1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing threads, broken links

Discussion in 'Guest Room' started by KiTiTy, Nov 13, 2015.

1. KiTiTy

KiTiTy Vivacious Visitor

Hi, first of all thanks for keeping the community alive.

This has happened a lot, but an example is I just searched for "c9 nude mod" on google and found a link that said Continent of the Ninth (C9) - Game Vixen Zone which linked to : http://www.gamevixenzone.net/saucy-requests-24/continent-ninth-c9-309/

Unfortunately that link doesn't redirect to the correct page on Undertow, and I am actually unable to find the thread. I have tried searching for it here on Undertow but no results.

Are threads still being transitioned or whats the deal?

2. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

3. KiTiTy

KiTiTy Vivacious Visitor

Ahh, I guess if you weren't going to save something that would be it.. Although it would be nice to preserve them, even if it was hidden and buried--as GVZ's policy on web crawlers prevented unique content exclusive to GVZ from being archived.

Also, the issue with resolving old links to the new site is the number in the URLs don't match, the number for this thread is 7790, for example. If the numbers between the old links and the new pages lined up, you could copy and paste the URL after the domain name.

Just trying to help.

4. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Yup, as I mentioned in the other post, those aren't going to match up because we migrated multiple sites to one. There's no simple redirect/rewrite that will handle old URLs resolving to the correct post here.

5. E. Thereal

E. Thereal Guest

Hi detritus, didn't realise the shinysports site was a forum, was only aware of the gallery, and only ever viewed as a visitor. As someone else said elsewhere the content was fairly unique on the Internet cos it actually had some real women in it lol. Do the pics still exist? Is there maybe some other group they could be added to? Sorry for the ignorance, have no idea the scale of what I may have just asked?