1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential downtime between 06/19 - 06/24

Discussion in 'Club Announcements' started by detritus, Jun 15, 2016.

1. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

New server hardware is in transit, but it may not arrive before the current least expires. Several back-end changes are planned, but really they're not going to affect you and it's more of an academic practice in cluster computing for me.

If the hardware shows up in time, expect up to 48 hours downtime. If not, the migration will be postponed for a couple of months.

Viconia and Naduron like this.
  2. detritus

The hardware likely isn't showing up on time and our current host is apparently having issues with their payment processing. I'm taking backups now to prepare for the worst.

There's a whirlwind of random bad shit going on in my life right now so we'll see how this plays out. I have incredibly limited time to keep an eye on this and make sure no data is lost if the server lease vaporizes suddenly, but I'll do my best. If the site should go down without notice for an extended period of time, know that I'll get it back up and running when I find the time to do so.

Naduron and Viconia like this.
  3. detritus

Payment processing issue got sorted out. Just gonna ride it out on this hardware for another two months.

Unrelated likes this.