Request for a couple mods to work with DA (1 Viewer)

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
I've noticed that Superbreast, Superbelly and BreastSculpt don't work with DA. You can load the character data from the mods manually, but not within dialogues.

Specifically I'm trying to get The Count's breast mods to work with my dialogue to give a bit more variety. Unfortunately most of them are kind of unfinished, as in they don't fit with the game's clothing system. With BreastSculpt you can sort of fix that, but you have to do it manually. I'd like to be able to do it via dialogue.

Is there a chance someone (probably between Sby, Pim, stuntcock)can fix that? And if not, is anyone willing to go over The Count's old mods and update them? The second solution's probably more work but it would also probably add more to the game for more people.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Fleack said:
I've noticed that Superbreast, Superbelly and BreastSculpt don't work with DA. You can load the character data from the mods manually, but not within dialogues.

With BreastSculpt you can sort of fix that, but you have to do it manually. I'd like to be able to do it via dialogue.
I've lurked a few of these threads, and there are often problems because the generalist AS modders don't work very closely with dialogues. They deliver a "fix", but it turns out that they've only solved half of the problem (and they've introduced six new bugs while doing so).

So, I'd suggest the following:
  • upload a dialog file which includes an "attempted loading" step (or a placeholder)
    • remove most of the actual "content" text from the file, so that the dialog file can be tested with short iteration times
  • share a set of charcodes so that modders can compare the results of manually loading these charcodes against the dialog-script-loaded results
  • establish the preconditions and postconditions
    • e.g. the character should be in <x> position, wearing <y> clothing, with <z> mood
    • e.g. afterwards, the character's position, hair, mood, etc... should be unchanged. Her breasts should be compressed 50% and rotated 12º clockwise.

Also - charcode loading tends to trigger "reset" logic, such as bodyContact depth checking, changes in resistance or vigor, semen strands on the breasts becoming unstuck, etc. If you want the loading process to skip/suppress this logic, then please say so.

is anyone willing to go over The Count's old mods and update them? The second solution's probably more work but it would also probably add more to the game for more people.

"Upgrading" those breast mods to make them compatible with the clothing system is unlikely. We could apply a matrix multiplication (via lProxy) to forcibly stretch and skew any "normal" clothing which appears in the breast layers. The clothing shapes would then fit approximately onto the shapes of TheCount's breasts, but the results would look lousy. Their animation patterns would tend to be unconvincing or silly, and the breast skin would sometimes poke out around the edges (due to inexact fitting).

TheCount's mods alter the concavity of the breast outline in many places. We cannot compensate for a concavity change with an affine transformation. ActionScript will allow us to perform non-affine transformations, but the work quickly becomes tricky. I wouldn't even attempt it unless there was a significant demand. If successful, the hypothetical mod would merely shift the fitting from "F-grade" to "C-grade". We can't achieve attractive body-hugging fits through math alone.

The SDT physics system doesn't offer any easy answers. If a garment has been extensively "rigged" to bodyparts (including the outline of the breast), then it can be quickly re-rigged to fit a different set of breasts. However, most costume mods are traced onto the standard template (with no rigging whatsoever). They would need to be re-drawn onto an alternate breast template, or converted into physics-rigged clothing mods. Both options would involve a significant amount of manual work to support each [costume+breast] combination. This work is rendered even more difficult by the fact that most SDT modders do not share their FLA project files -- we'd need to extract assets from SWFs. A complete multi-breast wardrobe is unthinkable.

If you can identify one particular set of breasts and 1-2 costume mods (e.g. ones which would fit the tone of a popular dialog) then I could look into the feasibility of re-fitting.

Actually, I may have wildly misunderstood your request. If you're asking for someone to update the breast mods themselves (e.g. adding support for skin colors and nipple piercings) then that's pretty straightforward. However, it would involve converting them into Loader mods rather than vanilla imports.

Moderator note: this thread can probably be moved to Loader Requests.

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
I'm not exactly what you want from a test dialogue. I don't know how difficult the implementation is, but testing should be pretty simple.

Here's a test dialogue that literally just loads a charcode that has both superbelly and breastsculpt settings embedded in it.
I'd imagine you'd just load that charcode manually in one SDT loader as a control group and then launch the dialogue in a second SDT loader and implement the changes you want/reload it until it looks identical to the control group.

If it helps, I can add a bunch of other charcodes with different sculpt/belly/breast settings that you can load via buttons.

Attachments

DACompatTest.txt
1.4 KB · Views: 123

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Fleack said:

Specifically I'm trying to get The Count's breast mods to work with my dialogue to give a bit more variety. Unfortunately most of them are kind of unfinished, as in they don't fit with the game's clothing system. With BreastSculpt you can sort of fix that, but you have to do it manually. I'd like to be able to do it via dialogue.

Is there a chance someone (probably between Sby, Pim, stuntcock)can fix that? And if not, is anyone willing to go over The Count's old mods and update them? The second solution's probably more work but it would also probably add more to the game for more people.
this is because DA uses a personal copy of the original charcode loading function, it has been pointed out before (moreclothing body charcode is not parsed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.