1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAY_BGM and DialogueActions

Discussion in 'Help' started by blackrain, Mar 16, 2016.

1. blackrain

blackrain Potential Patron

I'm trying to trigger an mp3 for background music. I've been referencing what I believe is the Official Documentation. I setup a folder mods/MyMod and it contains:
    Dialogue.txt
    nightclub7x6.jpg
    Shiny_Tech2.mp3

The nightclub7x6.jpg background loads just fine by setting "da.background.load". I'm trying to get Shiny_Tech2.mp3 to play as the background music. This is the trigger I'm using:
    [PLAY_BGM_Shiny_Tech2.mp3]

I've also tried:
    [PLAY_BGM_Shiny_Tech2]
    and
    [PLAY_BGM_/Audio/Shiny_Tech2.mp3] (after creating an Audio subfolder and putting the mp3 in there)

It doesn't do anything. I have SDTDialogueActionsv4.02.swf apparently loading in the $INIT$ folder.

I do not set "da.bgm.volume" as the documentation indicates that it defaults to 1 (full volume I presume).

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I've tried putting Shiney_Tech2.mp3 in a variety of other locations with no luck. I read something about FileReferences and think that has something to do with it. Maybe it just isn't locating the file? I'm not sure.

2. blackrain

blackrain Potential Patron

Never mind, I figured it out. I changed the file name to ShinyTech2.mp3 so the trigger becomes:
    [PLAY_BGM_ShinyTech2.mp3]

I guess the underscore screws up the parsing.

aztlan likes this.
  3. aztlan

aztlan Swell Supporter

Good to know - thanks for posting and letting us all know...