Powerful Sister (パワフルシスター) (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
56c1208d.png
http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/announce/=/product_id/RJ123659.html

Creator's Blog: めがね屋のBlog

Powerful Sister is a really well animated pixel sidescrolling action game featuring a big breasted nun fighting against monsters. This seems to be the month for announcing these kinds of games. This game has been in development for a very long time now and it seems it's going to remain that way for many months to come. According to the announcement page the full product will be released sometime in October 2014. With the supposed release so far away I wouldn't be surprised if the date were subject to change as development moves forward.

The announcement page has a demo that only has one area (of a stage) and one enemy type, a skeleton. According to the creator the demo will be updated as development continues. He's hoping for 1-4 playable stages in the demo. In his blog he's hoping to have 16 stages in the full product.

Now onto the demo. The first time you start the demo you are immediately greeted by a Control setup screen. Here you are presented with a command list. When you press a button or key that command will be assigned to that button. The list will then progress to the next command prompt until all commands have been assigned.

Command list from top to bottom:
1-4 - Movement (They're easy to assign since they have an arrow next to them indicating which direction they represent)
5 - Attack (you can press this key three times in a row for a short combo, you can also attack in midair)
6 - Jump
7 - Dash (pressing the attack button with the right timing during a dash will initiate a dash attack)
8 - Exorcise (Probably not what it's called but I will explain what this does in the gameplay portion of this post)
9 - Pause

Once all commands are assigned press Enter. You can change these controls at the start menu.

Gameplay
I haven't messed around too much with the game but I think I understand the gist of it. Basically you need to attack enemies until the counter above their head reaches "100%". At this point they will glow red for a few seconds. This is where the "Exorcise" button comes into play. When you press and hold the "Exorcise" button any enemy glowing red will explode into a shower of gems. If you manage to put multiple enemies into the red glowing state before using "Exorcise" then the gem payout increases exponentially.

The gems fill out a bar in the upper left corner of the screen. When the bar fills out you are given what I assume is a random buff from a list of buffs at the top of the screen. There might be some debuffs as well though I haven't played long enough to find out. If you're hit even once then you lose those buffs.

Your character can only take two hits. One hit will strip her naked. The next will kill her. When naked the bar in the upper left now corresponds to the recovery of your clothes. Fill the bar with gems and you get your clothes back. When you lose all your lives you get a game over animation.

Game Overs
Game overs gets its own section because there are two kinds. "Ero" and "Guro". Guro is not enabled initially so if you're interested in more extreme game overs you'll have to enable it in the option menu at the start screen. The Options menu is the second to last option in the start menu. It has a gear shaped icon next to it. When in the options menu toggle the 4th option (the one directly below the slider bars) to the right. This will enable Guro.
You can also increase the game's screen size here (2x) which I highly recommend.

As far as I can tell you can't have Ero and Guro enabled at the same time. This is what the skeleton does depending on which is enabled.
Ero: The skeleton uses his sword to vaginally penetrate the player character. No blood. It's relatively tame.
Guro: The skeleton cuts off the player character's legs and then swiftly decapitates her.

Last edited by a moderator:

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Very promising - the art is already quite good, the animation is fluent, and the mechanics work seamlessly. Trying to activate the "Exorcism" on a chain after multiple attacks seems a little unresponsive, but it's almost a given with these games (simultaneous or rapid button presses not keeping up with the keyboard).

It's a shame we'll have to wait well into the next year, but I'm definitely going to follow this game's progress - the unique mechanic and technical proficiency are very interesting indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

seraph1130

Potential Patron
this thing is stupidly well animated... makes me just a bit jealous I don't have the patience to do so many in-betweens when animating sprites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.