PLAY_BGM and DialogueActions (1 Viewer)

blackrain

Avid Affiliate
I'm trying to trigger an mp3 for background music. I've been referencing what I believe is the Official Documentation. I setup a folder mods/MyMod and it contains:
Dialogue.txt
nightclub7x6.jpg
Shiny_Tech2.mp3

The nightclub7x6.jpg background loads just fine by setting "da.background.load". I'm trying to get Shiny_Tech2.mp3 to play as the background music. This is the trigger I'm using:
[PLAY_BGM_Shiny_Tech2.mp3]

I've also tried:
[PLAY_BGM_Shiny_Tech2]
and
[PLAY_BGM_/Audio/Shiny_Tech2.mp3] (after creating an Audio subfolder and putting the mp3 in there)

It doesn't do anything. I have SDTDialogueActionsv4.02.swf apparently loading in the $INIT$ folder.

I do not set "da.bgm.volume" as the documentation indicates that it defaults to 1 (full volume I presume).

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I've tried putting Shiney_Tech2.mp3 in a variety of other locations with no luck. I read something about FileReferences and think that has something to do with it. Maybe it just isn't locating the file? I'm not sure.

blackrain

Avid Affiliate
Never mind, I figured it out. I changed the file name to ShinyTech2.mp3 so the trigger becomes:
[PLAY_BGM_ShinyTech2.mp3]

I guess the underscore screws up the parsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.