Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (1 Viewer)

gfan84

Potential Patron
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. This game coming out is a new take on the resident evil story, as now you play as umbrella operatives those objective is to fight your way through all of the various zombies, and BOWs to find the survivors such as Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine and eliminate them. As of this writing I have just found out from my gaming magazine that a total of three female characters with be in the game, it looks like they can be playable. This Resident Evil will be different in gameplay for a couple of reasons first it is a four squad member team similar to Left 4 Dead. You can also finally walk and shoot, it seems to be a similar gaming engine to Resident Evil 5 with a third-person over the shoulder view of the action. Hopefully this will be a solid game, that can be both entertaining and suit our Special Interest!

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
i can't wait for it :)
probably going to only play as Four Eyes... all the time hahaha (she looks the best in my opinion)
i hope there is unlockable characters too like, play as Leon/claire/jill etc
now i just need some money... hahaha

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I'm with you on four eyes. she's the only one who shows a bit of her face. Though I am not big on this. It feels like RE is becoming less and less horror survival and more like 3rd person doom :/

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Can't say I feel too keen about this game. Early impressions don't look all that impressive despite it being part of the RE franchise. I loved RE 4, it was a fantastic game and a massive step in a good direction. RE 5 seemed a bit like a step back though, even in Ryona sense as it was much more mild with its only saving grace being it was a two player. The highlight of this game seems to be the sole fact that you play the bad guys, nothing greatly new seems to be there if you've played Gears of War and what not, plus I don't think Four eyes is playable which is a sad story. Development on this game seems to be playing it on the safe side rather then branching out from other games.

Let's hope the Ryona factor for this game is good. Would like to see a waist constriction peril in there somewhere for one of the ladies but I'm certainly not holding my breathe looking at the gameplay I've seen so far. I've only bought a game once for Ryona and was let down and don't intend to make the same mistake again.

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
here is FourEyes gameplay
PS where is the biting of the zombies... i saw in another video of "1 bite".....but thats all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
A lot of female cast. Multiplayer ryona may be interesting.

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
only a couple more months!!

can't wait for Revelations at the beginning of February. that's going to have some good Ryona

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, they weren't Silent Hill or Thief, but but early RE games had nice atmosphere sometimes and were even able to occasionally scare you.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
RE's scares where mainly in the fact that you had to conserve ammo health and you didn't know(first playthrough) what was around the corner. It wasn't that the monsters where scary it was about survival and that these creatures where a threat to you. Silent Hill had that but also had some of the freakiest imagery (in 2 and 3)

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
RE's scares where mainly in the fact that you had to conserve ammo health and you didn't know(first playthrough) what was around the corner. It wasn't that the monsters where scary it was about survival and that these creatures where a threat to you.

You pretty much nailed it.

Silent Hill had that but also had some of the freakiest imagery (in 2 and 3)

I'm curious why you didn't mention Silent Hill 1 here.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
replaying one again I didn't find it scary. It had some atmosphere but only in the other world. I did like the last other world transition though. That and maybe it was just my skill level even at the time I seemed to always have lots of ammo. Then again to be fair I played Silent Hill 1 after having played Resident Evil 1 and 2 so some of what i learned in terms of basic combat may have helped. This is just my experiance with the game mind you :P

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I don't think RE is horror game anymore after 1. :P
You know what your enemies are with a files in the game. You also get more about their information in the later game. Your characters are more ready to face them too.
After I stopped thinking "RE should be a survial-horror game" and accept its direction as "fighting an organization that want to bring doom to the world with bio weapons", I quite enjoy its story and action.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Q4 2011 goes quite long...

Update about the release: 23 March 2012

... all interesting games are delayed...

P

PhoDacBiet

i can't wait for it :)
probably going to only play as Four Eyes... all the time hahaha (she looks the best in my opinion)
i hope there is unlockable characters too like, play as Leon/claire/jill etc
now i just need some money... hahaha

Haha likewise - Four Eyes is going to be my character as well. If you guys have seen the Triple Impact trailer for this game, it shows that the US Spec Ops faction also has female soldiers. Hoping this will be the case in the actual RE game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.