Naruto Ninja Storm 2 (1 Viewer)

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SJpFtRt3yU

Another fighting game, some pretty brutal and beautiful finisher animations. Lots of female characters, I should have got this but I decided to buy the new Fallout today. How's the ryona quality on this one?

X

xephion

well i don't play it for ryona stuff but it have lots of it i suppose to me is the best fighthing game of the year for xbox awesome story mode (with amazing cinematic), awesome fights and if you are searching for ryona yes they have ryona, but the only thing i didnt ;like of this game is that 4kids of US eliminate lost of gore and blood even smoking to me is wtf why, but well still is and awesome game 8 of 10 but if you are a naruto fan then is 10 of 10, one more thing for the xbox version is the first shuppuden game in xbox and the first ultimate ninja, in the case of ps3 is the first ultimate ninja with online function

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I really love the visuals in this games; they are some of the best animations I have seen in my life. When talking about blood and gore, I'm a bit pickier. As a biology student I don't enjoy watching 70L of blood poor away from a single body as some other animations would suggest. If they were aiming for blood and gore, they better do it right.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
well i don't play it for ryona stuff but it have lots of it i suppose to me is the best fighthing game of the year for xbox awesome story mode (with amazing cinematic), awesome fights and if you are searching for ryona yes they have ryona, but the only thing i didnt ;like of this game is that 4kids of US eliminate lost of gore and blood even smoking to me is wtf why, but well still is and awesome game 8 of 10 but if you are a naruto fan then is 10 of 10, one more thing for the xbox version is the first shuppuden game in xbox and the first ultimate ninja, in the case of ps3 is the first ultimate ninja with online function

Gah, I found this very hard to read. You should really slow down while you're typing.
I'd butt heads with you on the notion that this could be any sort of "Game of the Year" game... but I have better ways to waste my time.
What I will butt heads with you on however is who owns the US rights to Naruto. Viz Media owns the rights to it here, not 4Kids. If 4Kids' owned the rights to it then you could expect all the shuriken to be changed into gingerbreadmen or something equally stupid.

On the real topic however, I picked up a copy for the PS3, and here's my take on it:
Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is indeed, well polished, and does have some fantastic visuals. Including some absolutely crazy boss battles and action packed scenes there in. The character roster is quite nice, several female characters, with special mention going to Tsuande who's of course is the lady with the biggest bust on the roster. (Which should come as a surprise to no one.)
Personally I enjoyed Lars Alexanderson's guest appearance in the game, it was a strange, but welcome addition.

Ryona quality... is ehh... not very good. The "Ultimate Jutsu" specials are cinematic, but don't usually give you a good view of the beat down, they also tend to go by very, VERY quick. Most dishonorable mention going to Killer Bee's overly simple Lariat... which is Exactly What It Says On The Tin.
The normal attack animations are way too fast to really get a good look at how exactly they connect. But hey, if you like the same 5-6 hit animations the victim will cycle through, then hey; why not?
There is no blood in battle, (aside from a few story battles) and absolutely no gore (unless you count some of the bodily horrors some of the enemies turn out to be.) I do not see how there could be any more blood in the Japanese version, let alone gore...

All in all, the game is very fast paced, simple to pick up, and rather fun to play. The story is a retelling of the Shippuden era up to the end of the Pain arc, so if you're a fan of the series, you shouldn't expect anything new story wise.
The ryona quality is minimal at best, and not very satisfying. It's predecessor Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, a PS3 exclusive, is a bit better on the ryona quality, though not by much.
A decent buy if you're looking for a simple, fast, fun fighting game. Not so much if you're looking for a game to test your skill, or if you're in it for the violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.