moreclothing loading error (1 Viewer)

www.wtf.com

Potential Patron
I have an even stranger glitch: it will load my moreclothing folder up to a certain point, then stop for no reason. no error, it just stops loading more mods and never finishes. the weirdest part is, it was working the day before, and I changed absolutely nothing between sessions, but it still broke. then again, I am trying to get it to load, like, 345 mods (thanks to auto-gen settings, after futzing around myself for a week with the settings file) but then again again, it stops around item 54. and then, after trying like, 15 times, it will suddenly work. thoughts?

stuntcock

Content Creator
thoughts?
I commend you for taking the time to find an existing thread with a similar problem. But the problem there is slightly different, so I'd prefer to keep the discussion (and possible resolution/fix) of this problem separate -- for the convenience of future readers.

I have an even stranger glitch: it will load my moreclothing folder up to a certain point, then stop for no reason. no error
I assume that this means "no on-screen message in red text". Could you please try to run the game through the Flash Player Projector content debugger, and then copy-paste (or screenshot) any exceptions that appear during loading?

I changed absolutely nothing between sessions
There are a few body-mods which are "sensitive" to the state of the game (e.g. arms behind back VS arms on legs). So "I changed nothing" might not be completely accurate - you may have changed the arm positions during normal gameplay.

Try to start the game without moreClothing (i.e. temporarily omit it from your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file) then perform an in-game RESET and close the game. Then add moreClothing back into your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file and try to startup normally. It's unlikely that this will fix your problem, but at this point we're assuming that you haven't encountered any actual exceptions -- we're in "guessing" mode.

It's also possile that you have a custom dialogue in the background which is messing things up, by randomly attempting to change sexual positions or remove some of the girl's clothing. This is a "long shot" guess, though. It's much more likely that there's a conflict within the ActionScript of a particular SWF file.

Note: custom ActionScript is usually found in Loader mods, but there are some older vanilla SWF imports which include special scripting. And there are a few moreclothing-compatible MOD files (example) which include heavy scripting. The scripting within these files may be unreliable. When these files are loaded in the wrong context or the wrong order, they may generate instability and interfere with mod loading.

it stops around item 54
Open up your moreclothingV6settings.txt file. Try to comment-out a large block (e.g. 45...65). Does the loading reliably finish after you've made this change? If so, increase focus -- restore half of that block (so that only 50...60 are commented out). Repeat the process until you can identify a small set of suspicious files. Then share them here so that we can investigate.

P.S. If you're still using version 5 of moreclothing then you should probably upgrade to version 6 before proceeding. It's unlikely that the upgrade will spontaneously fix your error. Nonetheless, it's polite to recognize modders' work by using the latest-and-greatest version (instead of asking them to provide support for outdated code).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.