1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod loader help

Discussion in 'Help' started by ohcmonrest, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ohcmonrest

ohcmonrest Potential Patron

Mar 30, 2014
    guys I honestly dont get what I'm doing wrong with the loader, ive downloaded the loader from ModGuy more than six months ago and i still cant get load any special mods. when i start up the loader i go to the loader tab and thats where i've been stuck for months.

I've read all the available help files, i've read the guides, I've searched the forums, i've searched google, i cant load any mods, how does it work.

the reason why i've waited this long is because on the guide it says it's easy as fuck, so am I just dumb?
    I have spent hours trying to get it to work, it's so frustrating. :'(

can someone please explain it to me please. i beg of you

am i just massively overlooking something here? I'm in my first year of computer science at uni and because i've struggled so hard with this i'm starting to question my entire study choice :-\

Attached Files:

2. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

Feb 17, 2011
    Ideally you don't load mods yourself, that's the whole point in the loader.
    Set up the filesystem and let it do the work.
  3. SyntaxTerror

SyntaxTerror Swell Supporter Content Creator

Jul 24, 2014
    I don't know much about the Loader, I prefer to use Vanilla SDT, but I've already used some mods on it.

First, I don't think, you are going on the right tab: open the Modding tab, click on the button Swf Mod... on the left, browse your computer and select the mod you want, et voila!

To save your character afterwards, look at this post: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=5642.msg84537#msg84537

If you are using an up to date version of the loader, it should be fine.

You didn't need to start computer studies to play SDT I believe... ;)

[EDIT] Use sby's help instead! ::)
  4. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

Sep 11, 2012

i think this thread has the best visuals for putting stuff in the right location: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3601

plenty of helpful links in my signature like videos.
    or you can grab my loader pack for noobs if you are mostly having trouble setting up my mods
  5. americanole

americanole Potential Patron

Feb 12, 2014
    The last tab, 'loader' is mostly used (at least by me) when you've set up one of sby's mods which has some weird extra stuff when you scroll through the pages using left and right buttons on the bottom.

Other than that, use the other tabs.

Modding tab mostly deals with all the imports, dialogues, hairs, clothing, backgrounds and stuff like that.

If you're looking to set up other type of mods(animtools, moreclothing or any other thing you wouldn't imagine vanilla version do), you should (mostly) throw them in MODS/INIT folder and write their full names into Mods.txt with extension.

If you're looking to set up characters, you should either get moreclothing and use built-in save character function or make character-specific folders in the Mods folder. While I say character-specific, it's not entirely true, it can be any mods you want (him body mods, clothing, the weird loader mods) to load together. In order to do that, you must have Mods.txt file with all the .swf file names in the folder, Code.txt file for character code, Hair.png file for hair images, Background.[ext] for backgrounds. You don't have to have all of them, but you must have at least one. After you've done that, you must put the folder name into the Mods.txt outside the folder in format 'name:name'.

I think all the stuff I explained is somewhere in the tutorials so if you've read them all, you might be having another issue I haven't touched, to resolve that you need to give more information about what exactly are you trying to set up.