It turns out that the code wasn't obfuscated, and the driver file is included within the video package. So we're able to examine it without much trouble. The data structure can be easily ascertained via decompilation, so there's no need to ask Fleshlight for API information. Here's the crucial bit:

Code:
         var bytes:ByteArray = new ByteArray();
         this.process.standardOutput.readBytes(bytes,0);
         bytes.endian = Endian.LITTLE_ENDIAN;
         this.currentPt.y = bytes.readShort();

Unfortunately, it's using NativeProcess calls in order to pull stdout data from the Vstroker driver. Flash applications (such as SDT) are not allowed to do that. If it was allowed, then it would be very easy for a Flash advertisement (in your web browser) to snoop on your PC and steal private information.

To solve the problem properly, we'd need to repackage the game (or at least the Loader) as a desktop-based AIR application. You'd need to ask @ModGuy about that; I don't know whether it's feasible.

Assuming that it's not ... we could write a small application (possibly using AIR like the Vstroker interactive videos, but more probably using c# or another general-purpose language) which snoops on Vstroker and writes the information to a text file. Then we'd write a small SDT mod which polls the text file, and translates the position onto the game's tween. This translation would need to be configurable. The Vstroker might consider "full depth" to be a value of 50, or it might be 1000. There's no way to predict it (without API documentation) so we'd just publish it with placeholders and let the Vstroker owners adjust the numbers until they make sense.

We'd be proceeding "blind", of course. We'd need to develop and release the thing without properly testing it. There might be some kind of signing/permissions issue which prevents our app from accessing vsdriver.exe. Remote debugging of an issue like that one would be slow and unpleasant for everyone involved. The text-file workaround would add some input latency, of course (wild-ass guess: 200-300ms). And it would be somewhat cumbersome to use (because you'd need to manually launch the companion program before starting SDT).

And here's the important bit: you'd be running an application written by some pseudonymous jackass on the Internet. It might do what it's supposed to, or it might install a bunch of viruses and then steal your banking info. SDT mods usually don't necessitate trust (because they can't do any real harm to your PC), but this thing would put you at risk. If you're not comfortable with that then please say so ASAP and we'll drop the whole idea.

I can't commit to this project at the moment. I find the "blind modding" thing to be irritating, and there's a pile of other modding work which has priority anyways. If someone else would like to tackle the project (or suggest a better approach) then please go ahead. If nobody has volunteered in the next few weeks then please poke me and I'll take another look.

harumoni

Potential Patron
I'll wait for Modguy or anyone else with more extensive programming knowledge for their input. Is Konashion still around? Perhaps he or another content creator would be able to repackage the game in a desktop-based AIR application.

I'll be willing to tinker with "full depth" values or any other end-user adjustments to help out in this process. Really hoping we can chunk this project down, given that the API information was so easily ascertained (that was one of the biggest potential headaches in this process).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.