1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting a Scorpion Tail.

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by AScorpionGuy, Nov 14, 2015.

1. AScorpionGuy

AScorpionGuy Potential Patron

I request a scorpion tail mod. Here is a reference picture.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Do you remember what happened the last time you made this request?

You ignored the rules and provided no reference images. Therefore your request was not fulfilled.

If you do the exact same thing a second time, you're going to see the same results.

3. AScorpionGuy

I don't see why there would be a need to have a reference image for my request.

4. stuntcock

Good point. It's not as if the rules require you to provide reference images for your requests. Also, modders are mind readers who always know exactly what you want. But in this case they won't even need to use their psychic powers, because the phrase "scorpion tail" is completely descriptive and unambiguous. After all, it isn't possible for the concept to include various renditions, ranging from somewhat realistic to bulbous and stylized to cutesy sci-fi depictions. And of course, modders simply love searching for side-view reference images when the original dude is too lazy to do so on his own behalf.

As a demonstration of these principles, I've attached a working scorpion-tail SWF to this post.

Attached Files:

tmb likes this.
  5. AScorpionGuy

Oh sorry. I assumed they would know that I wanted the first tail. Here's a reference of a IRL scorpion tail. Also, you don't have to be so rude about it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  6. Faceless

Faceless Club Regular Content Creator

If you don't want to get snarked at, then read and follow the rules. We have them for a reason.

7. stuntcock

And I assumed that you would actually look at the reference shot guide. I suppose that we both made faulty assumptions.

Photographs are poor references for SDT mods. They exhibit a very high level of visual detail (which takes too much time to duplicate in Flash) and they show reflection patterns which we can't match. Even if we did manage to faithfully recreate your photograph in Flash, it would look completely out-of-place. It wouldn't fit in with the visual style of the game. The end result wouldn't be cute or sexy or even scary ... it would just be silly.

We can do better.
    • give us an anime-style image which shows a scorpion tail
      • it could be a screenshot from an actual anime, or a still image from a monstergirl RPG game, or a hentai image that you found on 4chan, or whatever.
      • here's a very bad example: link. It's a side view, but the tail root is concealed by clothing. The basic shape is too simple, the colors are completely flat, and there's no shading. It wouldn't fit in with SDT art style.
      • here's a better example: link. We have a clean side view which shows almost the entire tail, and there's some shading. The T-shaped reflection patterns are a bit weird, though. The stinger tip is curved backwards, presumably to make the character look less threatening ... which might be the opposite of what you're looking for.
      • here's a better example: link. The tail is partially occulted by the girl's body, and the reflection patterns indicate a light source above the tail. If we rotated the tail to fit onto a kneeling girl, then the light would seem to be reflecting from the wrong direction. Also - the shape of the tail is more realistic and its shading is more complex, so this particular tail would demand more time and effort in Flash.
    • the image must show a side view, or an oblique view which is very close to a side view
    • the image should show the tail in proportion to the character
      • this criterion shouldn't require any special effort; most images will show proportions. The key idea here is "please don't crop your images" because the context is useful for modders. Even if the uncropped image shows an explicit sex scene, that's okay. We're on an adult website.
      • if your image doesn't show context, then spend five minutes in MSPaint. Crop your reference image and paste it on top of an SDT screenshot, to show the approximate size of the tail (w/r/t the SDT girl) and its position (e.g. raised above her head, curled at her side, laying flat along the ground behind her, etc).