noob - dialogue (1 Viewer)

blazon

Potential Patron
so I have no idea how to edit dialogue in the program, do you edit it in the game?
I use irfanview to open the swf files, I don't have anything else that could do it.
any help would be appreciated!

blazon

Potential Patron
I downloaded vim, ...whatever file I open up in it comes up as undecipherable

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 193

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
blazon said:
I downloaded vim, ...whatever file I open up in it comes up as undecipherable
Wow... winning. You opened up the .fla inside of vim. Your stupidity knows no bounds, and I love you for it. I'm serious, I've been so mad with idiots lately, and you just made my mood better... so I will actually help you.

.fla files get opened in Flash CS5 (hence the SDTModdingCS5.fla) or CS5.5 if you wish.

SDTModdingCS5.fla is not for making dialogues, it is for making characters if you can draw and use flash/actionscript.

vim is a text editing program, I was messing with you, you didn't need to download it, I really didn't think you would... Notepad/Wordpad works just fine.

There is a guide to making dialogues Guide to Making Dialogues.

You write the dialogue, save the .txt file, load the .txt file inside of SDT.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
blazon said:
thanks I guess...
Yeah, I'm sorry, it's just that the board has been flooded with morons ever since Konashion's blog went down, so I'm very short tempered right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.