Odd behaviour in Loader 5.45 (1 Viewer)

Churchill

Potential Patron
I upgraded from 5.41a to 5.45 recently. The new version loads the character settings, background, and hair items... but it does not load any character-specific mods such as clothing. If I load a swf manually through the Modding panel it DOES work and Loader also loads non-character mods such as animtools just fine.

I store my character data in Code.txt files under various folders in the Mods directory. So, for example, in one such Code.txt file one might find something like:
Code:
customHair:Mods/_hair/973_lelouch_vi_britannia.png;
swfMod:Mods/_misc/Elizabeth Dress.swf,11;
swfMod:Mods/_misc/Elizabeth Jacket.swf,11;
swfMod:Mods/_misc/Boots.swf,11;

I've tried moving swfMod lines into the separate Mods.txt to no avail.

Has something changed in the Loader that necessitates a change in my setup?

EDIT:

Code:
dat = dat.split("swfMod:").join("BLANK:");
if(isHairLoaded()) dat = dat.split("hair:").join("BLANK:");

The condition to strip loading a hair image is to prevent overwriting hair accidentally via charcode.
The removal of swfMod from the code is to enforce using the in game menu or Mods.txt, such that the mods can be successfully detected and processed.
I should probably add this to the documentation....

tmb

Casual Client
I have/had the same problem, starting with the Loader.v5.41c.by ModGuy, that includes TemplateExtension V5.
I just found out that the README from that loader version states: "swfMod is now stripped from Code.txt, use Mods.txt instead.".

To load from the Mods.txt file, you'll need the following syntax:
Code:
Mods/_misc/Elizabeth Dress.swf
Mods/_misc/Elizabeth Jacket.swf
Mods/_misc/Boots.swf

Also, I think that the filenames are relative to the character's folder, and not to the loader's Mod folder (not sure, I use symbolic links).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
lol, glanced over the first post and thought somebody unexpected was busting out some code quotes.

and then i saw the edit tag

also yes, the mods.txt entries are relative to the character folder. so if you dump all the mods you want into the character folder, you just have to list of the files in mods.txt

Churchill

Potential Patron
Oooooooooooookay, I understand now. I didn't want to scream BUG when likely it was something I was doing. I'll alter my structure to accommodate.

Thanks, MG, SBY, and TMB... yer the best acronyms a forum could have. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.