Need help with Flash Tweens and Breast Slider Support (1 Viewer)

BrokenToaster

Content Creator
Hey All,

I'm no expert with Flash CS.6/CC so if anyone can please shed light on the problem I'm having I'd greatly appreciate it.

My issue occurs when I'm trying to make a dynamic breast which supports the in game breast slider function. I usually end up copying the templates from the SDT Example mod to make tops/shirts but when I try to create my own, the object rotates around the breast rather than just filling into it. Its hard to explain but I'll do my best with the pictures below.

This is the very first frame and the initial starting position of the shirt:
image.png

As the object begins to change shape it creates arbitrary corners and begins to bend the object unevenly and creates a crappy looking shirt for the 'in-between' breast sizes.
image.png

This is the final frame and the end shape. I'd imagine that instead of creating those arbitrary edges the top left corner should just expand out rather than twist up and vice versa for the lower left corner:
image.png

Again its hard to explain, so for further demonstration, here is a link to the .swf file so you can try it out yourself in game:
.swf file link: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/5dab73fd11/

I'd really like to know if there's away to do this better because it's honestly the biggest reason why I do not make clothing tops.

stuntcock

Content Creator
BrokenToaster said:
As the object begins to change shape it creates arbitrary corners and begins to bend the object unevenly and creates a crappy looking shirt for the 'in-between' breast sizes.
The keyword here is "Shape Hints."

When Flash attempts to tween two shapes, it must arbitrarily decide which anchor point (aka vertex) of the first shape maps to which anchor point of the second shape. If the two shapes have a different number of anchor points then the process tends to get FUBARed.

The workaround is that you can manually drag-and-drop lettered markers (Shape Hints) onto the before-and-after shapes. Then Flash knows that corner "A" must correspond to corner "A", "B" to "B", and so on. You don't need to add a hint to every single anchor point - two to three should suffice. Try to hit the corners (rather than placing hints along edges), because Flash can usually fill in the middle portions once you've taught it how to manage the corners.

In fact, just by enabling the Shape Hints via the main menu (View > Show Shape Hints), you find that your shape already includes some hints. This may occur, for instance, if you created your costume-breast shapes by copy-pasting the breast fills from the Mod template. In such cases, you may be able to resolve the problem by simply deleting these scattered/orphaned Shape Hints. Of course, it would be more prudent to drag them into their proper places.

If you're stuck, google "Flash Shape Hints" for more advice.

If you're really stuck, post your FLA file and someone may be able to apply Shape Hints (and/or simplify the geometry) so that your breast slider tween behaves properly.

BrokenToaster

Content Creator
Hey Stuntcock,

That's exactly what I was looking for! Its hard to ask for what you want when you don't really know what you want. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.