1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob - dialogue

Discussion in 'Help' started by blazon, Jan 27, 2012.

1. blazon

blazon Potential Patron

so I have no idea how to edit dialogue in the program, do you edit it in the game?
    I use irfanview to open the swf files, I don't have anything else that could do it.
    any help would be appreciated!

2. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

Use vim.

3. blazon

blazon Potential Patron

I downloaded vim, ...whatever file I open up in it comes up as undecipherable

Attached Files:

4. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

Wow... winning. You opened up the .fla inside of vim. Your stupidity knows no bounds, and I love you for it. I'm serious, I've been so mad with idiots lately, and you just made my mood better... so I will actually help you.

.fla files get opened in Flash CS5 (hence the SDTModdingCS5.fla) or CS5.5 if you wish.

SDTModdingCS5.fla is not for making dialogues, it is for making characters if you can draw and use flash/actionscript.

vim is a text editing program, I was messing with you, you didn't need to download it, I really didn't think you would... Notepad/Wordpad works just fine.

There is a guide to making dialogues Guide to Making Dialogues.

You write the dialogue, save the .txt file, load the .txt file inside of SDT.

5. blazon

blazon Potential Patron

thanks I guess...

6. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

Yeah, I'm sorry, it's just that the board has been flooded with morons ever since Konashion's blog went down, so I'm very short tempered right now.

7. EnigmaTSvirus

EnigmaTSvirus Potential Patron

High five for anon? rofl :)