1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Editing?

Discussion in 'Help' started by lotus360, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lotus360

lotus360 Potential Patron

I was trying to edit Dante's Silk Robe mod (http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3132.0) to mess around with the colors. I used to sothink swf decomplier to extract the .fla file (it also extracted a few .sa files). I then opened the .fla in Flash builder amd was able to edit it just fine. However, when I publish the file, its size is about half the original and it won't load in loader. If I try opening the file in flash and publishing without any editing at all I get the same result. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to load the .sa files manually? If so, how would I do that? Thanks in advanced.

2. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

Decompiled stuff won't necessarily operate the same, in fact it's always unlikely.
    It's .as, not .sa, right? Anyway, ask Dante directly for a modification.
    It's more effort to work with broken source and you're using his work anyway.

If you must use these files, attach them. We can't understand a problem without seeing what you've got.

3. lotus360

I see. I thought it would just be a simple extract and edit but I guess not. I suppose I'll just message Dante then. Thanks.

I attached the files anyway. The original and what I got from decompilation .

Attached Files:

4. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

Yep, you nuked it. That FLA isn't layed out correctly at all.
    Have a look at the vanilla template and you'll see that you're missing the actual mod registering and such.
    This is workable, however I suggest that you simply cut/paste elements to the vanilla template as a sanity check.

5. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

hue shiftable silk robes:
    [attachurl=1]
    i happen to have already made this before

(decompiled, tweaked, and then re-compiled)

edit - attachment removed, silk robe tweaked mod included with moreclothing

6. lotus360

I see. I can't get it to work quite right just cutting and pasting either. I sent Dante a message already for it, thanks though.

Thanks, but that color shift hurts the eyes it does. These were the edits I was trying to do in flash.

Attached Files:

7. dantethedarkprince

dantethedarkprince Club Regular Content Creator

Okay I almost forgot about this one. Recent developments in my abilities have provided me with the capability to make the robe RGB. I'll be on it very soon