Open Call: Tabletop RP Session (1 Viewer)

Strix

Casual Client
The Idea:
I am holding an open call to gather a group of people together, who would be willing to play a tabletop RPG online. This RPG would be heavily filled with zako(s?) and as such I felt it was more appropriate to toss it up in this forum rather than the general RP forum. I am holding an open application to bring together a group of individuals who would enjoy participating in such an activity. Individual sessions should last no more than three hours, but may be shorter due to time constraints. I personally just want to run one of these as my real life friends would find this sort of thing unappealing.

The Stipulations:
Ideally, no one would be excluded the only thing I would need to work on is the availability. That being said, I am only interested in hosting/running a game that falls in line with this idea and would pit the pc's vs. zakos using a tabletop rule system (and god willing a story) to make it cohesive and enjoyable for everyone. All levels of experience would be welcomed as the systems we may use are not set in stone either.

The Application:
Availability: (This is the most important thing I will need as coordination is key.)
Weekly or Biweekly: (Do you want to play every week or every two weeks)
RPG's Used and Years of Experience: (This is not a major factor as it will mostly be used to determine the ideal game system.)
Preferred RPG's: (Pick three at most please and denote preference with 1st being the highest.)
Ideal Campaign Setting: (If you could play any type of story, setting, genre, etc. what would it be? This way I can better tailor a campaign towards the players.)
Additional Information: (If you feel like you need to note something that isn't included here please feel free to do so. If it is more on the private end of things please feel free to PM me :) )

The Wrap Up: About Me
I have DM/GM'd for going on 15 of my 27 years. I will not say that I am the greatest out there but I am a very fun and flexible GM who is willing to let the players try new and unorthodox things in my sessions. I try to cater the game play towards party preferences and willing to put forth the extra effort to make a game night something to look forward to.

I have used the following systems D&D 3,3.5,4,&5th Editon, Shadow Run 3rd & 4th, Pathfinder, Dark Heresy 2nd, FATE System (Dresden Files), Star Wars Saga Edition, and World of Darkness. My experience heavily falls to the D&D systems/Pathfinder with a minor in Dark Heresy. I am always willing to learn a new system, but that may slow our startup time.

As always, if you have any additional questions please feel free to shoot me a message.

Servi

Club Regular
Oh wow, I've always wanted to be a part of a zako tabletop group. Even considered running one of my own. Do you plan on using something like RollD20?

Availability: Weekends work bestWeekly or Biweekly: I'd prefer biweekly, but I could try and make every week

RPG's Used and Years of Experience: I've been involved pretty heavily in a very roleplay sentric group for a year, we maonly played a Fallout rp using the Savage Worlds system. I was also a part of two Star Wars Edge of Empire groups, but here is the full list of systems I am familiar with
-Savage Worlds
-Star Wars Saga Edition
-Fantasy Flight Star Wars
-DnD 3.5 to 5 and by extension Pathfinder
-Stars Without Number
-Paranoia XP
-OVA
-D20 Modern

Preferred RPG's: Savage Worlds would be my best pick. The system is simple and easy to learn, very customizable, and geared toward fast paced combat. I'd be fine thoughwith Star Wars Saga Edition or DnD.

Ideal Campaign Setting: I'd prefer to do something in present but with some futuristic elements. But I'd be more than fine doing something more fantastical. I'm open most anything in terms of setting

Additional Information: That should be good. Just curious how much roleplay will we be doing?

nonniemouse

Casual Client
I'm tentatively interested as well, though I worry that my preferences might run counter to the ones others favor. I tend to like my zakos to be competent and even sadistically so, so that it feels all the more rewarding to defeat them. I also prefer more violence and blood-and-gore in my games, rather than clean / nonlethal takedowns. As for systems, I'm mainly familiar with Fate / Dresden and D&D 3.5 and onward. I've also looked through Dark Heresy and other 40k books, though haven't played a game of it (but it suits my tastes quite well). I'm happy to fill out more details if you think this is something that could be catered to, or compromised on!

Strix

Casual Client
I'm tentatively interested as well, though I worry that my preferences might run counter to the ones others favor. I tend to like my zakos to be competent and even sadistically so, so that it feels all the more rewarding to defeat them. I also prefer more violence and blood-and-gore in my games, rather than clean / nonlethal takedowns. As for systems, I'm mainly familiar with Fate / Dresden and D&D 3.5 and onward. I've also looked through Dark Heresy and other 40k books, though haven't played a game of it (but it suits my tastes quite well). I'm happy to fill out more details if you think this is something that could be catered to, or compromised on!
I am a flexible and merciful GM. I won't give definites until I see enough applications to actually get a session together. All i can say for now is to drop off an application here and see what happens. Worst case scenario it doesn't pan out, and even if it doesn't you may attract others of a similar mind to form another session! Who knows?

Strix

Casual Client
Oh wow, I've always wanted to be a part of a zako tabletop group. Even considered running one of my own. Do you plan on using something like RollD20?

Additional Information: That should be good. Just curious how much roleplay will we be doing?
RollD20 seems like the most likely candidate for hosting these sessions, but I am always open to suggestions if anyone is well versed in this area.

As for roleplaying during sessions that will be entirely up to players and how you guys want to approach the game. If you want to limit the amount of it and instead opt towards more encounter based games, or just not acting as a character that will all be fleshed out as we get a group together and determine what everyone is looking for.

Servi

Club Regular
Personally I love roleplaying, or at the very least fleshing things out beyond the usual dungeon crawl.

Feel like I should go into detail more of my tastes. I prefer my zakos to be on the cuter side, school girls and maids are a huge favorite of mine. But I'm also a fan of more tougher, tomboy zakos as well like bikers and cowgirls. In terms of how violent, I prefer lethal with the occasional knock out every now and then, depending on the scenario. As for what kind of character I'd like to be I'm very open, I've played everything from a quirky supernatural mechanic to a silent homicidal murder cyborg, so I'm more than fine fitting whatever mold the story needs filled.

I have a suggestion too for setting. I'm not sure what the name is, but there is an online manga about a futuristic group of rebel zakos. The protagonists are I assume genetically modified agents tasked with fighting and often killing the rebel girls, the players could take these agents and make all manner of different types of characters. The zakos themselves are quite varied in terms of personality, some are tomboyish, some are more girly, and others cocky seductresses, so it would be easy to make different groups of zako to fit different player's tastes, amd allow for a variety of encounters with them.

Posting some pages for reference
19751764_p14.jpg
12269813_p1.jpg
24664657_p7.jpg
12269813_p4.jpg
12646066_p10.jpg

nonniemouse

Casual Client
Thanks Airtew, if it might be something you'd be game for running, I'll happily put in an application.

Availability:
* Weekdays evenings and weekends work best. I'm on EST time.
* No real preference for weekly or biweekly.
* I'm traveling over the holidays, so my schedule is unreliable 'til early January. I'm happy to do setup and character generation 'til then. If we do a play-by-post component, I can join in on that too.

RPG's Experience:
* 10-ish years of tabletop experience. I've also GMed games before, so I appreciate the amount of work that you're putting into it!
* D&D 3.5 / PF, 4e, 5e
* Fate / Dresden
* Dungeon World
* FFG's 40k systems
* Also have used Shadowrun 3e waaaay back in the day but I'd have to look everything up again

Preferred RPG's:
* I'm torn between something simple like Fate or something with crunchy mechanical combat (since this will likely be a combat focused game) like 4e or DH2. I suppose my preference are fairly slight:
* Fate, DH2, 4e

Ideal Campaign Setting:
* You've already got me at all female enemies. Having a "battle of the sexes" theme running through the setting is a favorite of mine, and an all-female race or organization to go up against is definitely the core of it. (The other players obviously can play whichever gender they like!)
* Otherwise, I prefer a grim and gritty world and a setting that is far removed from rules of civility. I'd rather not have setting mores impinge on the zako massacre fun. I'd happily go for some sort of fantasy or space opera / space western setting, but I'm open to other ideas too.

Additional Information:
I'll include my zako preferences here. Like Servi, I tend to prefer my zako cuter. I do have a preference for more competent deadly zakos though, even sadistic ones, though I prefer them to be a cute as well (as suppose to more boyish appearance). Visceral violence in the narrative is more to my taste. If you've read the crit tables in DH2, you'll know what I'm thinking of! I'm also a big fan of ballbusting and cuntbusting, and I'd love to see the zako use the former against us (me?). I'd enjoy seeing them dish some serious damage and I'm even open to having my character killed, especially if it's via a particularly gruesome ballbusting display.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
We talked a bit on IRC already, but I'll post in here as well. :D

Availability: Sundays are generally off-limits, but my schedule is currently pretty open outside of that.
Weekly or Biweekly: No preference.
RPG's Used and Years of Experience: Started with AD&D in 1999, played D&D 3e/3.5 from release, a little bit of D&D 4e, Legend of the Five Rings, HERO FREd, Pathfinder, Fantasy Craft...
Preferred RPG's: Hard to go wrong with Pathfinder since everyone has access to its huge SRD without buying books or "legitimate acquisitioning" involved. I'd definitely rather stay away from oversimplified systems like Risus.
Ideal Campaign Setting: I generally prefer fantasy, but sci-fi works as well. Not as much of a fan of modern settings.
Additional Information: F/F themes, grappling, tight clothing... Not a fan of bloody/gore focused stuff. See alexichabane on DeviantArt for a good idea of what I'm after.

Strix

Casual Client
Keep them coming! I will leave applications open at the very least until the new year.

Servi

Club Regular
So looking through what everyone wants, I'm thinking maybe we could a slightly more lethal "Agent Aika"-ish type thing. Where non-lethal is almost always possible, but certain characters may be a bit more brutal. Might be a good idea to maube have two types of zakos, weaker "cuter" ones that arrive in droves, and the more conpetent sadistic "elite" zakos. Just an idea.

I think maybe we should do a sci-fi type thing, just because it opens up a lot of possibilities. Maybe the party is a group space bounty hunters, and they must take out certain criminals who just so happen to use all female protection, or are part of a all female race. I think this might give us a good variety of zakos to fight. One mission we face off against an army of sadistic pirate woman in latex suits on their ship, and then the next we face off againt of cute girly lolita fashion girls on a steampunk-esq world.

I guess we should also adress how sexual each of us wants to be with this game, I'm fine for the most part with things like groping or humiliation stuff.

Some random schoolgirl zakos for inspiration, might not be a bad idea for people to post references for the type of things they'd like to see

Attachments

• 46882507_p1.jpg
    46882507_p1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 46882507_p0-1.jpg
    46882507_p0-1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 44327326_p0.jpg
    44327326_p0.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 178

Strix

Casual Client
I think a lot of this will be determined once we know who is all on board. But as of right now its leaning towards sci-fi in terms of system if people wish to brush up on Star Wars: Saga Edition that may be for the best as it seems to be where we are heading. Now that is not to say that is where we will end up, but this will give people a chance to prepare for a system they may be unfamiliar with.

As for individual scenarios, and types there is a possibility that maybe certain sessions/scenarios will cater to individual tastes in the party. That way some nights people will get their favorite flavor and no one is truly left out. That is also yet to be determined as I'm sure more people will voice their tastes and preferences.

I will point out that most people do want the sci-fi setting so maybe indicate which system you guys want to use for that and discuss among yourselves.

R

Rando

I've never actually played any tabletop RPGs since I don't really know anyone who does (at least in my own circle of friends) so I'm interested in giving this a try.
Availability: I'd probably be available every two weeks once college resumes next year. I'm on GMT+8 time.
Experience: As I've stated, I have no experience in tabletop RPGs, so if I get in, it'll be my first.
Ideal campaign setting: No preference; open to anything.
Preferences: My preference is winning battles and solving problems with technique as well as manipulation. For example, the character could interrogate the enemy, coerce them into helping, scaring them into submission/fleeing/surrendering, or trick them into doing something that puts the situation in the party's favour. As for dispatching the enemy, I prefer non-lethal, but I'm OK with lethal methods that aren't gory.

Servi

Club Regular
I really like the idea of using the Star Wars system. If were going to make the setting just a generic sci fi thing, we can always just make certain star wars thing more generic. Aliens can have a more "feminine" look (trandoshans are cute lizard girls, mon calamari are sexy fish woman, and twi'leks can just be twi'leks) and we could just make Jedis space samurais/ninjas

Been thinking maybe it might be convenient if we all made a wishlist of things we'd like to see, (around 10 things) just so we can each give a clearer idea of what we all want, and give the GM a little cheat sheet of things to throw in.

Last edited:

Strix

Casual Client
I can sense a lot of excitement coming from you Servi. Thats great because it means im scratching an itch. That being said feel free to keep generating great ideas and things you would like to see, just remember nothing is set in stone until we get the group together and then determine what everyone as a whole is looking for.

Servi

Club Regular
Tabletop gaming is one of my passions, so having the chance to splice that with zakos is great for me. I still want to finish that one card game, and recently I've started working on a supplement guide for the Savage Worlds system that will give guidelines and ideas for running a ryona based RPG that I plan on playtesting here on the RP forums via play by post. But I digress.

I know nothing is really wholly set yet, I just wanted to gove some ideas for if the group decided to go that route. I am curious though, what were some things as a GM though did you want to do/see in the campaign?

nonniemouse

Casual Client
Not a system specific suggestion, but this might be well suited to a West Marches style game play, where each session is episodic, and could feature a different (possibly overlapping crew). But all of the action is happening in the same universe, so we can see and further the accomplishments of previous parties? There's a great Let's Play on itmejp's youtube channel featuring this sort of style, if you're not familiar with it.

Strix

Casual Client
Not a system specific suggestion, but this might be well suited to a West Marches style game play, where each session is episodic, and could feature a different (possibly overlapping crew). But all of the action is happening in the same universe, so we can see and further the accomplishments of previous parties? There's a great Let's Play on itmejp's youtube channel featuring this sort of style, if you're not familiar with it.

I don't believe I have seen the concept ever put into action before. At least to this extent. It seems like a fun idea!

Tabletop gaming is one of my passions, so having the chance to splice that with zakos is great for me. I still want to finish that one card game, and recently I've started working on a supplement guide for the Savage Worlds system that will give guidelines and ideas for running a ryona based RPG that I plan on playtesting here on the RP forums via play by post. But I digress.

I know nothing is really wholly set yet, I just wanted to gove some ideas for if the group decided to go that route. I am curious though, what were some things as a GM though did you want to do/see in the campaign?

My desires are simple. I want to run a successful campaign. My personal tastes lead towards KOing numerous young ladies inexperienced and incompetent. Completely outclassed, they just get taken down skillfully by the players. Then the clean-up of stuff them in a broom closet or hauling them out and piling them into a senseless heap. Those are the types of things I would enjoy and hope to see. I know people's tastes differ from mine however and it's up to the players to decide how to handle whatever their given.

Servi

Club Regular
Sounds great! I like the idea of doing a couple of different groups that crossover with each other occasionally. Could open us up to a lot more things, and if one group eber has some down time, we can just shift focus to another group.

Anyway, did you have a date you wanted for us to get together? I know you said you wanted the sign up to end at the end of the year.

Strix

Casual Client
Sounds great! I like the idea of doing a couple of different groups that crossover with each other occasionally. Could open us up to a lot more things, and if one group eber has some down time, we can just shift focus to another group.

Anyway, did you have a date you wanted for us to get together? I know you said you wanted the sign up to end at the end of the year.
I think that will have to wait until after the end of the year. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.