Monogatari Series // Various Characters (1 Viewer)

Nigida

Potential Patron
I'd like to request Tsubasa Hanekawa (short hair) from the Monogatari series. SyntaxTerror was so kind to take on this request and I repost it here to give it more attention.

Attachments

• Tsubasa Hanekawa 01.jpg
    Tsubasa Hanekawa 01.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa 02.jpg
    Tsubasa Hanekawa 02.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa 03.jpg
    Tsubasa Hanekawa 03.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa 04.jpg
    Tsubasa Hanekawa 04.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 164

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Re: Tsubasa Hanekawa (short hair) // Monogatari Series

Here she is:

99d84b343641313.jpg

All her clothes are from the base game (not so good, but I don't have any other). The hair and custom data are on SyntaxTerror's Imports.

[EDIT] I'll try to do the bed-hair later. ;)

Nigida

Potential Patron

Damn, could you be any faster? :o *throws Karma your way*

SyntaxTerror said:
[EDIT] I'll try to do the bed-hair later. ;)

I could provide more references for that, if you need them.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator

Nigida said:
I could provide more references for that, if you need them.

Yes, if you have some. I prefer to copy something made by a real artist than to create myself. ::)

I'll just redo the hair I made before, there is only some hair strands to add, but if you can find a reference shot from the side it will make my work easier and certainly more accurate.

Nigida

Potential Patron

Here you go, I'm afraid there were not that many (not being a tiny picture from afar) scenes with side shots of that messy hair and it looked a bit different in each one, lol.

Attachments

• Hanekawa Bed Hair 02.jpg
    Hanekawa Bed Hair 02.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Hanekawa Bed Hair 03.jpg
    Hanekawa Bed Hair 03.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Hanekawa Bed Hair 01.jpg
    Hanekawa Bed Hair 01.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 175

Nigida

Potential Patron

Looks even better than I hoped, request fulfilled!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator

Strangely, people seem to prefer the "bed-hair" to the "normal" hair: 102 downloads vs. 82. ::)

Nigida

Potential Patron

SyntaxTerror said:
Strangely, people seem to prefer the "bed-hair" to the "normal" hair: 102 downloads vs. 82. ::)

Doesn't surprise me that much, I requested it because I liked it a lot when it happened in the show.

Nigida

Potential Patron
I'd like to request a few other characters if you are willing to work on them: Tsukihi Araragi, Karen Araragi and Kanbaru Suruga. All have very short hair that was longer at some point earlier in the show. It's a common thing for the characters in this show to have their hair "shortened". ???

Karen Araragi:

Attachments

• Karen Araragi 01.jpg
    Karen Araragi 01.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Tsukihi Araragi 01.jpg
    Tsukihi Araragi 01.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Tsukihi left Karen right.jpg
    Tsukihi left Karen right.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Kanbaru Suruga.jpg
    Kanbaru Suruga.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 128

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Nigida said:
I'd like to request a few other characters if you are willing to work on them: Tsukihi Araragi, Karen Araragi and Kanbaru Suruga. All have very short hair that was longer at some point earlier in the show. It's a common thing for the characters in this show to have their hair "shortened". ???

I have been looking on Gelbooru to look for the colour of Karen's hair and I found many images with a pony tail on the right side and some without:

238fa9345312558.jpg
a130a5345312571.jpg
nisemonogatari_002.jpg

If I make Karen's hair, I'll do both versions, but what do you think of the colour: Sometimes Karen has brownish hair while her sister has black/purple hair, would you prefer the same colour or different ones?

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Mineur said:
Going to make one for all 3 of those ^^ Tsukihi is prob first on the list
Well, Mineur answered while I was looking for reference shots, but I'm still going to make at least Karen's hair. He has loads of character on his to do list anyway. ::)

Nigida

Potential Patron
SyntaxTerror said:
Nigida said:

I have been looking on Gelbooru to look for the colour of Karen's hair and I found many images with a pony tail on the right side and some without:

238fa9345312558.jpg
a130a5345312571.jpg
nisemonogatari_002.jpg

If I make Karen's hair, I'll do both versions, but what do you think of the colour: Sometimes Karen has brownish hair while her sister has black/purple hair, would you prefer the same colour or different ones?

Karen get's rid of her ponytail at some point in the series, that's why you can find both versions. Of course you can do both versions, I would be the last person to complain about getting more than what I asked for. ;D

As for the color, they have the same haircolor just as in the rightmost picture, all other versions on the net with other colors are non-official artworks and I pretty much dislike those.

Not to sound greedy but I asked you to do them and would like to see your take on the hairs, even if Mineur wants to do them as well.

EDIT:
Mineur said:
Going to make one for all 3 of those ^^ Tsukihi is prob first on the list

Yeah, you said you would work on the series, looking forward to see your take on those. :)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Nigida said:
As for the color, they have the same haircolor just as in the rightmost picture, all other versions on the net with other colors are non-official artworks and I pretty much dislike those.
Can you post an image from the original OAV then? I am currently making Karen's hair with this reference shot as a base:

238fa9345312558.jpg

Nigida

Potential Patron
Color seems about right, here is another sample from the series:

Attachments

• Karen Araragi Haircolor.jpg
    Karen Araragi Haircolor.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Tsukihi Araragi.jpg
    Tsukihi Araragi.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 89

Mineur

Content Creator
Nigida said:
Yeah, you said you would work on the series, looking forward to see your take on those. :)

Yup^^ And dont bother with reference shots, I can easily get them myself and for some shorthaired ones they are barely needed ;)

Nigida

Potential Patron
Mineur said:
Nigida said:

Yup^^ And dont bother with reference shots, I can easily get them myself and for some shorthaired ones they are barely needed ;)

I know that you don't ask for/need refs, but Syntax asked for some. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.