Much Darker Eyeshadow (1 Viewer)

skoid

Potential Patron
I know that there are some mods that extend the scale of some size sliders, can anyone create a mod that extends the alpha slider for the eye shadow? So that we can have much darker gothic style and ganguro style eyeshadow? I know the "Sawyer Eyes" mod already exists but it only does the lower undereye shadow and makes it black.

Attached is a quick photoshop comparison.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    359 KB · Views: 354

skoid

Potential Patron
I fooled around with cheat engine and managed to get the value of the color up to over the normal limit of 255 to 300. But I can't change the number that it caps at to see if it can get darker.

Or if someone can create a mod that just runs two instances of the eye shadow color that would essentially double the thickness of it

skoid

Potential Patron
Is there anyone who can make an SWF mod to dramatically darken the eye shadow on the girl? I feel this could be done very easily by simply increasing the range of the slider that governs the alpha of the eye shadow, much like breast enlargement mods and stuff. Or barring that, creating a mod that just duplicates the already existing eye shadow in the vanilla game so that it doubles the darkness/Thickness of it. Unfortunately I lack the expertise to do something like this

An end result might look like this.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    359 KB · Views: 220

skoid

Potential Patron
If there isn't anyone who can do this can someone at least offer me some insight as to how to do it?

stuntcock

Content Creator
You seem to be assuming that the eyeshadow is an opaque object, whose alpha value is adjusted at runtime within a limited range (e.g. 0% ... 60%). Therefore, we would simply need to raise the upper limit in order to obtain very dark eyeshadow.

Actually, the eyeshadow sprite itself is inherently semi-transparent; its gradient fill includes an alpha parameter. The game currently allows you to reach 100% opacity. The problem is that 100% opacity is not as dark as you would like it to be. It's not possible to exceed 100% opacity by applying a transformation at runtime.

Therefore, you would need to extract the eyeshadow sprites from SDT.swf (via ffdec - check the range 1183 to 1223), manipulate them in a vector artwork program such as Inkscape (and/or draw new sprites which fits the same shape), write some ActionScript to replace the original eyeshadow sprites with your new versions, and then publish the whole thing as a SWF file.

Of course, you don't need to do it all in the order I've listed. It would be a good idea to focus on one element (e.g. the lower-eyelid makeup) first, and then work on the others after you've proven that the technique will be effective.

If you don't know how to use Flash (and you aren't willing to learn) then you could simply share SVG files for the new/revised eyeshadow sprites. You could then ask the forum's Flash modders to package your artwork into a SWF mod and write the necessary code.

skoid

Potential Patron
Isn't there any way to just duplicate the sprite that the game already runs? Effectively doubling it?

Rod

Content Creator
I'm aware that this post is rather old, and that the user skoid skoid is probably not around any more.

But for others who come across this:
There is a smokey eye mod, which allows to add an extra layer of make-up to the eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.