. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter 0k6axeXUBfI3wD
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinosante

Potential Patron
I have no idea what is happening, but try using the default normal SDT flash file, not the loader.swf. Maybe that helps.

ModGuy

Content Creator
penguin-kun said:
Doesn't make a difference, the dialogue still doesn't appear.

Know what? You're probably right.
I just like to make sure that all other factors are not contributing to towards an issue.

On the offchance that something has gone wrong with the SWF, you could attempt to redownload it.
After that, update your Flash Player and see if it makes a difference then.

If none of that works, then it could be something a lot more unusual like a permissions issue or perhaps related to the path where the dialogue is stored.

penguin-kun said:
Im on a mac but i've seen other mac users here and none of them are having this problem.

Don't think that should be an issue really, I know a few others who use a mac here.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Did you try using the vanilla SDT to load the dialogue?
Did you verify that the dialogue you are using is valid?
Is your flash up to date?
Are you using the flash standalone player?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
penguin-kun said:
Anonymous said:
Did you try using the vanilla SDT to load the dialogue?
Did you verify that the dialogue you are using is valid?
Is your flash up to date?
Are you using the flash standalone player?

Yes
Yes, its the default dialogue. I've tried downloaded ones as well.
Yes.
I've tried using the flash standalone player and running it through CS5 for the hell of it, neither worked properly.
I was going to ask a stupid question.. Can you provide a screenshot of the error as it pops up?

I'm booting up my VM Mac, I'll try to verify that this isn't a general problem

Booted up my VMbox, updated Flash, downloaded SDT, downloaded the default dialogue, ran the game, loaded the dialogue, checked the dialogue box, made her slobber on his knob for a bit, she was all "Me so horny".

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
penguin-kun said:
dantethedarkprince said:

Thanks for the reply. It is indeed a Array and * cannot be reconciled error (posted a pic), but I'm still not sure how to solve it. It probably IS the fact that I'm running an older apple OS. Thank you for the info, if I figure anything out I'll post the solution for future users.
You seem to keep using Flash Professional, try this file, if it works, then you didn't listen.

Otherwise it might be something else.

http://ul.to/rdqdmxen

Extract the file and run the app, then attempt to load the dialogue.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
penguin-kun said:
The version you sent me works but I don't understand why.
Because you haven't been listening when we tell you to use the flash standalone player instead of Flash Professional or Flash CS5 or whatever... you have to use Flashplayer, not Flash.

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
penguin-kun said:
Could it be that I'm running OS X 10.5.8? Its kind of an old version at this point.
Flash Player 11 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.5, that might be a problem.
I´m using 11.0.1.152 on 10.6.8 and everything´s fine.

penguin-kun said:
I have the most recent version of flash player that I can download, which is 10.1.52.14.
AFAIK the most recent version for 10.5 is 10.3.183.19, though I´m not sure if this would make a difference.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
rufferto said:
penguin-kun said:
Could it be that I'm running OS X 10.5.8? Its kind of an old version at this point.
Flash Player 11 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.5, that might be a problem.
I´m using 11.0.1.152 on 10.6.8 and everything´s fine.
In response to this, I would just download the newest version for Mac and attempt to install it even though it is not "compatible"

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
penguin-kun said:
Tried that, it launches the installer and then automatically crashes and gives me the option to send an error report.
Weak... for the time being you can use that though. I'm very lazy and it actually takes me going quite a bit out of my way to produce a standalone for another OS... I would maybe look into upgrading to a newer OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.