[PC] Samurai Sacrament (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Samurai Sacrament is a side-scrolling action H-game that is currently in development.
The sprites and animations look quite good.
Here are two short gameplay demonstration videos found on the blog.
[video=youtube_share;7ao0E2CJpQI]http://youtu.be/7ao0E2CJpQI[/video]
[video=youtube_share;xFeBf5p6FlQ]http://youtu.be/xFeBf5p6FlQ[/video]

and a nice little gif
mmf2_ss20.gif

You can find more screenshots and some demos at the author's blog here:
Mosaboru

Last edited by a moderator:

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
New demo out today!

Finally played this and the game has excellence written all over it. It's a bit vanilla for now, but visuals and controls are high quality. Blocking is still awkward though, and hit detection is not 100% yet, but this can only get better.

Controls so far:
Movement = Arrows
Melee = Z
Jump = X
Dash = C+direction
Block = C+down
Switch special = A and S
Trigger special = Z+up?

I don't know how the special triggers, exactly, but sometimes it just 'procs' on Z+up. O_o Just beat the first boss with it... keyspam ftw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Tried the new demo, it has a lot of potential, the H-Content needs improving, perhaps a grab system or something or more easy to be knocked down. Mostly you will get it through game over and then there will also be afterwards a Game Over CGI. It would be better though if the CGI comes no matter what and on the CGI screen you can select continue.

Anyone know how to handle those wall mounted laser turrets? They completely slaughter me.

The controls need a lot of work though, blocking is way too hard and no idea how to use the special attacks.

sutivlak

Potential Patron
I'm a fan of the graphics, definitely. A lot of potential, you're right!

Unfortunately, the best way to deal with the turrets is timing. Take advantage of the fact that it doesn't always start shooting directly at you.

The special attack seems to come from a spirit gauge near the top. You gain spirit from defeating enemies (the white balls you gather), but it's not always clear whether you have enough for a special attack or not.

Looking forward to the rest of it. And that grab animation in the OP...damn.

Feddy

Potential Patron
Does anyone know if there's been an update on the blog? Unfortunately I can't seem to figure it out, to see where the progress is.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Does anyone know if there's been an update on the blog? Unfortunately I can't seem to figure it out, to see where the progress is.

Like, of the demo? That's still dated 2014/08/01 in the download service. The author has been making little progress updates, but it's mostly just 'I'm alive' and some nice pics.

Feddy

Potential Patron
Like, of the demo? That's still dated 2014/08/01 in the download service. The author has been making little progress updates, but it's mostly just 'I'm alive' and some nice pics.

Sorry, should have been more specific, I meant the game in general and progress updates.
But thank you for informin' me!

T

Throbby

Soooooo, much as I love the demo, it's driving me batty that I *still* can't figure out how to use the special attacks. I've tried button-mashing, up + z, c + just-about-everything... what am I missing? :(

Deletethisaccpls

Potential Patron
Soooooo, much as I love the demo, it's driving me batty that I *still* can't figure out how to use the special attacks. I've tried button-mashing, up + z, c + just-about-everything... what am I missing? :(

You need to collect the charges before you can use them, they don't regenerate. I think pressing up + attack will activate it if you have 1 charge.

awanis

Potential Patron
im stuck after i think 3rd savepoint, there is thin lets call it tunel and i guess i need somehow to jump higher using the walls but honestly i cant figure it out

Yunguy1

Potential Patron
im stuck after i think 3rd savepoint, there is thin lets call it tunel and i guess i need somehow to jump higher using the walls but honestly i cant figure it out

I seem to have come across the same problem. I'm seriously stumped on what to do at that point.

Feddy

Potential Patron
Im glad im not the only one. still i did not figure this one out :D

Is it the area with the four bladed turrets? Go back into the previous room. The generator-thing on the left? Have one of the flying electric zapper doo-hickeys give it a jolt. (Dodge it's attack) and the wall in the aforementioned room will come down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.