Registration / Confirmation E-mail Issues

detritus

angry angry
Staff member
Administrator
Ryonani Teamster
Rewriting this thread as most of our persistent delivery issues have been sorted out in 2017.

Banned e-mail domains
When I notice a particular e-mail domain refuses to accept mail from our site and doesn't send me a proper error code to debug the issue, I'm just going to add them to the list of domains not allowed for registration. If you use one of these, you'll have to use a different provider or use a Mailinator address.

t-online.de
web.de​

If you're having issues receiving your confirmation e-mail, do the following:
1. Check the SparkPost status page

If the APIs or SMTP Delivery components are not showing as Operational, it might take up to 24 hours for the e-mail to come through. It's really better to just wait than ask for manual approval. By the time you ask a moderator to check the status of your account and they escalate it to me, the e-mail will most likely have shown up in your inbox. I know it sucks, but just be patient.
2. If SparkPost is looking fine, make sure you check your spam/junk folders for an e-mail from [email protected]

This is not a valid e-mail and Undertow staff does not provide support by e-mail. Any mails to that address will go into a black hole.
3. If the mail isn't in your spam/junk folder, whitelist [email protected] and request another confirmation e-mail to be sent.

A link to re-send the confirmation e-mail will be at the top of the page while you're signed into an unconfirmed account.
4. If it's been more than 24 hours after you requested another confirmation e-mail to be sent, double-check you didn't fat finger your e-mail address on accident.

If you're 100% sure you have the right e-mail address and you've waited patiently for 24 hours, then send me a private message.
Why was my registration blocked?

We're trying to use the least annoying captchas and instead employ multiple spammer databases to combat registration of bots and the like.

It is entirely possible your e-mail is on one of these databases if you've ever had your e-mail account compromised by a trojan or malware. We don't manage these lists and if your IP, e-mail, or username are on them it's your responsibility to have them removed from them once you feel your e-mail is no longer compromised. We automatically block registrations based on them and in the interest of minimizing time spent managing spam and false registration, we will not change our policy on this. We suggest using an alternate e-mail address if possible.

Alternatively, you're free to register using an anonymous e-mail service like Mailinator or something similar, however be aware that e-mail services such as watched threads and PM notices will not be readily available to your account.

Last edited:

detritus

angry angry
Staff member
Administrator
Ryonani Teamster
If you've tried to register in the past few days, the e-mails are working again. Use the link at the top of the page to request another confirmation. The ones that failed to send previously won't show up so you have to request a new one.

theDesaster

Potential Patron
dude there is no way i can find "start conversation" buttons so i post here,
trying to get my acc verified 2 days now but no email what so ever is incoming to my mail acc so HELP PLS

Zamuron

Potential Patron
trying to get my acc verified 4 days now but no email. and i trying to send a new verified. but no email is comming
and sorry for my bad english skills. iam not good in english.

fleet

Staff member
trying to get my acc verified 4 days now but no email. and i trying to send a new verified. but no email is comming
and sorry for my bad english skills. iam not good in english.
I'll let detritus detritus know you have not received the confirmation e-mail.

Hildibald

Potential Patron
Hey,
i have the same problem with the confirmation e-mail. There is no Mail comming. I tried to send an new mail, but this wont work either. Please look into it :)

fleet

Staff member
Hey,
i have the same problem with the confirmation e-mail. There is no Mail comming. I tried to send an new mail, but this wont work either. Please look into it :)
I sent a private conversation to detritus detritus to let him know you have not received the confirmation e-mail.

B

Blogging Ninja

I cannot register. it says there has been a server error when I try. I've tried a few times over the last several days and with different Username/Emails just in case something was an issue with those. Help please?

fleet

Staff member
Hello.
Someone else reported the same issue.
Several days ago the site administrator disabled registrations during the update of the board software. I've asked him if he's reactivated registration, but have not yet received an answer.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Top Bottom