New User (Mac) Help (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Potential Patron
Im running the correct flash 11 (projector version)
Im using the most updated version of the loader (V5), from Modguy
Im on mac 10.6.8 and also another computer using 10.8 (both having issues)

I just found this amazing game and site three days ago. For the last three days I've been trying to get some of the mods/characters to work. I have read through and watched many of the tutorials and I understand how to load the mods (although some just won't load) but I have one big issue. It may sound stupid, but I cant seem to locate the Loader tab. I have the arrow on the bottom, but no tab on the right hand side. I see a loader option under the arrow tab on the bottom but even after I load the mod using the Scene or Mods swf tabs, it wont show anything under the loader (using the menu when you click the arrow on the bottom of the screen. I have been obsessing over fixing this issue for the last three days which really blows (no pun intended). I would really appreciate any help I can get since I've exhausted all resources and three days of my life trying to figure this out on my own. Thanks.

Yes I am running the loader.swf file and not the SDT3.swf file
Yes I have set up the keys
Yes I have placed the downloaded mod folders in the main mod folder, updated the character list,( since there is no mod.txt file in the main mod folder, and created a mods.txt file in the folder specifying which files to load)
No, the java mod list updater doesn't seem to work, which is why I had to change the list manually

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Ahahah
Blame it on bad documentation.

Loader v5.25d...
has loader menu (right hand menu) integrated into the characters tab.
Does that fix your issues?

Atreides

Potential Patron
Sorry it took so long. My computer logged out after I typed up my long response. Here goes again

So by Characters Tab, do you mean the box that says Custom, under the Scenes tab? I have tried using that method (after doing everything with the folders I mentioned in the first post) with unreliable results. The only one I was able to get to work using that method was the animtoolsV8, but even then I had to click on the loader tab (showed a green box saying load, only after I loaded the animtoolsV8 using the custom box or the swf mod under modding tab) When i clicked on the green box under the loader tab Im prompted to search for the position file I wish to load, which works fine (aside from the girl looking all twisted), but Im sure I can fix that by looking at the post where the animtoolsv8 was downloaded (just using as an example). The problem is, that this method only worked for me using the animtoolsv8 and simple hair and costume mods. Some mods will say loaded, but with no visual result. Others just say failed to load mod.
Im just confused because The Loader tab doesn't give me any options when I load any other mods. Maybe you can suggest a mod I can try and I can give you the results?
Thanks for the quick response though.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Character folders
... fuck it, I'm too wasted (mentally) to give you a proper response right now

give me 1 minute to put some extra stuff in this post

Shamsiel.rar is a character folder, place it in your Mods folder (extract the folder to inside the Mods folder so you get Mods/Shamsiel/Code.txt and such)
Next up, edit your CharacterFolders.txt which is in the Mods folder
add this line on the bottom:
Shamsiel:Shamsiel
save it

Now open the loader, the characters, and click the last one, shamsiel
does that work?

Attachments

Shamsiel.rar
28.7 KB · Views: 100

Atreides

Potential Patron
Well that one worked perfectly. I tried using the same method with the Leeloo Dallas file I donwloaded earlier and it isnt working (contains an swf file and a png file) Should there be some other file Im missing? Just asking because yours worked fine and it contains a code file. Is that what Im missing?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Code.txt = character code for the loader to load
Mods.txt = a list of .swf files that the loader will load

Atreides

Potential Patron
So I know that I can create the mods.txt file, but many of the characters i downloaded don't include a code.txt file. I just tried with another character (Poison_Ivy) and it seemed to load fine, but it only contained an swf file (I created the mods.text file) also tried with Lady_Death which contained only a png file, with no luck. Im just confused: so the code.txt file is something I need to have?
Also was wondering if you have an example (positions file) that requires me to use the Loader tab, since that was what was giving me the most problems. Thanks for the help so far.

Update: So i've been trying this with all the characters and it seems to work for all of them. I think I might have downloaded some character's png files with nothing else, thinking that would work, but I guess I just need to have the swf file for it to work. I know it sounds like a stupid mistake, but I understand that now. I still have issues with positions files. I had downloaded a positions pack from cowkazoo (wish I knew how to link the file) and it only contains txt files. I don't know how to get files to load from just a txt file. Would I use the same method or do i need to locate an swf file?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Eh that's from animtools
you have to put them in the settings folder and then you can load them via the loader tab (with open...) that file dialog that you saw where you had to pick a position file

png files tend to be hairs or background
BG.png = loader will set this as background
hair.png = loader will set this as hair
Mod.swf (not sure) = loader will automatically load this swf if no Mods.txt available

Atreides

Potential Patron
I think we are getting closer to the real issue, now. I moved the cowkazoo folder (containing only txt and jpg files) into the settings folder, but I can't get it to work (I see no open option under the loader). Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to take the txt files out of their original folder and put them in the settings folder or can i just drop the folder containing the txt files straight into the settings folder?
This is what my loader looks like after I moved the folder containing the txt files into the settings folder.

I see no way to open. Sorry if Im making an obvious error. If I can get this part working Im ready to roll! Also I have a great idea of how to use this program with some hardware I recently purchased, that makes things very interesting. I would be glad to fill you in when we get this solved.

Maybe you have a positions mod you can suggest so I can test this out?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-29 at 10.08.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-11-29 at 10.08.28 PM.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 98

Pim_gd

Content Creator
You have to put animtools in the $INIT$ folder. Then it will show you animtools v8 with a load button.

Mods/$INIT$/animtoolsv8.swf
Mods/$INIT$/animtoolsv8settings.txt

alter Mods/$INIT$/Mods.txt
to include animtoolsv8.swf

Atreides

Potential Patron
Thanks, that helped a great deal. I was doing all kinds of stuff to get it to work, but it's much simpler to just put it in that folder. I was able to get this pack to work before though. The issue I still can't figure out is what to do with positions files that only contain txt file. Like this one http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3556.0;attach=58017

I keep seeing people posting text only and figured out that I could copy and paste into a txt file, but just don't know where to put that file. You told me to put the animtoolsv8 into the settings folder but it didn't work. It did work when you told me to put it in the INIT folder though. Since the file I linked above is slightly different (only text) what should i do with that to get it working?

Since you've already helped me so much I figure I should just tell you about the hardware I got. Its Leap Motion. I have to say it definitely makes the game easier to play and Im sure with some modifications, can be a game changer.

Atreides

Potential Patron
No worries. I figured it out my self. Well now that you helped me better understand how this works. Thanks so much! You are awesome!!!!

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Atreides remember to post your solution to your problem. If someone else finds this via a search, the most painful thing to see is "nevermind I figured it out".

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.