[request] R63/Female Spike(MLP) Hair (1 Viewer)

LigerHorse

Potential Patron
I was hoping that someone could make a Hair for R63 Spike from MLP:FiM. It would be great if the Hair could also cover the nose and upper-lip with a snout of sorts. The first reference pic shows the sort of snout/nose that I'm talking about. The rest of the reference pics show the hair/frill/spine-style that I want the hair to have. Also, a quick note for those looking to fulfill this request, it would be best if the hair looked like the head-spines/spikes from the first pic have been twisted/bent into the hairstyle shown in the rest of the pics.

Reference Pics;(just a forewarning, several of these are NSFW)
Oh! One last thing, make sure the ear-fins(which are the lighter green colored parts that look like three long ovals that extend from the same spot) cover the actual ears. Otherwise it will look a bit weird. Anyway, that's all I have to say. I hope everyone who reads this has a great day!(whether you plan to fulfill the request or not)

stuntcock

Content Creator
LigerHorse said:
It would be great if the Hair could also cover the nose and upper-lip with a snout of sorts.
There are two ways to do this. We could add a purple-colored snout element on a HAIR layer, or we could create a skin-toned snout as a body-mod. The latter would inherit the skin HSL sliders, so it would allow some tweaking of the "degree of purpleness" without immediately creating a seam between the face and snout.

Let me know if you have a preference, or if you can think of any use-cases which might influence the decision (e.g. "I need to be able to prod the penis into the snout without seeing any clipping effects! This is very important!" or "It must be possible for flames to emerge from the snout-nostrils!" or whatever)

Either way, we need a charcode showing the basic parameters (skin tone, skin HSL, tan, blush, cosmetics, etc). This does not need to be original -- you can copy/paste an existing charcode -- but it must be definitive. If you adjust the charcode two weeks from now, there's no guarantee that I'll update the mod to reflect your changes.

We can use the charcode to test the initial/WIP versions of the mod and ensure that the snout blends in properly. If there are any complications (e.g. snout doesn't blush so it always looks out of place when the girl is blushing) then we can spot them early and consider workarounds.

Also, a quick note for those looking to fulfill this request, it would be best if the hair looked like the head-spines/spikes from the first pic have been twisted/bent into the hairstyle shown in the rest of the pics.
This is tricky. I could easily trace the first set of spines and bend them approximately into the second shape, but there are challenges:
  • the position and orientation of the spine differs significantly. The highlight and shadow patterns would appear inappropriate (highlights are wrong w/r/t light source orientation, shadows are wrong w/r/t body proximity). They'd need to be redrawn by an actual artist - which I'm not.
  • in the secondary images, the spines don't actually originate along the midline of the skull. They seem to form a more "human" hairline, crowding in towards the ear and temple. I don't know how this would work anatomically ... maybe a double row of spines?
  • in the secondary images, some of the spines appear to be curled or folded across the z-axis. We can draw self-crossing hair shapes which custom z-ordering, but I can't actually simulate folding.

Bottom line: the secondary reference images aren't convenient. Their artwork is too simplistic (sketch-y) to be traced, and they present anatomical details which are troublesome. I'd suggest that you find other references for the head-spines. The spines can be stylized to resemble hair, or retain a reptilian appearance, but they need to be drawn at high detail and possess an anatomical arrangement which is visually obvious and physically plausible.

Oh! One last thing, make sure the ear-fins(which are the lighter green colored parts that look like three long ovals that extend from the same spot) cover the actual ears.
It would be much simpler to just replace the regular ears with the new fins. In order to fully cover the ears, the fins would need to be unreasonably large.

If we're not worried about covering ears, then we're free to animate the fins. IIRC they sometimes droop on the TV show (to indicate emotion, or for comic effect). We could attempt something similar here -- for example, the fins could slacken suddenly in conjunction with the SHOCK effect (or PASS_OUT), and then spring back up as the character recovers.

The ear fins also bounce during motion. This behavior can easily be simulated as a physics effect -- I've done it previously with elf-ears.

However ... it seems a bit silly to put a great deal of simulation work into "three green ovals." Is there any chance that you could find higher-detail reference artwork for the ear-fins?

LigerHorse

Potential Patron
stuntcock said:
There are two ways to do this. We could add a purple-colored snout element on a HAIR layer, or we could create a skin-toned snout as a body-mod. The latter would inherit the skin HSL sliders, so it would allow some tweaking of the "degree of purpleness" without immediately creating a seam between the face and snout.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought if it like that. It might be better to go the body mod route if only because the snout could then be used for other characters. Honestly I don't care so long as the nose/snout is rendered on top of the Male character's torso.

Either way, we need a charcode showing the basic parameters (skin tone, skin HSL, tan, blush, cosmetics, etc).

Here's a skin code for you;
iris:cat,0,139,0,1;breasts:70;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:112,255,0,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:255,0,143,0.741;mascara:0,0,0,0,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:normal,89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:90,3,0.9,1;herTan:none,0

the spines don't actually originate along the midline of the skull. They seem to form a more "human" hairline, crowding in towards the ear and temple. I don't know how this would work anatomically ... maybe a double row of spines?
in the secondary images, some of the spines appear to be curled or folded across the z-axis. We can draw self-crossing hair shapes which custom z-ordering, but I can't actually simulate folding.
I didn't explain it too well in my original post, sorry. To answer your question I was think more along the line of a single row of spikes. Most of the spikes(with the exception of the front-most spike) are folded to the right side of her head(HER right, the side of the hair that faces the camera by default), while the front-most spike is folded to the left side. I will edit a picture to give everyone who reads this a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Bottom line: the secondary reference images aren't convenient. Their artwork is too simplistic (sketch-y) to be traced, and they present anatomical details which are troublesome. I'd suggest that you find other references for the head-spines. The spines can be stylized to resemble hair, or retain a reptilian appearance, but they need to be drawn at high detail and possess an anatomical arrangement which is visually obvious and physically plausible.
I will try to find some better reference images and edit some pics to give a better idea what I'm asking for.

It would be much simpler to just replace the regular ears with the new fins. In order to fully cover the ears, the fins would need to be unreasonably large...
The ear fins also bounce during motion. This behavior can easily be simulated as a physics effect -- I've done it previously with elf-ears.
So that can be done if the ears are replaced? That definitely sounds great, but how easy would it be to pull off?

However ... it seems a bit silly to put a great deal of simulation work into "three green ovals." Is there any chance that you could find higher-detail reference artwork for the ear-fins?
I will look for some better reference pics. Once I have found some I will post another reply with the pics, edits and additional information. Thanks for telling me what I need to do and giving me some options to think about.

(also, I don't know if you saw it or not but I replied to your post on my Male Replacer request. If you have the time please look it over and tell me if I need to provide more information)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.