Multi File Loading Question / Mod Existence Question (1 Viewer)

royblaze

Potential Patron
Hello all!

So I've been lurking around for what seems like forever, and now I made an account. Woo!

I've been playing SDT for a bit and just enjoying it (no real code stuffs or what nots, just the mod swf importing) but I've always had this question. Is there a way to know which mod is in effect during my play? Is there a way to see how many mods I am running at a time?

I know that on the lower right-ish side of the SDT window there is that white tab that has all the mods and stuff in it, but I really can never tell which mods are on or off at a time.

Also, on a side note; for most of the character imports I get off of the Imports page, I keep them in named folders with a code.txt and a hair.png. I then keep all those folders in my mod folder along with all my other mods, and as you might guess it gets cluttered. Is there a better way to quickly import hair and codes? Usually I use the side-mod manager to quickly load my characters.

In particular, is there a way to import MANY hair.pngs at once and have them on the "hair" thing for the vanilla SDT (and thus persist for every time I open up SDT)?

Lastly (sorry for all these Q's!) I have a buttload of backgrounds. Is there an easy way to just import them all into SDT?

Thanks!

ModGuy

Content Creator
royblaze said:
Is there a way to know which mod is in effect during my play?
Is there a way to see how many mods I am running at a time?
Is there a better way to quickly import hair and codes? Usually I use the side-mod manager to quickly load my characters.
In particular, is there a way to import MANY hair.pngs at once and have them on the "hair" thing for the vanilla SDT (and thus persist for every time I open up SDT)?
Lastly (sorry for all these Q's!) I have a buttload of backgrounds. Is there an easy way to just import them all into SDT?

1. A bit of a vague question, but I believe the answer is no either way. Mods are designed to be loaded and then hand over control.
I could implement some counter for the # of stacked mods, and then the filenames of each if that'd help (just remembered I forgot to implement a debugging window >.<)
2. ^^
3. You could store them in vanilla and load any mods afterwards, otherwise you can come up with a solution and who knows if it'll get implemented.
4. Not AFAIK, but a script would be potentially possible:

Use some grep or whatever to store .PNG names in to a file.
Load a mod which loads this file and starts a loop, for each image in queue...
It will auto load image and code or whatever, perhaps mod SDT.swf to provide a callback for speed.
This will then remove the file from the queue and proceed until the queue is empty.
(Probably would be wise to then auto prompt the user to back up the .SDT file.)

5. Didn't know that you could import backgrounds and cycle customs, same idea as above if it applies.

royblaze

Potential Patron
Holy hell! What a fantastic answer. Thanks ModGuy! I think for now I'll stick with the manual importing... seeing as I don't know a thing about coding or scritping magic.

How would I store them in vanilla (the character folders I have)?

ModGuy

Content Creator
You'd load the image and code then hit save, maybe.
I haven't saved something in vanilla other than a few tests so I've little knowledge of what it supports.
Last I checked SWF mods could not be stored in to standard SDT, just code and hair.
Perhaps it supports images in general.

Follow this thread for somewhat more useful knowledge, I've not very much:
http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2965.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.