Resident Evil 6 modding guide by Maliwei777 (1 Viewer)

xellos49698

Content Creator
3dsmax2011 can modify the model and replace function is relatively simple, and basically be able to modify. Supported model I did not add too much, such as the effects of the model, the model of the enemy, the model of the scene firearms model, which may import but export I have not tried.

Preparation: 3dsmax2011 need to install the XNA GS the 3.1 max script to call this Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll library, or else can not export, install xna gs 3.1 may want to install c # 2010. Do not forget to modify script "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ microsoft shared \ XNA \ DeployableRuntimes \ Zune \ 3.1.10527.0 \ Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll "path
Step
1) solution package to modify the texture, these students are doing business 6 mod understand it. Skip ~

2) run the script, script import model.

3) in max, you can see the model classification LOD1 LOD2 LOD3 LOD252 LOD255 OtherMesh. Scene bounding box round these do not delete it. Once imported, you will see that the characters are lying, I did not establish the model, feeling no need to.

4) Click on the model, you will see the name of the model, which is the basic information Do not modify it. Skin, you will see the weight after import specified amount of bone (Bone Effect Limit) do not modify it.

5) ready to model after. Here to pay attention to a few points.
1: The number of vertices of the model and UV vertices must be the same, it can export the model in 3ds format import models based uv slice model cut
2: Material I did not study, because a lot of the original part of the model, the material is good enough. The model material is not changed after the replacement, and the material of the original model.
3: Do not go replacing hand, those hands Morph with

6) model is aligned to the original model, and after must Reset xForm the. Skin warp LOD 1 original model, this can quickly skin, then according to the model you want to replace, modify weights bone quantity (Bone Effect Limit) model as much as you want to replace. Are generally a few shoes 2.

7) Since the model is cut, you can use Edit Normal vertex normals form a smooth effect, Edit Normal reserved not to collapse it. Can also use the Edit Normal. Reset xForm before skin warp must look Otherwise, the normal export problem, the model you want to to the world coordinates, this and max crawl normals.

8) At this time, your model should have skin and Edit Normal. Your model was renamed to the name of the model you want to replace. Other models do not need to show you can delete the surface, leaving only a surface, and then put the weight on a bone, scaled to 0 then the model put far. To reach the hidden effect.

9) Choose your model need to hide it (can be multiple choice) and modified model, script export ExportToMod, select the original mod file, the script will modify the operation (the original mod files will not be modified), get a new file of Newmod, this file is from the newly created mod files.

10) new mod files generated, renamed after replacement solution package out, then pack it.

Hopefully, this will help out people interested in modding Resident Evil 6.

Here is a link to the original topic: [

C

ciiidtux

Thanks i'm going to try my hands at it. Some parts are kinda cryptic but still it's very helpful !

silentace

Potential Patron
Thank you for the tutorial. >10 years ago I leaned TrueSpace 3 (I think this software has been discontinued, correct me if I am wrong) and I found it bloody difficult to build or re-build 3D models. Guess using 3dmax won't be easy for me. I think I know how much time you Modders need to spend before publishing a mod for us. Thanks again!

brazybear

Potential Patron
Thanks for this, but is there any tutorial out there that explains the basics of RE6 model swapping? Like for example, replacing Sherry's default or alt costume in Mercenaries with the Monitor costume from the campaign? I know it involves some hex editing of the mrl files but I'm not sure exactly which ones or what to edit.

Vergil

Content Creator
I did read this translation, but some parts are unclear.
Kargrinn I cannot download that script. It says "Unknown Paste ID!"

Kargrinn

Potential Patron
And news: Revelations (at least the demo) is using the same file system of RE6, and theres even a nude mod released!

nudeseeker

Casual Client
Can someone upload all these requires script? I know the 3dmax2011 is a big files we can find it somewhere. I just wanna edit Maliwei777's nude body for resident evil 6 as learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.