"Mod Loading Failed" After I switched from Chrome to the Adobe projector (1 Viewer)

inglorious89

Potential Patron
Lemme preference this by apologizing if this topic has been covered already. I haven't seen it in the bugs report after Chrome dropped partial Flashplayer support, but I easily could've overlooked something, so if I'm flooding the board with extra crap then again, I apologize.

Anyway, after switching over to the latest Adobe flashplayer projector, I got SDT to load, but whenever I open the Loader none of my mods load and I get the message "Mod Loading Failed." on the top right of the screen. The moreclothing mod and the animtools (among a few others) should load in, but of course they're not. The Adobe .exe is in my Loader folder, and its currently set as my default program for opening .swf files.

I'd appreciate any help.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I got SDT to load, but whenever I open the Loader none of my mods load and I get the message "Mod Loading Failed." on the top right of the screen.
  • That error can occur due to a dirty/unstable game state. It's especially likely to appear if you've been tinkering with character folders, and you've recently renamed or deleted some SWF files. Please note that I'm referring to SWF "content" files (such as hairstyles and clothing) rather than Loader mods.
    • When you start the game, try mashing the Reset button on the Scene tab. Hit the button while the $INIT$ stuff is loading. Hit it again after $INIT$ is done. Then close the game window, open a new window, load the game, and Reset a few more times -- just in case.
    • There's one particular incarnation of the "Mod Loading Failed" error which can make the game entirely unplayable -- because it crashes the game so hard that the Reset button becomes unresponsive. If we're actually dealing with that error then you can either manually fix the *.sol file (which is tricky) or just move/rename your SDT folder (which invalidates your *.sol file, reverts some of the game options to default, and should allow you to start the game normally).
  • Try running the game in the Flash Player Projector content debugger, rather than the plain old Flash Player projector. You'll find the download link in the same place; the two files appear side-by-side.
    • It's possible for the game code to encounter a serious error, called an exception, during loading. This can occur, for example, because the game attempts to access a local file but the operating system blocks it from doing so.
    • More commonly, an exception will occur because a Mod is poorly written. Or because the Mod has been configured incorrectly. Or because you're trying to load the Mod while of its prerequisites is still missing.
    • If you can get an exception to occur then you'll see a popup window with some weird technical text. Copy-paste that into a reply here, and we'll investigate it.
  • Try to isolate the problem.
    • Download a fresh copy of sby's Loader pack. Deploy it to a new folder on your HDD. Try to run the game, and let us know whether it works or not. Test it with Flash Player 11 (by double-clicking sby's shortcut) and Flash Player 23 (by double-clicking Loader.swf -- which should launch the game in your own default Flash Player).
    • Return to your regular SDT folder. Check the Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file. Are there any obvious flaws? Have any items been commented out (by adding a semicolon at the beginning of a line of text)? Do any mods get mentioned twice? Please note that attempting to load a mod twice -- even two different versions of the same mod (e.g. moreClothingV5_3.swf and moreClothingV6.swf) -- will usually cause misbehavior.
    • Create a backup of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file. Now start at the bottom, and start disabling mod entries by commenting them out (adding a semicolon at the start of the line). After each change, restart the game. The goal is to remove mods until the game begins to startup normally. If you're able to identify a particular mod which is causing problems then please mention it here. You can also try to reinstate everything except for that one troublesome mod -- to determine whether the game will load properly.
    • If you're unable to resolve the problem on your own, then please post the contents of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt in this thread. We'll check it for any obvious errors or omissions.

inglorious89

Potential Patron
  • That error can occur due to a dirty/unstable game state. It's especially likely to appear if you've been tinkering with character folders, and you've recently renamed or deleted some SWF files. Please note that I'm referring to SWF "content" files (such as hairstyles and clothing) rather than Loader mods.
    • When you start the game, try mashing the Reset button on the Scene tab. Hit the button while the $INIT$ stuff is loading. Hit it again after $INIT$ is done. Then close the game window, open a new window, load the game, and Reset a few more times -- just in case.
    • There's one particular incarnation of the "Mod Loading Failed" error which can make the game entirely unplayable -- because it crashes the game so hard that the Reset button becomes unresponsive. If we're actually dealing with that error then you can either manually fix the *.sol file (which is tricky) or just move/rename your SDT folder (which invalidates your *.sol file, reverts some of the game options to default, and should allow you to start the game normally).
  • Try running the game in the Flash Player Projector content debugger, rather than the plain old Flash Player projector. You'll find the download link in the same place; the two files appear side-by-side.
    • It's possible for the game code to encounter a serious error, called an exception, during loading. This can occur, for example, because the game attempts to access a local file but the operating system blocks it from doing so.
    • More commonly, an exception will occur because a Mod is poorly written. Or because the Mod has been configured incorrectly. Or because you're trying to load the Mod while of its prerequisites is still missing.
    • If you can get an exception to occur then you'll see a popup window with some weird technical text. Copy-paste that into a reply here, and we'll investigate it.
  • Try to isolate the problem.
    • Download a fresh copy of sby's Loader pack. Deploy it to a new folder on your HDD. Try to run the game, and let us know whether it works or not. Test it with Flash Player 11 (by double-clicking sby's shortcut) and Flash Player 23 (by double-clicking Loader.swf -- which should launch the game in your own default Flash Player).
    • Return to your regular SDT folder. Check the Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file. Are there any obvious flaws? Have any items been commented out (by adding a semicolon at the beginning of a line of text)? Do any mods get mentioned twice? Please note that attempting to load a mod twice -- even two different versions of the same mod (e.g. moreClothingV5_3.swf and moreClothingV6.swf) -- will usually cause misbehavior.
    • Create a backup of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file. Now start at the bottom, and start disabling mod entries by commenting them out (adding a semicolon at the start of the line). After each change, restart the game. The goal is to remove mods until the game begins to startup normally. If you're able to identify a particular mod which is causing problems then please mention it here. You can also try to reinstate everything except for that one troublesome mod -- to determine whether the game will load properly.
    • If you're unable to resolve the problem on your own, then please post the contents of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt in this thread. We'll check it for any obvious errors or omissions.

Resetting then reloading seems to have fixed everything. Thanks for the help, man!

Axel_Rift

Potential Patron
Also! Try to put every mods as default! :) I just figured it out! (Default/MODNAME.swf) in the mod notepad

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.