Prison School Girls (1 Viewer)

isummonbunnys

Vivacious Visitor
This is my third request and I believe I can do this now. I searched for individual characters as well as the series name in english and japanese and cant seem to find any requests for this (which seems weird considering the popularity of this show/manga). Some were very hard to find side views of so some (vice president) have more references than others. Also, I was wondering if there was a rule as to how often we could request something? Also I am okay with static themes since I do not think I would be able to make very good "vector maps" or whatever they are called. If someone could post instructions and the program, I wouldnt mind trying to learn it though.

Chiyo Kurihara
k985mv.jpg

vh6iw9.jpg

Anzu Yokoyama
263kny9.jpg

23hrl1z.jpg

Meiko Shiraki (Vice President)
s2dsu0.png

aac46x.jpg

2hztus8.jpg

mkyb1s.jpg

280qdyf.png

Hannah Midorikawa
33lmbra.png

r0b1g1.png

Mari Kurihara
2q40dhx.jpg

zvo9xy.jpg

Salem50ae

Potential Patron
PrisonSchool_c066_-_p14_Utopia-300x200.png

I am right there with you gentlemen. I too have been in an on and off reading of this manga and i realy appreciate the character design.
I will attempt to fulfill your request with the design of the hairs. I posted recently my Lain hair and it looks very painted and clashes with the game's art style. Ill attempt to use adobe flash instead of Photoshop this time around.
Ill start with Hannah because she is my favorite.

stuntcock

Content Creator
So has anyone started on these yet?
Please read the rules. If you have something to add (such as a traced SVG or an improved reference image) then add it. If you're interested in the Request but don't have anything to add then just hit the Like and Watch buttons. Please refrain from bumping the thread.

This thread includes a usable reference image for Hannah Midorikawa, and a half-usable reference for Meiko Shiraki (angle is good; lighting is too intense). The other images provide context but they aren't traceable.

The manga has apparently been adapted into an anime series, so fans should be able to provide highres side-view screencaps for all of the characters. The art style doesn't seem to match that of SDT -- it's full of gradients and dominated by shadows. So you'd need to specify whether you want the hairstyles to remain faithful to the original character designs, or whether they should be adapted.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
This is a bit awkward : I've started to work on the prison school girls's outfits because I thought someone had already made their hairs :confused:

So here is more reference pic :

JMEDnqM.png

JnYmM9W.png

QsYXkqm.png

nC9ONiL.png
Vy4E83T.png

ug70vQy.png

xWAd0Ni.png

emQsaPr.png

DikgEuY.png

R5V60x1.png
ufli6oB.png

mpVz7V2.png

2CpMrMA.png

yE2HsAF.png

EHn0zM6.png

LT0pqoq.png

zm2jgcC.png
i9z9x7J.png

iOYDsHk.png

7RkL2wh.png

Ca2WJkU.png
qxJnJFp.png

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
This is a bit awkward : I've started to work on the prison school girls's outfits because I thought someone had already made their hairs :confused:
Did you already finished your outfit, or are you planning to finish it?
If the answer is yes, I could try to trace some the short hairs, it would be part of my training on Animate CC (I still don't really like long hairs, as I do not know what to do under the shoulders).
If the answer is no, I'd pass, because I don't find these hairstyles very interresting in fact.

Last edited:

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Did you already finished your outfit, or are you planning to finish it?
If the answer is yes, I could try to trace some the short hairs, it would be part of my training on Animate CC (I still don't really like long hairs, as I do not know what to do under the shoulders).
If the answer is no, I'd pass, because I don't find these hairstyles very interresting in fact.
I planned to make Marie, Hana and Meiko.
I started Mari's outfit and it's mostly finished (I don't like the long sleeves and I find a new reference for the loafer shoes, so maybe I will do a couple of changes). Hana will be easy because this is approximately the same outfit than Mari (Hana's boobs and skirt are slightly smaller and she have a knee pants under her skirt). Meiko is more complicated : she got knee boots instead of loafers, a significantly smaller skirt and an outrageous cleavage. For now I don't care about Chiyo and Anzu.
I'm also trying to make costum for him and some proper background (here's a WIP).
In the best case I would have finished in several weeks.

I understand that Mari's hair are complicated : long hair with no ideal ref. I'll probably looking for more reference this afternoon.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I planned to make Marie, Hana and Meiko.
So you want to make one outfit for each, and not only one.

I am currently trying to make a dynamic hair mod for Hana. I took your 5th ref, but it doen't really fit SDT girl head, it seems too big and too long (I think I will shorten it):
N9ftMoi.png

(left: same as ref, right: shortened)​

Concerning backgrounds (that is really more my thing than hair mods), I have some for prison, but they do not match this anime style:
Maybe some other are available from Macnagum Backgrounds Web Gallery, but I do not want to check this web site because my Comodo Internet Security reported it as malicious (even if I could check it in the past, maybe it has become like Solidfiles).

I could do some taken from the anime, like the main prison gate. Here are examples of what I could do with YouTube:

kVPNai4.png

ZlzyBWC.png

PjuQyzU.png

uXzkG3V.png

I may do better if needed, but I'd need to download HD episodes, because the resolution from YouTube make the images too blurry.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
So you want to make one outfit for each, and not only one.
Well, yes like I said each ones are different.

I am currently trying to make a dynamic hair mod for Hana. I took your 5th ref, but it doen't really fit SDT girl head, it seems too big and too long (I think I will shorten it):
N9ftMoi.png

(left: same as ref, right: shortened)​
Seems good (don't forget to shorten the left side too :tongue:).

Concerning backgrounds (that is really more my thing than hair mods), I have some for prison, but they do not match this anime style:
Maybe some other are available from Macnagum Backgrounds Web Gallery, but I do not want to check this web site because my Comodo Internet Security reported it as malicious (even if I could check it in the past, maybe it has become like Solidfiles).

I could do some taken from the anime, like the main prison gate. Here are examples of what I could do with YouTube:

kVPNai4.png

ZlzyBWC.png

PjuQyzU.png

uXzkG3V.png

I may do better if needed, but I'd need to download HD episodes, because the resolution from YouTube make the images too blurry.
My apologies if I expressed myself poorly. I was explaining the things I had to do, I don't need help for the background. 'Recreate' a proper background is something I really want to do.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
Hana will be easy because this is approximately the same outfit than Mari (Hana's boobs and skirt are slightly smaller and she have a knee pants under her skirt). Meiko is more complicated : she got knee boots instead of loafers, a significantly smaller skirt and an outrageous cleavage.
Not being a Flash developer - how horribly complicated would it be to have one base jacket, and the "spill out" effect similar to what ClimaxTitan used on the Snow White jackets (Business jacket and Funeral Jacket), versus the "usual" breast slider adjustment?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Not being a Flash developer - how horribly complicated would it be to have one base jacket, and the "spill out" effect similar to what ClimaxTitan used on the Snow White jackets (Business jacket and Funeral Jacket), versus the "usual" breast slider adjustment?
Horribly complicated. The Snow jackets is almost like frame to frame animation with several layers. He probably spend months to do this mod.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
Well... hell. LOL. Guess I should shelve some revision requests I was contemplating, unless converting from one type of breast slider expansion to the other is.. . "less" horribly complicated.

(Reminds me of work - "W, we need a DB system that does A, B, and C". OK, A - couple of days; B, maybe 10 minutes - C. Well, I'll need a research team of three and about 12-18 months to tell you how feasible it is.)

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Well... hell. LOL. Guess I should shelve some revision requests I was contemplating, unless converting from one type of breast slider expansion to the other is.. . "less" horribly complicated.
There is no 'converting'. The Snow withe mod was very innovative, with amazing artwork and probably time consuming. I don't know how to explain but this mod its like a f***ing masterpiece.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
Don't worry - I understand completely - that "item C" I mentioned actually did happen, about 10-12 months ago. It was dropped as a requirement. ;)

stuntcock

Content Creator
Horribly complicated. The Snow jackets is almost like frame to frame animation with several layers.
Just checked out of curiosity. Frame-by-frame animation was used for the masks, while the actual artwork layers (i.e. shaded fabric, snowflake pattern) use keyframes and tweens. On a per-layer basis it's less complex than your bikini shading work, but it includes a larger number of layers.

It depends heavily on the type of garment.

Something like a sling bikini ought to be drawn in a "size agnostic" way, relying on the physics system (rather than the artist's skill) to fit it around the breasts. It's possible to draw a sling bikini with conventional techniques, but it would animate poorly. It makes more sense to just setup the project as "inherently" breast-slider compatible and not draw specific artwork for any particular breast size.

On the other hand, most forms of tailored clothing need to show visual changes when fitted to different body shapes. It's not enough to merely stretch the sprites along the x/y axes. The fabric ought to include parallel highlight lines to suggest tension, or pleats and folds of loose material, or shape-dependent shadows (e.g. darkness in the inframammary area for large breasts but not for small breasts). All of this stuff must be drawn by hand, because there's no automatic way to do it (e.g. no dynamic lighting engine, no skeletal rigging features, no cloth simulation, no mesh deformation). If the artist is highly experienced and if Flash is cooperative, then you can draw a handful of keyframes and tween the intervals. If Flash is uncooperative (i.e. if the current day ends in the letter "y") then you may need to draw 150 frames by hand.

The point is that (as Huitznahua Huitznahua mentioned) conversion is usually not meaningful. Even if we have the original project files (and we usually don't) we'd be able to salvage the vectors and color palettes. Most of the shading, tweens, scripting, rgb layers, and physics (if any) work would need to be re-done.

-----------------​

You're welcome to post Revision requests for any project that you can envision. The Revision board is intended for changes to existing content; the changes don't need to be trivial. If the project is infeasible then someone will say so and the thread will go dormant. No harm done.

You can make any project more "attractive" by doing preparatory work. You might obtain permission from the original author, or sketch out a few different-sized versions of the costume, or post reference images in which a similar garment has been fitted to different breast sizes, or link to an existing costume mod which achieves breast-slider support in a similar way, or link to a hentai breast-expansion scene which exactly illustrates the costume-stretching effect that you'd like to see in SDT.

If you're really eager to see breast slider support on a complex costume then you could always try to commission an artist.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
I had a feeling it was in the "five years and cast of thousands" arena (versus the "ten minutes and you get me a cup of GOOD coffee" one), but I wanted to verify. (I understand that someone not knowing how something works, might think of something as easy or hard based on appearance, when the reality can be completely reversed. Some days I want to answer the phone "You've reached IT Support - how are you being an idiot today?" LOL)

I'll still take a look at some of the revision thoughts I had (mostly, in general terms, would be "top/shirt continuity" - we have buttoned up shirts, partially unbuttoned (cleavage) shirts, and open/fully unbuttoned shirts (and jackets, etc) but each different piece is a different style) to see what may be more feasible, difficulty and time-wise, given my better understanding, but will post them once my thoughts are more organized.

I'll see what I can do when prepping the change requests; though, my artistic talents tend to fall in the "what talent?" category. I'll see what I can do, and (to not derail this thread further) may contact you off-thread to get a better understanding of how to make the difficult at least slightly easier.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
More ref :

W7IBXph.png

6L1ta9p.png
9blwBcM.png
GEvOLTW.png

Still no ideal reference for Mari, sorry about that. I'm starting to think it's impossible to find a detailed side view picture showing the whole hair :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.