Photo Shop Question: (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jonny danger
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

jonny danger

Good day:

I don't know a lot of terms for graphics but I'll try to explain.

GTA SA (and others) Using Text Mod. So a character's txd file comes up. There are the usual, face, body, clothing files etc. Say a ped is wearing a hat. I mask that hat in PS and it turns out the top of his head is invisible as well. Sometimes with some files it's easy. Anime is easier for some reason. You erase what you don't want to show and it just about always works.

Then why is it some files are maskable where the "under" layer stays in tact (like a body part) but others leave invisible holes where ever you erased the file "over" it?

Thanx

NotMe

Content Creator
Good day:

I don't know a lot of terms for graphics but I'll try to explain.

GTA SA (and others) Using Text Mod. So a character's txd file comes up. There are the usual, face, body, clothing files etc. Say a ped is wearing a hat. I mask that hat in PS and it turns out the top of his head is invisible as well. Sometimes with some files it's easy. Anime is easier for some reason. You erase what you don't want to show and it just about always works.

Then why is it some files are maskable where the "under" layer stays in tact (like a body part) but others leave invisible holes where ever you erased the file "over" it?

Thanx
The holes exist because there isn't actually anything there.
If you remove a hat and the top of the head becomes invisible it's because it doesn't actually exist. That's the way the model was made.
Modelers usually remove hidden polygons for performance reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.