Request: Valkyrie Drive characters (1 Viewer)

derp130

Potential Patron
I searched to see if it was done already but couldn't find anything. There are some of other characters I would like to request but having trouble finding a good reference to post. Edit: Static Hairstyle type is fine.

Akira "complete"
Kasumi "complete"
Charlotte "requested"
Lady Lady "requested"
Mirei "requested"
Mirei short hair "complete"

Those two chicks from the 1st episode; Miyasato (black hair), Kouzuki (golden-ish hair) "complete"

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello D derp130 . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

Akira
Kasumi
Nice work on these two characters; those are very good reference shots. The side views for the other three girls are okay, but we'll need to see uncropped images in order to do anything with them.

I've edited the tags on this thread to include the full character names of those two girls (for the sake of disambiguation -- the name "akira" on its own is a bit too vague to be a useful tag). If you'd like to tag the remaining girls then please feel free to do so.

Could you please take a look at the Request Rules and describe your requirements in greater detail? For example - are you looking for static or dynamic hairstyles? Should the eyeglasses or sunglasses be included in the hairstyles (or would you prefer to see the character's eyes clearly)? How would you like to deal with the super-long hairstyles (such as Mirei - whose hair would probably clip through the floor)? If you're looking for costume mods then we'll probably need a few more side-view reference images.

derp130

Potential Patron
Sorry, I wasn't detailed enough. For Akira and Kasumi, the static hairstyle is fine; and no glasses for any, there are already some created that look the same within SDT I'm sure.

The ones in the second post have long hair and those seem to go better with a dynamic hairstyle setups. If its too much trouble though don't worry about it. I don't think there that feasible without taking a bit of artistic liberty to trim down on the excessive length anyway.

As far as the outfits, I don't want to bother you guys with all that lol. But if you want to, for Charlotte there's stuff already made to loosely create it. Maybe that corset and/or jacket-like thing could be made though and used in general. I'll try to find or create some references/screenshots for them if I can.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I'll make Akira and Kasumi (with and without glasses) static hair mods (PNG).
I leave the long haired girls to someone else that may make a dynamic hair mod.

For Akira, I'll first make a quick hair mod using directly the reference and you'll tell me if you like it, for Kasumi, I'll need to make a SVG tracing because the reference doesn't have a very good resolution and the result may be really pixelatted.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
D derp130 : Is that is good enought for you?

9Egr1KR.png

D1zmcek.png
Little remarks about this hair mod:
  • The head of this girl is not like the head of SDT girl, so the sizes of face and hair may be different, but I tried to make the best proportions (with bigger hair, as the basic girl has, it would not look good).
  • This is only the bitmap image of the reference, with everything but the hair removed. The advantege is that the colours are exactly like the original (especially the lines that are black/brown/green with gradients), the incovenient is that the result is a little pixellated, but nothing really better can be made with PNG hair mods.
Please tell me if you like it or if you prefer me to make a vector tracing for this girl (it would take me some time and the result may not be really better in fact).
I'll make Kasumi's hair mod in the meantime.

[EDIT] In fact, I could find a reference for Kasumi with the same resolution as Akira, so I made the same thing:

aD2VBKI.png

LAqobJ2.png

Kasumi's head is also quite different as the SDT girl, so I find the result quite strange, but this thing happens most of the time with "80's" big hair cuts. I don't think that anything better can be made, unless this hair is completly redrawn and its proportions changed, but it may take some effort and talent to do it, and the result may not be very good (it is sometimes the case with some girls for who it is very difficult to make a good hair mod for SDT).

Tell me if you like these hair mods, so I can upload them along with their custom datas, or if you want me to try to make vector tracings of these hairs (but I cannot assure that the result will be really better).

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Please tell me if you like it or if you prefer me to make a vector tracing for this girl
Oops. My apologies; that's communication failure on my end. I've already traced half of the Akira design, so I'll go ahead and finish it.

I initially wasn't sure whether to include any animation details. The shapes are amenable, and I have a general idea of how it could move. Unfortunately the linework on this one is fairly intricate (especially the long bands of shadow) which would make the whole project a bit too time-consuming. Instead I'll just create a 2-layer (over ear, under ear) static SWF.

I have no intention of touching the other characters, so anyone is welcome to work on them.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Here they are:

Hiiragi Akira . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Shigure Kasumi

Akira's hair mod and custom data . . . . . . . . . . . . Kasumi's hair mod and custom data
I may redo Kasumi's hair mod (when I'll have some time), because I find it very pixellated when zoomed in, and white pixels on the sides can be seen on a dark background. It is less a problem for Akira's, and the lines seem to be quite hard to reproduce, also, stuncock will make a neat SWF version soon.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I don't know if there's still some interest in this but I tried to find some more references like I said, I don't know if there any good.
These references look good for me (even if I don't do long hair mods).

I will do Mirei and "those two chicks" (but try to find their name to help other people searching).
This time, the making of these hair mods will take longer, because the resolution of the references is not sufficient to use my "15 minutes hair mod technique for lazy/unskilled blokes".

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Thanks for getting the names of the chicks. Strangely, they do not seem to be given names but family names.

By the way, I made Mirei's (short) hair mod:

The colours from the reference didn't seem to be accurate, so I took the same ones as the long hair version.
This one is a "real" hair mod made from a SVG vector tracing, not a PNG reference cutout crap.

[EDIT] changed to version 1.2 (first I forgot a strand at the back, then the ahoge that was not visible on the ref).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.