1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microbikini / Slingshot bikini

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by sangheilitat, Apr 11, 2016.

1. sangheilitat

sangheilitat Potential Patron

I'm really surprised that given all the crazy mods and costumes people have created so far, no one has tried to create a micro-bikini or sling bikini yet. Is there some problem preventing the making of one, or are they just not as popular as I thought?

It should be pretty easy to figure out what they'd look like from the side. I tried to get as many side references as I could, but seeing as how clothing modelling is usually done from the front on, it's a bit difficult. It shouldn't be too complicated to make either, as they're really just strings barely covering the breasts and crotch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sling bikini:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wolf357

Wolf357 Potential Patron

On the old forum, I remember a mod like this being discussed. From what I remember, the biggest hurdles were the anchor points (take a look at the "side cut t-shirt" with >75% of max breast size and the breathing chest heaves, for example) and that all you'd really see, from the side, is a thin line. If anyone who was involved in that discussion weighs in, they'll probably have further comments.

3. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Hair request: Princess and Calamity Rose from Angel Corps | Page 2 | Undertow

I offered to animate the garment if someone else could provide a reasonable vector-trace of a sling bikini. I'm still willing to do so.

The source image needs to be fairly good (and/or you'll need a bit of artistic talent) because a simple colored line looks ugly (as shown in my screenshots and animation samples). The vectorized artwork should include some shading details, stitchwork, creases, or something to help the viewer believe that "this is an actual bikini fitting around a girl's body" rather than "this is a weird colored line with semi-elastic behavior."

Micro bikinis have been done before (example) and they're less interesting to me as a technical challenge. If you can find good side-view reference artwork then you may be able to convince a modder to create a custom SWF file for you.

That's the basic reason for the Request board's existence:
    "I know that it's very difficult to find good references, so I've spent some of my time carefully gathering useful imagery which satisfies the technical requirements. I've also explained how the mod ought to animate as the girl changes positions, and how it should interact with other SDT mods. With this stuff as a starting point, a modder should be able to create a SWF file which has high artistic fidelity and which closely matches my expectations. I've proven that I'm committed to the idea (by investing time in it) so the modder can rest assured that I'll stick around to provide feedback and beta-testing as development proceeds."

The alternative position is less conducive to success:
    "It's difficult to find side-view images, so I haven't bothered to do so. If a modder takes an interest in my thread, then they can spend their own time finding reference shots -- and then spend even more of their time creating the actual mod. Meanwhile I'll be playing video games. I'll check back in a few months to see whether the work is finished. The resulting mod may not match my expectations, because I was pretty vague. But that's okay! I'll just complain and then ask someone else to create another mod. It's not my time that's being wasted, after all."

I hope that you can see why modder get annoyed by the second approach, and why we have rules which encourage people to abide by the first approach.

Wolf357 likes this.
  4. sangheilitat

The request thread I created here wasn't specifically to ask someone to take these crappy references and make an actual mod of it while I sit on my ass and play videogames, it was moreso to provide references to what exactly I was talking about, and find out why no one's really made a mod of them yet. That's why I asked if there were any technical issues, or a lack of interest. I was more or less going to try my own hand at it anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone had some input on it. Or, if maybe there were mods for them already that I somehow missed, like the microbikini file you posted that I somehow hadn't seen before. Believe me, I'm not trying to just sit here and have someone make a mod of this for me while I do nothing.

5. Huitznahua

Huitznahua Casual Client Content Creator

Sometimes I have trouble to understand what people are trying to say, so the intention is good.
    At the same time, your message looks like a request and it is in "SDT Requests" subforum ...

Guess what. It's more difficult than you thought.

I'm asking sincerely, without any mockery or irony : what are you intend to do ?

6. sangheilitat

Make a mod for a microbikini to start off, then a sling bikini after that, now that I know there aren't any impossible hurdles preventing it from being done. Still not entirely sure why no one has made one yet, but maybe it's more of an obscure swimsuit design than I thought, and that combined with the difficulty has driven people away from it.

7. Huitznahua

Huitznahua Casual Client Content Creator

Well go ahead then ! Does not hesitate to ask for advice etc.

8. fleet

fleet Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Please understand that while Undertow has thousands of members, it has fewer than 50 active modders. Most of them do not mod Super Deep Throat. Anything the requester does (like provide usable art) that reduces the work for a modder serves as an incentive.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (global moderator)