Mod Editing? (1 Viewer)

lotus360

Potential Patron
I was trying to edit Dante's Silk Robe mod (http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3132.0) to mess around with the colors. I used to sothink swf decomplier to extract the .fla file (it also extracted a few .sa files). I then opened the .fla in Flash builder amd was able to edit it just fine. However, when I publish the file, its size is about half the original and it won't load in loader. If I try opening the file in flash and publishing without any editing at all I get the same result. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to load the .sa files manually? If so, how would I do that? Thanks in advanced.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Decompiled stuff won't necessarily operate the same, in fact it's always unlikely.
It's .as, not .sa, right? Anyway, ask Dante directly for a modification.
It's more effort to work with broken source and you're using his work anyway.

If you must use these files, attach them. We can't understand a problem without seeing what you've got.

lotus360

Potential Patron
I see. I thought it would just be a simple extract and edit but I guess not. I suppose I'll just message Dante then. Thanks.

I attached the files anyway. The original and what I got from decompilation .

Attachments

Silk_Robe.swf
7.5 KB · Views: 480

Silk_Robe_Extract.rar
11.5 KB · Views: 84

ModGuy

Content Creator
Yep, you nuked it. That FLA isn't layed out correctly at all.
Have a look at the vanilla template and you'll see that you're missing the actual mod registering and such.
This is workable, however I suggest that you simply cut/paste elements to the vanilla template as a sanity check.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hue shiftable silk robes:
[attachurl=1]
i happen to have already made this before

(decompiled, tweaked, and then re-compiled)

edit - attachment removed, silk robe tweaked mod included with moreclothing

lotus360

Potential Patron
MG said:
Yep, you nuked it. That FLA isn't layed out correctly at all.
Have a look at the vanilla template and you'll see that you're missing the actual mod registering and such.
This is workable, however I suggest that you simply cut/paste elements to the vanilla template as a sanity check.

I see. I can't get it to work quite right just cutting and pasting either. I sent Dante a message already for it, thanks though.

sby said:
hue shiftable silk robes:
[attachurl=1]
i happen to have already made this before

(decompiled, tweaked, and then re-compiled)

Thanks, but that color shift hurts the eyes it does. These were the edits I was trying to do in flash.

Attachments

• Silk_Robe_1.png
    Silk_Robe_1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Silk_Robe_1_arm.png
    Silk_Robe_1_arm.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Silk_Robe_2.png
    Silk_Robe_2.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Silk_Robe_2_arm.png
    Silk_Robe_2_arm.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 58

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Okay I almost forgot about this one. Recent developments in my abilities have provided me with the capability to make the robe RGB. I'll be on it very soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.