Noob needs help with the Loader... (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello

I just downloaded and tried sby sby 's sby_loader_pack_8_545d.zip and I am a bit lost...
I would like to use the Loader to make easily example of my mods, so I would like several things to be loaded from the start (or from a saved character eventually):
  1. A white background (I have already one on my computer)
  2. SD Chan 2 with this Custom Data:
    • bodyScale:1;iris:normal,56,100,137,1;breasts:74;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0;sclera:0,0,0,0;blush:0,0,0,0;freckles:0,0,0,0,0;mascara:0,0,0,0,0;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:lines,211,158,90,1,83,61,46,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;herTan:none,0.49
  3. If possible, keep her mouth closed (or open, it doesn't matters as long as it stays in the same position).
  4. Disable her eyes blinking.
  5. Make her always look in front of her (i.e. [LOOK_DOWN]).
  6. Hide the guy and his penis.
I would also like that the Loader opens as fast as possible and to delete all the unneccessary files and mods (I almost never use SDT as a game :tongue:).

Thank you.

stuntcock

Content Creator
A white background (I have already one on my computer)
Open up your Mods\$INIT$ folder. This is a "Character Folder", which is a set of mods that you can activate all-at-once by clicking its icon in the character roster (just like SDChan, Askuka, etc). The $INIT$ folder is special because you don't click it; it gets activated automatically when you start the game.

Copy-paste your background file into the Mods\$INIT$ folder. Then rename it to "bg.png". The Loader will search for a file with this name whenever it loads a Character Folder (regardless of whether it's a "custom girl" folder or a "technical" folder such as $INIT$). If the Loader finds a matching file then it will apply that file as the new background for the scene.

Caution: since you're using sby's Loader pack, you probably have the moreClothing mod enabled. moreClothing generates an extended initialization phase for the game, during which it loads dozens or hundreds of extra files. These files are then included in the games selectors and can be activated at any time by clicking the ◄ ► buttons, and they can be included in charCodes. It's a very useful mod.

Unfortunately, the extended initialization interferes slightly with the $INIT$ stuff that we just established. Code mods (such as dialogueActions) which were loaded during init will remain active, but visual effects (such as an initialized background) will tend to be overridden. This is especially true if moreClothing is loading several custom background during its startup (which it does by default).

The easiest way to avoid this problem is to simply disable moreClothing by omitting it from your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file. Find the line in this file which mentions moreClothing, and then add a semicolon (;) at the beginning of that line. If you're annoyed by the longer startup time the disabling moreClothing might be the best option for you.

However, if you're interested in keeping the moreClothing mod then there's a better option:
  1. Copy-paste your white background file into the Mods\$INIT$\moreclothingmods\backgrounds folder
    • I'll assume that your file is named "white.png"
  2. Open up your Settings\moreclothingV6_2settings.txt file
    • This file contains a declaration for each mod registered with moreClothing (such as new shirts, new hairstyles, etc). We're going to register a new background and make a minor change to the settings.
  3. Scroll down (or use a Ctrl+F search) until you find the section which declares a few backgrounds. It's not necessary to register your white background here; it can be registered anywhere in the file. But we'll put it here for the sake of tidiness.
  4. Write a new line into this section of the settings file:
    • backgrounds/white.png=White:Background
  5. The new background is now registered with moreClothing. If we started the game now, then we would be able to choose the white background by clicking through the other options (School, Dungeon, etc).
    • After doing so, we would also be able to generate a charcode which includes the custom background selection. In my case, the relevant portion is "bg:9"
  6. Scroll up within the moreclothingV6_2settings.txt file until you see lines which begin with a plus sign (+). These are options and settings which control the behavior of the moreClothing mod.
  7. Find the charcodeafterload line and change it to the following:
    • +charcodeafterload=bg:9;
  8. We've now told the moreClothing mod to register our new (white) background during startup, and then apply it automatically after all of the custom mods (shirts, shoes, backgrounds, etc) have been loaded. You can now start the game and the white background will appear.

SD Chan 2 with this Custom Data:
Similar to the previous example.

If you've disabled moreClothing then you can save this charcode into a file named "code.txt" and copy-paste that file into your Mods\$INIT$ folder.

If you're using moreClothing then you can copy-paste the charcode itself into your moreclothingV6_2settings.txt file. Remember to preserve the bg:9; snippet as well -- don't accidentally overwrite it!

If possible, keep her mouth closed (or open, it doesn't matters as long as it stays in the same position).
There's probably a way to do this directly, but I've usually just relied on animtools. The game's logic will open and close the girl's mouth depending on the proximity of the penis. You can setup a position in which the penis is very far away (e.g. outside the camera's field of view) and so the girl's mouth won't randomly open/close.

I assume that you're trying to take screenshots of the girl alone, so the absence of the guy isn't a problem. If you need both characters together (but with a static mouth position) then we'd need to find a different solution.

Disable her eyes blinking.
The Android Behavior mod could fulfill this requirement, but it has several other features which probably don't fit your needs. By default, it makes the girl look constantly surprised or afraid. If you adjust the mod's options then you should be able to disable blinking without altering the girl's expression.

Make her always look in front of her (i.e. [LOOK_DOWN]).
I don't know of a way to do this automatically. Changing lookState doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

I usually just press the shortcut key ("2" in sby's Loader Pack) to toggle the girl's eyes into the desired position.

Hide the guy and his penis.
animtools is the easiest way to do this. I've attached a position file (sshot.txt) which you may find useful for screenshots. You can load it in-game by pressing F2 and then choosing the file via the Browse window. If you find it useful and want to use it regularly then we can setup a more convenient shortcut.

I would also like that the Loader opens as fast as possible and to delete all the unneccessary files and mods (I almost never use SDT as a game :tongue:).
moreClothing adds the greatest startup delay of any Loader mod that I've used. It's not because the mod is badly written, it's just the nature of the mod (that it needs to load hundreds of other mods) which makes it slow. If you want to speed things up then disabling moreClothing would be your first step. See above for instructions.

Attachments

sshot.txt
3.7 KB · Views: 113

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Thank you, I'm going to try this right away.

By the way, I just thought of a possible solution to have her eyes not blinking and always looking in front of her: make a mod covering her eye with a motionless eye!
The problem is that mod may be overwritten by the mods I'll load after, but I can either try drawing it on the Hair Costume template that is unlikely to be used by other mods, or loading it after I loaded the mod I want to make an example of.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Thank you both stuntcock stuntcock & sby sby , but I think that sby's answer wins... :tongue:
By the way, I think I prefer her looking up, because looking forward gives her a quite odd look:

YJkL8Mg.jpg

:eek:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
wasn't sure how tilted you wanted the head, i kinda guessed and locked it into place. you can tweak the position with animtools, the position is 'staystill.txt.'

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
wasn't sure how tilted you wanted the head
Actually it depends of the hair or costume mod: sometimes it is better to have her head tilted up, sometimes down, but like this it is fine.
Anyway, If I want her head to move more, I can always delete/rename staystill.txt to make it inactive.
Thank you anyway for this additional info.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello sby sby .
I have a little question: how can I make her lean back and forward as usual? I tried to remove 'staystill.txt.' to no avail and I am lost in the various TXT files...

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Hello sby sby .
I have a little question: how can I make her lean back and forward as usual? I tried to remove 'staystill.txt.' to no avail and I am lost in the various TXT files...
these are the position settings you will probably want to replace in the staystill.txt
hertweenstartx=-40
hertweenstarty=270
hertweenendx=250
hertweenendy=367.3

also, in the start character folder, i may have dumped an animtoolscharposition file in it. just change the same settings for those.

do note that this will only reset the path she travels, her head rotation will still be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.