1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registration Issues?

Discussion in 'Guest Room' started by detritus, Nov 11, 2015.

1. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Click the spoiler to see a list of e-mail hosts we know we're having issues with.
    Hotmail / Live / Outlook / MSN: E-mails will not reach you (including your spam/junk folder) unless you whitelist.
    Try: whitelisting noreply@undertow.club or the entire @undertow.club domain and request your e-mail to be resent through the site.

Gmail: E-mails from us may intermittently end up in your junk folder depending on the message content. Check your spam/junk folder and whitelist the address if necessary.

AOL: E-mails from us may intermittently end up in your junk folder depending on the message content. Check your spam/junk folder and whitelist the address if necessary.

GMX:
    I suspect there's some greylisting with this host. Add us to your whitelist and ask for any e-mails to be re-sent through the site. If you're still not receiving any e-mails, post below with the answer to my three questions.
    Try: whitelisting noreply@undertow.club or the entire @undertow.club domain and request your e-mail to be resent through the site.

See Whitelist Instructions for some basic instructions on how to whitelist on a few sites. If the information is outdated / unavailable there, check on the support pages for your e-mail provider.

We're trying to use the least annoying captchas and instead employ multiple spammer databases to combat registration of bots and the like.

It is entirely possible your e-mail is on one of these databases if you've ever had your e-mail account compromised by a trojan or malware. We don't manage these lists and if your IP, e-mail, or username are on them it's your responsibility to have them removed from them once you feel your e-mail is no longer compromised. We automatically block registrations based on them and in the interest of minimizing time spent managing spam and false registration, we will not change our policy on this. We suggest using an alternate e-mail address if possible.

Alternatively, you're free to register using an anonymous e-mail service like Mailinator or something similar, however be aware that e-mail services such as watched threads and PM notices will not be readily available to your account.

If you're having issues not receiving your confirmation e-mail, check the list of known e-mail providers rejecting our e-mails and answer me these questions three if you're not on one of those services:
    1. How long have you waited for your confirmation e-mail?
    2. What e-mail provider are you using? Check to make sure they're not in the list of providers above
    3. Have you checked your spam/junk folders?
    4. Did you whitelist noreply@undertow.club through your e-mail provider?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Riptide

Riptide Platform Admin Staff Member Moderator

Let me google that for you
    E-mails will be coming from noreply@undertow.club
    That address does not accept incoming mail so don't send requests for help to it.

Those of you on MSFT owned e-mail services: whitelisting fixes the issue. We repeatedly tested it with new e-mail addresses.

3. Riptide

Riptide Platform Admin Staff Member Moderator

There were a handful of users that got merged based on e-mail addresses used to register. I would suggest trying to login with your e-mail address and see if that works.

4. detritus

I've updated the first post. If you're using Hotmail / Outlook / MSN / Live e-mail addresses, see the above.

Trigon, your e-mail provider is blocking all e-mails from our server. Find me on IRC and I'll help you with your account.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  5. vampirechick

vampirechick Potential Patron

Just a heads up all working my end, for some reason hotmail wasn't saving my settings first time around, had to try it several times before it was successful.

Cheers BadMF

6. Trigon

Trigon Avid Affiliate

Hey detritus, just now, I finally started receiving the password reset emails. The first few email links to reset the password gave me an error (I guess the link expired or something), but just now I was able to request another password reset which was successful.

Thank you to everybody who tried to help. :)

7. la-la

la-la Guest

8. TLSlayer

TLSlayer Potential Patron

No, verification email yet, twenty minutes later. Is Shiny Sports gone?

9. detritus

Yes, the community there had very little activity.

10. TLSlayer

Oh well, most of the forum members ruined it anyway, so many posts of non-nylon pants/suits. A few people would do something right every once in a while.

I stopped posting regularly because I was mistreated and also because I was into actual nylon pants and I was unable to find much. If I were to post content, few would appreciate it. RemixedCat was a bad moderator. I would have been psychologically outspoken, but, I knew I'd only be suspended or even banned.

A question though: Why was I redirected here?

11. detritus

Anything hosted on the old server is setup to redirect here. There was no admin/moderator I could contact about it so now they'll know.

12. TLSlayer

Well, a notification would've been appreciated.

I experienced some weird phenomenon last year, I logged in, but, I ended up in 'clanssd' account. I also couldn't access any other part of the site other than the gallery and I was unable to contact anyone from the strange site I was directed to.

I have a video uploaded at YouTube on my 'NylonFetish' channel, if anybody is interested.

13. Lee

Lee Potential Patron

Hey man , could you help me , Im not recive the email Activacion like forever... 7 days already....please help ( Lee_01@hotmail.com)

14. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Hotmail is mentioned in the first post as one of the mailhosts which will automatically reject the registration message. You must setup a whitelist entry and retry. The details are in detritus' post at the top of the page.

15. elfoxy

elfoxy Potential Patron

Hey, I just made an account but the verify email didn't work, I tried changing the email and now it's stuck.

16. redclaw

redclaw Guest

I am also not receiving the Confirmation email.
    1. I have waited over 12 hours for the confirmation before changing my email and trying again.
    2. Both emails that I used are Apple iCloud emails. first was for @me.com, the second was for @mac.com. The @me.com is an alias for the @mac.com address.
    3. I have check my junk mail on both occasions.

17. Angelguy26

Angelguy26 Potential Patron

Hello. I'm a new fellow member trying to confirm my email, and i use outlook.com.
    I tried the Mailinator, and it doesn't seem send me anything there either. I tried to resend it multipple times, and checking spam folders with yet no luck. Can somebody help me, highly appreciated. :)

18. detritus

Read the first post again.

19. Angelguy26

Angelguy26 Potential Patron

Sry, but im not the best at English, but idk what is wrong. I guess i gotta use a other email website :/

20. fleet

fleet Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Hotmail / Live / Outlook / MSN: E-mails will not reach you (including your spam/junk folder) unless you whitelist.

To whitelist on Outlook, add noreply@undertow.club to your Address Book.