Project Abiding Looter (1 Viewer)

Atmey

Potential Patron
Hello everyone, I have been working on this project for a while now, mostly in short interrupted intervals as I have a full time job as well. Basically it is a 2.5D plateformer with optional ryona elements (I'll explain).

My main goal is release release it through steam greenlight, so I plan to have a safe version of the game as the main version, by safe I don't mean Mario Party safe, it would be somewhat as suggestive as Bayonetta (16+), I'll which would be the better option, to make it easy to mod or an explicit version through another channel.

I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't have anything to show, I am relatively content with the back-end system (collision detection, GUI, HUD, some effects, db/xml reading, save/load, damage calculation, equipments, buffs) I have worked on and completed (sans final integration with each other).

Currently I have slightly less visual assets (namely 3d models and animations) to release a demo of the actual theme in game, but I already set a decent story and a theme which I shared with some of my friends and I think it work pretty good.

Update!!

Not much actually, I had to redesign the menu, it looks better now, plus using some lightning effects, slightly subtle.

I am satisfied with the protagonist look so far, I still have to pay some license(s) to able to publish a demo, but the video is legal: :D

[video=youtube_share;Ua0c9BgCe3o]http://youtu.be/Ua0c9BgCe3o[/video]

This demo basically just consists of the gameplay engine/framework, so I present you: Abiding Looter
Web Player
Windows executable

01.png

CONTROLS:
Arrows: move
Z: Jump
X: attack
R: Reset scene (debug purposes, to be removed at a later stage)
Tab: pause/main menu

HUD:
Green: health
Red: Regeneration health (monster hunter style)
Blue: MP
Yellow: Stamina
Pink: stun gauge, you are more susceptible to grabs the lower it is.
Grey: armor durability, 4 stages each with it's own 3d model per custom/armor.

Please leave comments of your thoughts, even the negative ones as it can help me improve, thanks.

Updates:

• (2/1/2014)
    • Windows version available
    • Fixed item select highlight not displaying
  • (11/6/2014)
    • Still playi

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Is it possible to make the game file(s) downloadable and executable with a local version of Unity? I fear having to install a browser addon will stray away many to even test your game.

Atmey

Potential Patron
The final version of the game will not be browser based as it will be resources heavy, this version is less than 2mb in size, I'll try to build a windows .exe sometime soon.

EDIT: It is available now, check first post.

Atmey

Potential Patron
Update!!

Not much actually, I had to redesign the menu, it looks better now, plus using some lightning effects, slightly subtle.

I am satisfied with the protagonist look so far, I still have to pay some license(s) to able to publish a demo, but the video is legal: :D

[video=youtube_share;Ua0c9BgCe3o]http://youtu.be/Ua0c9BgCe3o[/video]

Atmey

Potential Patron
Update, not much, but it is something, and somewhat the smaller details are harder to implement than it looks ;P

[video=youtube_share;dX1-iTeyafM]http://youtu.be/dX1-iTeyafM[/video]

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Maybe it's just me but I think the MC should invest in a bra; her boobies jump all over the place.

Atmey

Potential Patron
Lol, thats the point.
Maybe I reduce the effect later, but it should happen.

I was thinking of making them jump not in sync, I don't know if randomizing values will give this behavior. I should focus on the gameplay rather than adding these extra features. :P

EDIT: if this (NSFW/Male/Jiggling) game made it to steam, I am having hopes than I can get in too, hopefully not just because connections and all.

Atmey

Potential Patron
Small update: replaced the shaders, more cartoony and colorful, but I'll miss the godrays, the result of game shaders 1 (dota2) and neverClip.

Also solved other problems, build size was 290MB, now around 90 (40 compressed), sometimes I hate it when I pay too much attention to these details, but I guess I would hate it more if made a game filled with bugs.

Screenshot

Fm7pI82Oqxex4hcReMy2j8J2OJwxufe3NJQdwDxoN5Nul1Cyz1BV0k37ammIAn1O

Atmey

Potential Patron
I am going away for a while, pretty sure I won't have anytime to work on this for the next 3 months (Starting Saturday).
So I'm just gonna leave this build here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cZsFzJYY!VdF2ZbS8e5QK0bhUk0rhl4Z1L1ma2Eh6BtmB7jo_kKw

You can preview the armor/cloth damage by click < or >

Any ideas/suggestions are most welcome, I am not sure if I should elaborate more on the story, or keep it hidden, I have thought up around 150 abilities/magics and items (didn't code them in yet), I see 2 potentially huge obstacles, designing unique enemy AI for every enemy/enemy type, designing levels and make it work seamlessly with all other things.
After that I will start some cutscene, I want to keep them simple as I find myself skipping many cutscenes as I find them repetitive and predictable, same goes for narrative and NPC's generic line, what I am thinking is something similar to what I say in the few minutes in Mario galaxy, a dialog will popout when you move near the NPC, you don't have to click anything it just goes away after you move away, so you can read stuff while moving.

Then comes the skill tree and equipments, ther are in paper, 3 trees 10 skills for each, around 100 accessory/badge (paper mario/kingdom hearts style), 15 armor and 15 underwear (might not make it to the final build), 6 weapon types 25 total, around 100 enemies with general overview, around 20 with actual numbers, but they need balancing, guess I won't bother to set numbers for the rest yet as they need to be balanced as well.

Anyway this post is a to do list for myself but feel free to ask/pitch in.

EDIT: It looks my "cause" has been postponed, but this is not the topic about that. Any comments about the build is most appreciated.

Atmey

Potential Patron
Just an update, I am back to my regular life, for about a month now, stopped working on this, but plan on picking it up later. Getting back into the mess is harder when I was away for almost a year.

Anyway I am currently working on a mobile game, I think when i have more to show, I'll make a topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.