Noodle from Gorillaz (The Sequel Thread) (2 Viewers)

JohnTylerHorny

Potential Patron
Hello again forum, I am here with good news! I made a request a while back for you lovely modders and artists to make/import Noodle from Gorillaz and her hairstyles into SDT, but unfortunately wasn't able to provide any good reference images nor find any sooo...

I recently got into contact with one of my favorite artists on Twitter whom I've commissioned artwork from before, he's very good! Anyway, he is drawing the hairstyles for me, so now all I need is for the modders to mod it into the game.

I'm going to post some WIP's that he made so that you guys can see what I'm talking about, also let me know if, as modders, you people need anything else. I will update this post with the finished product soon, thanks everyone! :)

LINK ---> WIP Noodle Hair

There's 3 styles, Classic Noodle Hair, DARE Music Video Noodle Hair and Saturnz Barz Music Video Hair.

sclover13

Content Creator
These are insanely good. It is so cool to see professional artists work. If he provides the vector files I'll turn them into mods for you, dynamic where applicable.

JohnTylerHorny

Potential Patron
These are insanely good. It is so cool to see professional artists work. If he provides the vector files I'll turn them into mods for you, dynamic where applicable.
And they are done! Here you go, unfortunately the artist doesn't use vectors, but provided me with the screenshots of the hair(s) and the .CLIP file if that's any help, everything you (and any other modders) need is in this .rar file, thank you for the help guys! :)

Mediafire Download link ---> Noodle Mod-20211118T151317Z-001

I tried to upload the file here directly but I couldn't figure out how, sorry!

sclover13

Content Creator
This are really good. Two options: make static PNG loadable hairs or make static/dynamic swf hairs.
I specialize in dynamics but these hair lend themselves to static. For the time being I'll make static hairs and upload them for you. Then at a later date I'll manually segment the hairs, retrace them and make them vector/dynamic. Really solid art.

sclover13

Content Creator
unknown.png

I'm doing the conversions to vector manually, so this will take me some time.
I should be finished by the end of this weekend however.

Updates to come.

sclover13

Content Creator
unknown.png

Vectorized Hair 3. Left the gradients rasterized as that would be too time consuming to fix.
Having to redraw some of the linework that didn't turn into vector correctly. Overall going smoothly.

Separating the Pom art from the strands. Overall, this mod will have 4 dynamic elements.

sclover13

Content Creator
unknown.png

Fully vectorized. Now to separate the elements.

I opted to rebuild the gradients completely, as image tracing is unable to grab gradients.

sclover13

Content Creator
unknown.png

Began import in to Adobe Animate

unknown.png

Initial tests are satisfactory. The lack of a second lens looks weird, so I'll draw a new one. Also, It would be nice to be able to see her eyes some so I'm wondering how you feels about adding some transparency to the lenses?

The movement of the pompoms and single front strand are subtle and immersive. I like it, however, if it's too subtle I can always increase the amount of movement later on easily.

sclover13

Content Creator
unknown.png

Adjusted the glasses position. Although, I'm of the school of thought that two may look better.

unknown.png

Something similar to my frameless glasses.

JohnTylerHorny

Potential Patron
I am beyond words grateful for everything you've done thus far because it's entirely unnecessary but you did it anyway, thank you for everything for making them both static and then going out of your way to vectorize them to make em dynamic. Thanks a bunch, the work is amazing, amazing progress. Also, sure, some transparency on the lens would be great I think! Also yeah I think drawing another lens would make it look good too! :)

sclover13

Content Creator
I am beyond words grateful for everything you've done thus far because it's entirely unnecessary but you did it anyway, thank you for everything for making them both static and then going out of your way to vectorize them to make em dynamic. Thanks a bunch, the work is amazing, amazing progress. Also, sure, some transparency on the lens would be great I think! Also yeah I think drawing another lens would make it look good too! :)
thanks! I try!

Most recent iteration ->

unknown.png

sclover13

Content Creator

Last edited:

sclover13

Content Creator
8400 yen mod
Lol, including my investment in Clip Studio and JohnTylerHorny's original commission price -- this actually may be the single most expensive SDT mod ever made.

(Although, if we're being accurate we shouldn't factor in asset purchases in cost)

sclover13

Content Creator
Here are two more mods (outside of the og hair request) that I threw together to help look more complete:

Turned up pixie nose->

Guitar Accessory ->

JohnTylerHorny

Potential Patron
Hello again! What exactly is supposed to be 5% smaller in picture B? The hair itself? If so I cannot make out any differences between them, also I was just about to make a post suggesting someone make a nose that looks like Noodle's nose as it's so unique, the one you provided is awesome too! Thanks a bunch! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.