Request for SDT -overwatch character and dialog

N

Necro

I would really enjoy a dialouge about Overwatch, more specifficly about Widowmaker before she got turned, and then in the game you have to break her down. I myself have no idea how SDT works, or else i would gladly do it myself, if anyone got some free time maybe give it a try? i would appreciate it

stuntcock

Staff member
Hello @Necro. Welcome to the Undertow forum.

I would really enjoy a dialouge about Overwatch, more specifficly about Widowmaker before she got turned, and then in the game you have to break her down.
You should describe this idea in greater detail. How would the player break her down? What would be the result (e.g. infatuated with HIM, brainwashed to become evil, sex-addicted, bimbofied)? Can the mod employ Loader features, or does it need to be vanilla-compatible?

Please note that Request threads usually include a very accurate reference image. The point of a request is that you don't care who does the work, so long as the finished product resembles the image that you've provided. Since you're asking for a dialogue, there's a lot more uncertainty and room for creative interpretation. You can resolve this uncertainty by describing the scenario in greater detail (e.g. list the character involved, describe the setting, discuss the moods or attitudes, explain the progression of the scene, etc).

If you ask for something vague then the outcome might not match your expectations (e.g. it ends with a gangbang, or it ends with Widowmaker getting pregnant, or maybe Widowmaker's entire side of the dialogue is spoken in French, or the author uses a futanari version of Tracer for the "HIM" role in the story). If you want to keep the request vague then you should really find an author whose work you enjoy, talk to them about their work and offer some feedback, and finally ask whether they might be willing to work on your idea. There's still uncertainty, but at last you have a few examples of the author's previous work which shows that they share your interests. And the author will be more receptive to your idea if you approach them directly.

Pitching a vague idea to the entire modding community isn't very effective; open-ended dialogue requests tend to be ignored (example).

I myself have no idea how SDT works, or else i would gladly do it myself
Please don't say that. There are tutorials and guides available. There are veteran modders who can review your work and correct your mistakes. There are tools available to detect errors or omissions. There are existing dialogues (and even entire training-focused modpacks) which you could study and imitate. You ought to be able to write at least a basic dialogue file within the game window itself, simply by opening the Dialogue Editor and replacing the default lines.

Learning all of that stuff would take time. If you don't want to commit time to this project then that's fine. But if you're not willing to learn, then it's insincere to say that "I would gladly do it myself."

If you need help then it's okay to ask for it. You can create a new thread, present your idea (or a WIP text file), and ask for advice or links to resources. This approach is much better than just asking someone else to do all of the work for you. If you're able to write the dialogue lines (in plaintext format) then you might find someone who's willing to assist with the markup and scripting. Hence, you might be able to see this request fulfilled without learning all of the SDT technical stuff.

Top Bottom