Mod Manager for SuperDeepThroat (1 Viewer)

MyNameIsChef

Potential Patron
Hi,
This program helps you in the process of installing a mod. In order for it to work properly you need to drop the .exe in your "Mods" folder.
You can have up to 8 categories, that are registered in a CharacterFolders.txt with [categoryName].
Capturesdf.png

If the ModManager doesnt find any categories, a dialog window will open, allowing you to create up to 8 new categories with the corresponding CharacterFolders.txt. You can later return to this window by pressing the "Configure categories" button in the main window.
Configure_Categories.png

After the categories have been set up, you'll be able to choose, if you want to add or remove a mod. Then you need to specifiy a category and finally enter the name of the mod.
If you choose to add a mod, the SDTModManager will create a directory with the name of the mod in the category you specified and also add the mod to the corresponding CharacterFolders.txt.
If you choose to remove a mod, it will find the mod in the specified category, remove it, and delete it from the corresponding CharacterFolders.txt.
Main_Window.png

If you would like to view or change the source code and upload your own version of this, feel free to do so ( This program was written in C++ in QtCreator ).

Have a nice day,
Chef

Attachments

Source.rar
7.4 KB · Views: 316

Binaries.rar
5.4 MB · Views: 425

Last edited:

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I don't understand what this program does but I think it's interesting and I tried to test by myself.

But when I tried to run it I got this error :
yPpSz7T.png

MyNameIsChef

Potential Patron
I don't understand what this program does but I think it's interesting and I tried to test by myself.

But when I tried to run it I got this error :
yPpSz7T.png
Thank you for the info. I updated Binaries.rar and the program should now start properly.
Also, I'm sorry if my post was confusing. What excactly didn't you understand?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
What excactly didn't you understand?
Well, I did not understand what was the purpose of your program. xD
But it's probably my fault and I should understand by testing by myself ;)

Edit : Are you sure you upload the latest version of the Binaries.rar ? I still have the same error.

MyNameIsChef

Potential Patron
Well, I did not understand what was the purpose of your program. xD
But it's probably my fault and I should understand by testing by myself ;)

Edit : Are you sure you upload the latest version of the Binaries.rar ? I still have the same error.
It's updated now. Sorry 'bout that, it took a little longer to upload than I expected.
As for the purpose of this program: As a content creator I'm sure you know about the process of installing a mod (i.e. a .swf file):
You create a folder with the name of the mod. In that folder you place the .swf file. In the same directory as that folder you need a CharacterFolders.txt in which you add the name of the folder.
This program automatically does all that for you and after it's done, all you need to do is drop the .swf file in the new folder.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Ok the last file work properly now, thank you.
This is what I understood : it is quite similar to the "Mods Folder.jar" in the @ModGuy Loader bundle but with some improvements, right ?

I think I find an another trouble : when I don't select any category the "dialog" window should appears, right ?. But I've got this :
YargKqQ.png

May I make a suggestion ? It work properly when I choose "Add" with the "DevExamples" category. But I think the program should give us a feedback in order to inform users that the folder have been successfully created and the characterfolder.txt updated.

MyNameIsChef

Potential Patron
Ok the last file work properly now, thank you.
This is what I understood : it is quite similar to the "Mods Folder.jar" in the @ModGuy Loader bundle but with some improvements, right ?

I think I find an another trouble : when I don't select any category the "dialog" window should appears, right ?. But I've got this :
YargKqQ.png

May I make a suggestion ? It work properly when I choose "Add" with the "DevExamples" category. But I think the program should give us a feedback in order to inform users that the folder have been successfully created and the characterfolder.txt updated.
Thanks for your feedback. I didn't even know about Mod Folder.jar so I'll check that out. I wouldn't say that my SDTModManager improves anything though xD. As you've already discovered it's still riddled with bugs and lacks a bunch of important features. But suggestions like yours help me alot and I'll try to improve it when I have the time.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Your welcome. I think your project is really interesting so I'm glad to helping you to deal with bugs. ;)

Mod Folder.jar just update the CharacterFolder.txt file with the folder already present in the "Mods" folder. It don't create or delete any folder and don't give any feedback. So you already have made some improvement. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.